Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 3/13

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: If you had an extra hour each day that you HAD to use just for yourself, what would you use it on? 

Re: PGAL Check In 3/13

• How far along are you? 37W and 4D

How big is baby? Romaine lettuce - I'm guessing a little over 6lbs now since the last growth scan.

Appointments coming up? NST tomorrow plus BPP and Pre-op appointment with my OBGYN on Friday.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?Emotionally, good. Still have moments of concern on how my daughter will handle all this. Physically, I guess I should be pretty thankful, I really feel decent. Tired, yes and everything is a slow go, but I haven't gained too much weight, no swollen ankles, very rarely have heartburn and for the most part sleep pretty well. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Just counting down now, 3/27 is only two weeks away. I am looking forward to the pre-op appointment with the OBGYN to go over all the details of checking into the hospital and c-section. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    It's surreal that this baby is going to be here soon. I'm trying to remember each kick and just try my best to enjoy these last moments of pregnancy, because for me this is it. It's crazy though, even though I KNOW we will not try for a 3rd child, there's still that lingering "well maybe if it happens really quick" LOL. But there's noway, I'll be 40 in July and after having my daughter, the two loses, and this baby, I've been pregnant or have been obsessed with pregnancy for the past 4 years, and I'm tired. I'm ready to move on to the next phase of my life, enjoying my family exactly how it is. 

GTKY: If you had an extra hour each day that you HAD to use just for yourself, what would you use it on? Ooo, I like this question. There's so many things I'd do. If I had to pick one it would be to continue learning how to sew with my sewing machine. 
  • @Bok Bagok I can understand you're tired! I'm so excited for you that you're almost done. Glad you're feeling pretty well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 35 weeks--my mind is blown because she's as old as and as big as I was when I was born (I was a little bit premature). 

How big is baby?  Pineapple. Five pounds ish. 

Appointments coming up?  No doctor's appointments, but I have a prenatal massage scheduled for Friday and I need to call and preregister at the birthing center. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally it's been a little rough because I've had so many baby showers and the nursery looks like a nursery and I keep having to tamp down the fear that rises up and makes me afraid she won't make it. Even though I know she's doing really well. It's irrational, but PGAL brain always is! Physically not too bad. I'm exhausted and the reflux makes it so hard to eat, and I'm getting up to pee twice as often at night. But overall I feel pretty good. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Term! Or leaving my job. The job thing is huge and will be a crazy hard adjustment. But it's a big step I'll be glad to have crossed. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm so excited the nursery is almost ready. I'm so excited for my first  ever professional massage. I feel overwhelmed by the love I've received from people for this baby through the baby showers we've had. We have our last one tomorrow! 

GTKY: If you had an extra hour each day that you HAD to use just for yourself, what would you use it on?  I would either write, or sleep. Haha. 
  • How far along are you? 20w6d

How big is baby? The size of a banana. S/He weighed 13 oz at my a/s last week

Appointments coming up? Nothing this week but thanks for the reminder to schedule a massage @HGRich

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Good on both levels. Feeling the baby move fairly often has really put my mind at ease, as did seeing the good report of the a/s.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Next week we have our fetal echo and hoping the the LO will cooperate and get us some profile shots!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Why can't maternity jeans just stay up? I'm tired of walking around feeling like my crotch is halfway to my knees. I've heard that once i get bigger it gets better but that isn't helping me now!! Rant over. 

GTKY: If you had an extra hour each day that you HAD to use just for yourself, what would you use it on? Right now I'd use it to read and hope I don't fall asleep. I'm trying to read more but finding it is taking me twice as long because I keep falling asleep during it!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @byrneme I hope you get some profile shots too! That's the sweetest. Also I had the same problem with maternity pants. It was frustrating to be in the middle so long when I couldn't wear regular pants anymore, yoga pants and leggings weren't appropriate work wear, and maternity pants were too big! I was able to wear a couple of pairs by either rolling down the panel in half, or by putting a belly band over them to help keep them up. They definitely fit now and it's so much better! 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme Regarding the maternity pants falling down, I hear you!  It's the worst.  I don't remember where I read it/was told it, but someone suggested to me to wear a tight cami under my shirt and pull down over the panel on the pants, and that seems to work pretty well.  

