Pregnant after a Loss

Weekend recap 3/13

Hi everyone! What did you do this weekend? Anyone needing to prepare for the North East blizzard? 

Re: Weekend recap 3/13

• I didn't do too much thats worth mentioning. My husband took our daughter out and about Saturday to give me time to relax. Of course I used that time to clean kitchen tile grout and not relax, but I feel good that the floors are clean and look good. Sunday was more of the same, chores and regular life stuff. 
    I live in FL so no blizzard for me, but I am looking forward to a cold front :) 
  • @Bok Bagok oh my word how did you get the floors clean? Don't tell me you knelt on hands and knees. Haha. I couldn't do that. 

I'm not in the path of the storm but we are going to have a blah week of 40s and rain. Ew. I hate cold and I'm so done with winter. I just want 70s now. 

The weekend was really busy for us. Friday night DH finished the painting in the nursery which allowed me to gather the baby things all over the house and shove them in there and clean the house in time for guests Saturday morning. It also snowed Saturday morning. Ew. But these guests brought their four small children, and the youngest one inaugurated the bassinet for us by napping in it. Haha. The other kids gave the dog a taste of what having little siblings will be like. She loved playing with them but reached her limit and hid under the end tables after awhile. lol. She crashed hard and napped for hours after. She has some adjustment coming to her. 

With the nursery ready (popcorn ceiling removed, ceiling patched and painted, fan installed, trim sanded and painted, doors sanded and painted, walls sanded, patched, and painted), we were able to set up the crib Sunday and also Saturday night we went down to ikea and bought the dresser. We'd never been to ikea so we did the whole experience. Showroom, restaurant, and all. Haha. So we made huge progress and I'm excited to wash sheets and clothes and get things settled. It makes things very real! Terrifying, but hopeful and exciting. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hgrich - yup, hands and knees scrubbing grout. I've been totally obsessed with the floors, but I did a big enough section that I feel good put my rags and tooth brush away for now :) Now I just go in there to admire them. 

You did have a busy weekend! I HATE popcorn ceilings. Whoever thought those were a good idea? That's great you were able to remove it. I bet it looks so much cleaner now. IKEA is so exciting the first few times you go. My husband loves the meatballs, I guess I do too! 
  • @HGRich that's awesome! Share some pictures if you can/want to!!!

With my DH in China this weekend was all about ME :) Went to pre-natal yoga and did some errands. Ordered in chinese food (ha!) Saturday night and crashed early. Ran some errands Sunday AM, met a friend for lunch and a pedicure and then snuggled with the pooch last night. Savored every minute of it. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @byrneme haha--I'll have to update when it's less of a mess and I've actually made some progress organizing. But for now, here's a couple. 

Your weekend sounds nice! I could go for Chinese. 

@Bok Bagok I enjoyed the meatballs too! 
  • @byrneme that sounds like a dream weekend to me!
  • @hgrich the pup is adorable!
  • @HGRich - looks great! Um, we might have dog twins!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme aww! Mine is half lab, half vizsla, female, two years old, and named Phoebe.  What is yours? 
  • He's a 2.5 year old mutt :) Lab (obviously) and they think shepherd/terrier. His name is Truman and he definitely has the energy of a terrier!!! We've thought about getting the genetics done, just for curiosity's sake, but never pulled the trigger.
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • They are twins! @byrneme I had that testing done on my little mutt. We knew for a fact she was 1/2 min pin (she was rescued from a hoarder when she was a few days old along with her sister and mother who was full min pin) but had no idea what the rest was. The results came back accurate that she was mostly min pin and to our surprise she didn't have any Poodle (the rescue folks saw a white male Poodle running around the property) in her but Pomeranian and Shetland Sheepdog. It was really fun getting the results! 
  • @byrneme that would be so cool to do! And mine has all the energy of a vizsla like yours does with the terrier side--really high strung and energetic. I sometimes wish the lab side would come out more. Haha.