October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 03.13.17

GTKY: What is your favorite kind of cookie? 

Re: Weekly Randoms 03.13.17

• Options
    Daylight savings sucks. Like I'm not tired enough? Really? Lose an hour of sleep? You've got to be kidding me, right?

GTKY- Christmas cutouts for sure
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The basic chocolate chip is my fave. I have to say my first day back to work wasn't too bad. I did call and text home quite a bit but H did really well by himself. He's realizing how high maintenance she can be and had to lay down with her twice just to get her to nap. Now he knows what I went through. I really didn't do anything at work but pumping takes up so much time. Currently I'm going to pump 4 times until we figure everything out. That will take approx 2 hours out of my work day. Oh well  :).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm loving daylight savings time... but, I've also tricked the kids into going to bed a half hour earlier than usual, and I love the sun not beaming in on my face in the morning right now- it is also helping with Johnny's night time sleep!

GTKY: I love snickerdoodles, but nobody else in my house does so I end up making every other cookie under the sun.
  • Options
    @Allythekid That is awesome.  I wish it helped us out here.  It didn't really make too much of a difference for us.  I have to admit though, I hate it so dark when I'm getting up for work.
  • Options
    What is the easiest/fastest way to clean bottles and pump parts?  It is too time consuming washing them by hand and I wouldn't want to mix them with our dishes in the dishwasher. 
  • Options
    Medela wipes for flange, one quick hot water rinse of connector and yellow thing at work. Soap, rinse and microwave steam sanitize once at night at home is my daily routine.

I've also just used a big Ziploc and just put the whole thing in the bag in the fridge between pumping sessions no washing required and then washed/sanitized it all at night.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brzvice said:
    Medela wipes for flange, one quick hot water rinse of connector and yellow thing at work. Soap, rinse and microwave steam sanitize once at night at home is my daily routine.

I've also just used a big Ziploc and just put the whole thing in the bag in the fridge between pumping sessions no washing required and then washed/sanitized it all at night.

I do the ziplock while I'm at work because if I washed after every session they would just be paying me to pump.
  • Options
    I second daylight savings sucks (only the Spring one), it takes me forever to get used to the change. I can't go to sleep at night and I can't wake up on time.

GTKY: chewy chocolate chip cookies, I want one now just thinking about it
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 I'm sure you get up earlier than I do since you work, but I was getting very frustrated with having sun on my face at 6:45a.m.! Now it waits until about 7:45 before it's unbearably bright and forces me from my slumber haha (well, at least that would be the estimated time if the kids weren't forcing me up before then)
  • Options
    we dont have daylights savings. And since we are so close to the equator the sun rises around 7 am and sets around 7pm all year round (give or take 10 min) 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    In my old life I loved the sun setting later but now it's not dark enough for S at bedtime. Looks like black out shades are in my future. 
  • Options
    I've definitely considered them myself @Ladybug2821

We're any of you in Girl Scouts when you were younger or have DDs who are in, and do you know anything about Cub/Boy Scouts?

I'm really looking into signing Addy and Mikey up, I think it would be great for them. Looking for some feedback if anybody has any!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I was in Girl Scouts. I enjoyed it prior to 3rd grade. Once I was in 3rd grade I thought I was too cool and found excuses not to participate. The one thing I do remember is going on an overnight camping trip which was fun. It's really funny you brought this up because I just came across my sash and patches lol. 
  • Options
    @ladybug2821 What a strange coincidence! I had a feeling when I posted this that you would be somebody who would for sure have something to say. So crazy.

I am pretty positive I want to sign them up. All I have to do is get ex-H and FI's ex to get on board to make sure they don't miss events and meetings and what not. I showed Mikey some Cub Scout videos and he was sold immediately, and I know Addy would 500% all about it so I'm excited about it, may I can even convince FI to volunteer with me and we cold make it a family thing =)

• Options
    @allythekid I was a brownie and a girl scout. I also enjoyed it and made some good memories. Like @Ladybug2821  once I hit the tween age I had a too cool for school attitude and was a girl scout drop out LOL.
    I think Addy would love it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Are any of our babies eye colors permanently set yet? I know V has very dark eyes like her Dad but am wondering/ hoping If they will ever get a twinge of green from her Mama.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brzvice said:
    Are any of our babies eye colors permanently set yet? I know V has very dark eyes like her Dad but am wondering/ hoping If they will ever get a twinge of green from her Mama.
    S also has dark eyes like her Daddy. I think they will stay that way. It would've been cool if she ended up with green like me. But when I was a kid, my eyes were blue until I was about 3 and changed to green so I guess you never know. 
  • Options
    @allythekid I was a Brownie also.  I quit just after I bridged into Girl Scouts (the "too cool" thing is super real).  It was a good experience back in the 90s and the yearly camping trips were definitely the highlight (kick the can ice cream and campfire banana boats, yeah!)  I don't know if it's any different now, but I found a lot of the patches to be geared toward "womanly pursuits" i.e. sewing and glittery crafts.  I always wanted to do Boy Scout stuff instead like whittling and campfire building and tracking.  But like I said, the climate is a bit different now so they might have some cooler things for the girls to do.  Or your DD could prefer those things!
  • Options
    Even if she gets too cool for it later, I think it'll be great for her while her delicate young mind is still adventurous and full of wonder haha I was never too cool for anything, so maybe she'll acquire my geek genes ;)

Also, I don't think eyes stop changing until the late teen years, mine went from dark blue to a light blue grey over the years.
  • Options
    I have no idea what these patches are or what I did to get them but some of the ones I got were called colors and shapes, manners, outdoor fun, art to wear, bridging patch, and music try it. 
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 either way, I bet it was so exciting getting a new patch =)
  • Options
    @allythekid I was in girl scouts for a long time... I cant actually remember when I stopped, maybe high school? I realy enjoyed it and especially the camp out parts. Plus my best friend was always in the same group (troup?) as me. 

@brzvice Abigail has super dark brown eyes like her dad. They've stayed the same since she was born and I don't expect them to change at all
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    @kmolleltz I'm sold on Girl Scouts. And I'm jealous that she'll be having so much fun while I'm having to adult xD

On a completely unrelated note, I've been bleeding for 19 damn days, with only 2 super light days 9 days ago before it hit full speed again... Just. Make it. Stop...
    I'm about to cut this thing out of my arm myself!
  • Options
    HELP!

How do you have an itty bitty teeny tiny wedding/reception in your yard and make it work?

• Options
    @AllyTheKid I've been to one for a relative - it can totally work!
  • Options
    Good food and drinks, something to entertain the kids, small personalized favor for your guests.  IMO That's all you need! 

Questions like this always have me missing @annabenanna :(

Pregnancy Ticker