March 2017 Moms
Options

Labor coming?

Wondering if any ladies can provide some insight on their symptoms 24-48 hours prior to going into labor. I am 37 weeks and 3 days, at my 37 week appt I was 2.5cm and 40 effaced. 2 days ago I started losing my mucos plug or what I think is the plug. Last night I was up all night with severe heartburn and contractions that o think are Braxton hicks but occurring every 9-3 mins with period like cramps they had no real pattern and while they were more uncomfortable than in the past they did not progressively get worse. This is my 2nd child but with my first I never experienced early labor as my water broke and I didn't progress so I needed pitocin. Did anyone else experience these symptoms just prior to going into labor? 

Re: Labor coming?

• Options
    Good luck to you!  I had all of these symptoms for about a week leading up to my induction and was hoping it would lead to going into labor on my own (I knew I had to be induced at 37 weeks for a health problem but was hoping it wouldn't come to that).  Ultimately it never lead to labor, but once I was induced it definitely sped things up bc I was already 4cm by then. I would have contractions and period-like cramps for a couple hours every early morning, but they always went away right as I was thinking of calling the doula.  Unfortunately my doctors didn't put much stock in losing the mucous plug as a sign that labor is imminent because it varies so much. 

Not sure if you're hoping for labor or hoping the baby stays put but good luck either way! 
  • Options
    I've been 3 cms for weeks and about 50 percent effected.  I have also had contractions that seems close but never really progress. It was the same for my son. By the time I went to get induced at 41wks 5 days with DS I was at 5 cms, I say I was in early labour for WEEKS!