September 2017 Moms
Options

Waaaake Up!

Good morning, ladies! 

You cant tell me the time change still has y'all in bed at this hour! :) How's your Monday looking? 
<><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
<><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
<><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
<><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>

Re: Waaaake Up!

• Options
    awildroseawildrose member
    edited March 2017
    It's the first day of Spring Break for us. After a minor freak out at 7:00AM that I was going to be late for work, I settled back into bed and am now watching cartoons with my kids. I love Spring Break. It's also my youngest's 4th birthday, and I'm all sorts of emotional about that. Why does she keep growing up?!

edit: spelling
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    We are all sick. Managed to cancel out that "spring forward" by going to bed crazy early anyway. I feel like ass but here I am at work because I have sooo much to do. We skipped DS' nap yesterday so he passed out at his new bedtime and woke up (begrudgingly) when I needed him to this morning so I'm calling that a win!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a meeting at 8:30, but after that my morning will probably be pretty slow. Nothing important is on my desk. This morning just felt like a Monday, ugh. DH spent all morning in the bathroom because of a stomach bug, and I got super dizzy making breakfast, so I had to sit down for about 5 minutes until the dots disappeared from my vision. Also, it's super cold and rainy. Just feels blah.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was most definitely still in bed lol, I was trying to sneak out of bed without waking DS up so I could pee! It's 7:30 now and DS and I are up eating breakfast and watching friends. Don't have anything planned for today, probably going to be yet another boring day. Le sigh.
  • Options
    @daniellelynette oh the joys of being a SAHM with a 14 month old. Lol I'm in the same boat. 
  • Options
    @daniellelynette oh the joys of being a SAHM with a 14 month old. Lol I'm in the same boat. 
    He was SO NAUGHTY yesterday... seriously I was ready to give him away lol. It's way too cold to play outside and we have nowhere else to go so we are home ALL DAY. One molar cut but he's got three more trying now  :| what do you even do to stay sane?!
  • Options
    Ohhh the dreaded spring forward has killed us at my house... my son took a nap late which was then really late b/c of the time change.  This resulted in a bed time of 1 am which results in a tired cranky mommy.   To make this week worse we are expecting 12-15+ inches of snow tomorrow which happens to be the day my NT scan and MaterniT21 tests are scheduled and that's likely to not happen.  Since the NT scan should be completed by 13w6d that means I only have until Friday to get a test rescheduled that took 3 weeks to be scheduled the first time around....
  • Options
    kelseyrayaykelseyrayay member
    edited March 2017
    Getting my NT testing done today! Sitting at the drs office now. Then I'm going to get cheesy potato soup! 
  • Options
    He was SO NAUGHTY yesterday... seriously I was ready to give him away lol. It's way too cold to play outside and we have nowhere else to go so we are home ALL DAY. One molar cut but he's got three more trying now  :| what do you even do to stay sane?!
    I take the batteries out of toys so they don't make noise incessantly hahah but really it's the same 4 walls day in and day out. There's really no place to go around here either. 
  • Options
    I take the batteries out of toys so they don't make noise incessantly hahah but really it's the same 4 walls day in and day out. There's really no place to go around here either. 
    Right now there are three toys singing songs and I've just accepted that fact. Lol. We don't even have any friends for play dates or anything. 
  • Options
    I finally have my first ob appt and NT scan today. Longest 12 weeks and 1 day of my life, lol

Nervous, but excited. Hoping for good news.
    I'm having my NT scan today too!! DH said that the knowledge that it's scan-day made it a lot easier for him to get up for work :smiley: 

Fingers crossed for luck!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Soo we switched mattresses around in our house as we need to replace ours in general. So we put the mattress from the guest room in our room, DH loves it. His back hasnt hurt etc. I on the other hand have been silently struggling. I told him the 1st morning after we switched that i didnt like it but I dont think he heard me over his joy. It has been 3 days, and i have been more and more uncomfortable so last night in tears i went to the couch. He freaked out worried and gave me a back massage and neck massage. He then massaged technically my butt, but it was to get the back of my hip where I have had on and off pain for a while...yeah I screamed and started bawling. He felt so bad. And we will be getting a mattress topper with memory foam asap. I like the "new" mattresss is firm but it's a ROCK needs some fluff on top.