How far along are you? 
    21 weeks

How big is baby? Large carrot

Appointments coming up? Was hoping to have my 2nd A/S follow-up this week since I'm going out of town for work next week, but I couldn't get in until the end of next week.  Bummer. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally I'm doing pretty well.  Physically I'm ok, having a LOT of gas.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Feeling regular movement. I still don't know that I've *really* felt the baby yet with all this gas.  I have an anterior placenta so I know that contributes but I want a real definitive kick!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: Snow!  It's March 13th.  We had the warmest February on record.  What happened?  Rave: I'm going to San Diego for a conference next week, so looking forward to better weather there! Question: Anyone have any tips for getting baby to move during ultrasound?  Tech gave me a sucker, had me pee, walk around, move around, jostled my baby and nothing!  She suggested I drink some pop or something sugary before my next appointment.  I think this is common, but it's giving me anxiety every time I go!

GTKY: If you had an extra hour each day that you HAD to use just for yourself, what would you use it on? Right now, I'd probably use it for extra sleep!  I should use it to read though, I used to read soooo much, but ever since I had morning sickness that felt like motion sickness, I really slowed down.  I really should get to my stack of baby books at some point!
  • @cpr79 yes, anterior placenta does make it harder to feel baby. I have one too. Also, you mentioned gas--I had some crazy gas problems around mid pregnancy too. And that caused me to feel baby less! I noticed when I was constipated or suffering gas pain that I felt much less than when I was "cleaned out." Haha. I actually had coffee before my first a/s. Just about 8oz, but it was a little too much. lol. Otherwise, yeah, totally normal, and it's not like you can schedule an a/s around baby's busy times! 
  • Thanks for the pants tips ladies! I had bought belly bands and used them all of two weeks, I didn't like the look of my pants being unbuttoned under them, but now I'll try them with these jeans!!

@CPR79 I've heard OJ does the trick too!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • I feel like y'all are a huge part of my pregnant journey so I wanted to share with y'all that we welcomed our rainbow baby into the world on Saturday (3/11) morning at 9:02 am. I'm not gonna lie... it was a rough labor and delivery story. But the end result is the deepest love I have ever known. I'm genuinely going to miss this thread... y'all got me through some of the most difficult emotions I have ever felt.  I'll probably still check in every once in awhile just to follow your stories. I can't wait to hear all about y'all's rainbow babies as well! 

Heres an AW photo of my beautiful rainbow, Hailey Lynn, doing the victory pose to show just how happy we are that we made it through this journey together:

• She's totally gorgeous! Congratulations!!! :)
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 aw! Hooray and congratulations! I'm sorry you had a rough labor but I'm so excited for you that your rainbow is here at last! Thanks for being part of our community and updating us! She's beautiful! 
  • Congratulations @JustAnotherUsername16 !!! She is precious and I'm so excited for you and your family! Speedy recovery and enjoy every minute of Miss Hailey!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Totally gorgeous! Love the hair! 
  • How far along: 18 weeks

how big is baby? Not sure, bigger than an A avocado I think.

Appointments? I have my 18 weeks this Friday at 18+2. Just a boring check up. 

How are are you feeling? Great, 2nd trimester coasting until I hit the 3rd trimester.

Milestones coming up? My 20 weeks scan. I have a Doppler but can feel baby now so haven't used it as much. I worry but only because I wonder how big the little baby is in there. I'd guess it is growijg and doing well because I am? Still worried tho!! 

GTKY: If I have energy for this "extra hour" I would say stay up and watch my girly shows. My flip or flop and mindless HGTV Fixer Upper shows, love um. I know, the laziest answer ever but I'm tired today. This snow made my commute into NYC treacherous today. 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    Congratulations @JustAnotherUsername16 she is beautiful!  I'm sorry to hear labor was rough, but I'm glad to hear that you seem to be doing well now!