February 2017 Moms

Re: Monday B*fest (3/13)

• I love the GIF haha

My BF is SNOW! We haven't had any snow all winter and have had days in the 60s and 70s (unusually warm weather here), but now mother nature decides to dump possibly a foot + of snow on us in the middle of March! I've been frantically trying to get work things done here at work, and prepared things at home last night in case we lose power. We aren't supposed to get hit until tonight, but I've never had to plan for snow days with a baby lol. I had to plan for multiple scenarios (if we have snow, if we have a delay, etc.) to make sure we are prepared for whatever the weather brings!

The good news is I should have at least one, if not more snows days and get to stay home with DD. The bad news is I will definitely have to bring work home so I'm not behind on my timelines. 
  • @ColeBug89 that is my MBF too! Damn this snow! I'm cold and it makes walking my dog no fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • Add me to that list! It's March and I'm so done with winter. My MBF is more the cold than the snow. It's was a whopping 8 degrees yesterday. I just want to walk the baby outside with the dog and get some fresh air!
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited March 2017
    My BF is that both my older kids have been taking advantage of my husbands work schedule and me being preoccupied with the baby. They both are flat out not doing what they are told to do. DD didn't finish her homework Thursday and turn it in, even though I told her to do it and she told me she did in fact do it. So I found it uncompleted over the weekend. And our son is just wanting to do things his way and completely disregards the instructions given to him. It's pretty frustrating thinking I'm on top of things only to realize I'm really not.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My BF is that it's spring break! My two older kids are home all week. The weather is suddenly cool (for us) and rainy which means I can't get everyone outside. Soooo...here I am, with 4 kids stuck in the house. Going places is still semi difficult for me because of the c-section and well, 4 kids 6 and under. Lol. There's been a lot of fighting amongst them and a TON of mess making. Ugh. 
  • My BF is my SI joint. Or my L4/L5 disc. The PT isn't sure which one it is, but it's a literal pain in my ass. A shooting pain to be specific, whenever I stand. It's making taking care of the baby, taking care of the house, taking care of myself a real struggle. Nevermind exercise or get back into anything remotely approaching prepregnancy health or energy levels.
  • 5 weeks PP and got my period back today. What happened to everything I heard about breastfeeding moms not having one for like 6 months PP? I think that's worthy of a BF.
  • @SawyerRichardson what! Maybe it's just a PP bleeding encore...
  • MommaBean said:
    @SawyerRichardson what! Maybe it's just a PP bleeding encore...
    Lol!! But seriously, I got mine back at 6 weeks with both our other kids, and tomorrow I'll be 5 weeks and I'm still spotting. It seems like I'll never quit bleeding.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh I feel everyone on the bleeding! I had my PP bleeding, had a few weeks break, got my period, then had an IUD put in and I've been bleeding pretty much ever since. I'm over it!
  • @MommaBean god I hope so. Fingers crossed that it's just a one day fluke.
  • my BF is the killer headache I've had for the past two days. I've taken all the Advil and Tylenol and drank water like a fish, nothing is working. It's seriously crazy making and making it harder to deal with my wee one's eagle like screeches.
  • ColeBug89 said:
    Ugh I feel everyone on the bleeding! I had my PP bleeding, had a few weeks break, got my period, then had an IUD put in and I've been bleeding pretty much ever since. I'm over it!
    I've attempted an IUD on 2 different occasions and had bleeding/spotting off and on for months. So annoying! 
  • I know it's Friday, but I just looked outside and this is what's going on here. Sure it's pretty, but I want to open the windows and go outside and not be cold.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 That was our situation earlier this week too. DD starts her 2 week spring break after school today and it just doesn't feel like spring. We had some crazy warm days in February but we are paying for it now:(
  • I want to bitch about nursing bras. I have a combination of unstructured sleep/home ones and underwire ones for truly getting dressed. I hate them all to varying degrees; none give me the support and shape I want! Wah :(
  • MommaBean said:
    I want to bitch about nursing bras. I have a combination of unstructured sleep/home ones and underwire ones for truly getting dressed. I hate them all to varying degrees; none give me the support and shape I want! Wah :(
    So much this! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)