June 2017 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 3/13

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3/13

• @graceriesz I honestly do not understand how the lottery for jury duty works.  I have NEVER been called in my 16 years of being eligible.  And other people I know get called legit every year.  How is that even possible?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • HgPaHgPa member
    @kyreno11 Literally what is wrong with that woman. Who says that?!?

Also, so agree about the expectation to always be 'good' or 'fine' when asked. Ugh.
  • Loading the player...
  • @awillis13 I have no idea - I swear the system is flawed. I have a baby on the way - choose someone else! haha
  • @graceriesz for some bizzare reason, I was secretly hoping I would get called in 2014.  We had 2 MAJOR cases going on then, and I thought it would have been interesting to be involved in them (Whitey Bulger and the Marathon Bombing).  They both would have meant multiple weeks out of work, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @awillis13 I can understand that. It is our civic duty - so I get it and those would have been interesting cases. I just don't need one more thing right now, but if I have to go, I suppose May is better than post baby. 
  • @graceriesz it's so easy to get out of jury duty when you have a young child to take care of. If they don't let you out of it for already serving then I'd just write another letter explaining you'll have an infant and it would be difficult and a financial burden to find childcare. 
  • It was not easy for me to get out being a mom. I had two kids and also am a nanny. Judge told me and the other moms, too bad! I was on a jury for 4 days. I actually really enjoyed it.

that being said, I am one of the ones that gets called every year. So many people tell me they have never been summoned, yet I have 4 times. 
  • I have shared parenting of my son who turned 5 today. I dropped him off at daycare this morning and tonight is his dad's time. His dad hasn't had him call me yet... I have sent 2 text messages... Seriously I want to see how his day was!!
  • Wino0920 said:
    It was not easy for me to get out being a mom. I had two kids and also am a nanny. Judge told me and the other moms, too bad! I was on a jury for 4 days. I actually really enjoyed it.

that being said, I am one of the ones that gets called every year. So many people tell me they have never been summoned, yet I have 4 times. 
    That's so crazy. That's how I got out of it last year. In fact, DH was summoned last year as well and was able to get out of it because we had a baby, even though I'm a SAHM. 
  • @CapricaAndrea Why can't he help it? It sounds like my emotionally abusive ex, so if there is a diagnosis I'd love to hear it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @CapricaAndrea Why can't he help it? It sounds like my emotionally abusive ex, so if there is a diagnosis I'd love to hear it!
    He's been diagnosed with both anxiety and depression. We've seen counsellors but it's too expensive to keep up. He doesn't like the idea of medication, but he usually takes vitamins that help, and he has a prescription for low THC/high CBD medical marijuana which helps a lot too. 

Don't get me wrong, he always apologizes later and knows that he's difficult to deal with, and we talk about it a lot, but when he gets stressed out he tends to get overwhelmed very easily and it just comes out however it comes out. We've spent almost 2 years working on this already and most of the time things are actually pretty good, it just happens to be an extremely stressful time right now for many reasons, so this is when it really flares up. 
  • Wino0920 said:
    It was not easy for me to get out being a mom. I had two kids and also am a nanny. Judge told me and the other moms, too bad! I was on a jury for 4 days. I actually really enjoyed it.

That's so weird. I've only been called in once and they let me off no problem. I told them I was a nanny to a special needs baby and there were no other child care options. I was only 19 at the time. Now I'm wondering if they let me off because she was special needs or if they just didn't want a 19 year old on the jury. 
  • Stocking all of these tips in my back pocket incase I need them. Thanks ladies!
  • Really I think it depends on the judge and attorneys. Some might be more understanding than others. But they were right, I made it work and that's that. 
    He's been diagnosed with both anxiety and depression. We've seen counsellors but it's too expensive to keep up. He doesn't like the idea of medication, but he usually takes vitamins that help, and he has a prescription for low THC/high CBD medical marijuana which helps a lot too. 

Don't get me wrong, he always apologizes later and knows that he's difficult to deal with, and we talk about it a lot, but when he gets stressed out he tends to get overwhelmed very easily and it just comes out however it comes out. We've spent almost 2 years working on this already and most of the time things are actually pretty good, it just happens to be an extremely stressful time right now for many reasons, so this is when it really flares up. 
    Thanks for explaining! I never got any apology though, so probably not the same thing  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • CapricaAndreaCapricaAndrea member
    edited March 2017
    GlitterFish said: Thanks for explaining! I never got any apology though, so probably not the same thing  :s
    Probably not, and I'm sorry you were ever in that situation. It's hard enough with someone who knows its a problem and tries often to "make up for it" in any way he can, I can't imagine how awful it would be with someone who didn't acknowledge it as a problem. 

I secretly refer to him sometimes as Mr Hyde when he gets like that. It's like the anxiety and depression make him a completely different person than my husband, and I have to know how to handle this other, upset person. There's definitely a difference between DH being angry or sad and Mr Hyde being angry or sad. I've also seen it come out sometimes with his parents or close friends as well, but it's more carefully hidden then because they don't know the whole story about what's going on with him internally, and he doesn't generally like to talk to anyone else about it except me.