Long story short I just woke up from the couch. Slept thru the night for the first time in a long while and actually feel pretty good. 
  • Options
    I'm on the struggle bus today. Leaving for work when it was dark made me cry a little inside. BUT at least I get to leave work in about 30 minutes for a Drs appointment. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Have you tried the old fashioned clove stick candies? Clove oil is a natural pain reliever and works great for teething kids. It was a life saver back when I babysat in college.
  • Options
    I was up reading a book until 2am and I had to be up at 6am for work. I knew it was a bad idea but I did it anyway.

Coffee and Tylenol is the only thing getting me through this day.  :D
    Must have been a good book to keep you up that long.  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Getting my NT testing done today! Sitting at the drs office now. Then I'm going to get cheesy potato soup
    that sounds delicious....I could go for that right now!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    @mrsmgsee It was really good! It was called The Diabolical and was at the last bit of it so I decided to finish it out lol. And by the time I finished it I laid in bed for an hour trying to figure out why it ended the way that it did! I am a book addict though. I will binge read stuff I'm not even that into just to finish out a series. 
  • Options
    Good morning/afternoon! I've been up for a while, but it's a lazy morning around here. DH doesn't go into work until 9:30 on Mondays, which is really nice most of the time, but it's really foggy here today, and neither DH or I have much pep today. I was also up late reading, but only until 11:30, and then I feel asleep, and I dropped my kindle on my face. :lol: There's no mark, but my nose is a little sore still. 

Nothing much planned of today here, just the usual: a few hours of writing and editing, and some house work. 

• Options
    @amandarene112 I have done the tablet to face drop so many times.  :D That's when I know it's time for bed!! Lol
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 Any good book recommendations? I have been looking for something new to read! 

• Options
    We moved to AZ from CA a year ago so luckily we don't have to worry about time changes anymore. My kids have two weeks off from preschool and today is day 1. I work full time from home - I'm about to rip my hair out. Also, this week is supposed to highs of 92F every day which I feel is like super early to be this hot. Funny how different parts of the country have different issues lol As my 5 year old once exclaimed "ugh, sun! Why are you so hot? We are the 3rd planet from the sun!" 
  • Options
    Time changed has sucked over here.  Sunday morning I felt so rushed to get out the door to my yoga class at 10.  Then just felt tired the rest of the day.  My son is usually in bed by 7:15 but nope not anymore because it is still light out.  He did not go to bed until 9 last night! Which means I was up late but at least I did not have to work until 9am this morning.
  • Options
    Today was rough. I want to be at home in bed but I need to finish up at work and then go home and cook. Ughhhh
  • Options
    Not the time change. Woke up feeling really sick. Sore throat. Mild fever. Stayed home so it doesn't get worse. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    I need updates!!!
    @LuckyPenny1231 and @mightymcqueen
    How did your NT scan go??

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @towntowns Of course!! What type of books do you enjoy reading? 
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 NT was great, thanks for asking!! Baby gave the doctor a hard time, but it was a great show for DH and me and the nuchal fold ended up measuring at 2.1 so I was happy with the appt.

Now DH and I *know* that we have good news to share when we visit our families on the 25th, so we're also getting pretty excited over our respective trips--he's going to India to break the news to his family, I'm going to San Diego to break the news to mine. It's gonna be the first grandchild for both our parents, so we decided we might as well tell them in person :smiley:
    telling people in person is so much fun. We did that with DD and plan to do it with this one as well. Nowhere near the first grandchild, but I know our parents are going to be super excited.
  • Options
    I need updates!!!
    @LuckyPenny1231 and @mightymcqueen
    How did your NT scan go??
    There was a healthy heartbeat, but the fold measured 2.9 and the tech seemed slightly worried because it's on the very high end of normal for 12 weeks. I had my blood drawn and will know more once those results get back I guess. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited March 2017
    @LuckyPenny1231 All the fx for you!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231 Wish you lots of luck!!  <3

@sarahufl We're both really looking forward to seeing our families' reactions :smiley: Of course, it would've been great if we could have visited both of our families together, but I can't go to India right now since I can't take the malaria pills :frowning: Oh well, it is what it is. At least DH doesn't have to act as a translator during this trip 
    BabyFetus Ticker