March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 3/13

2»

Re: Randoms! 3/13

• @BaylieGirl I wasn't even well enough to be out of the hospital at that point, much less to be able to take care of a baby by myself.  And 4-5 days past due date is a totally reasonable time to deliver, so he could end up missing the birth.  
  • SienaC said:
    @BaylieGirl That would be a hard no from me if my DH wanted to plan a trip that close to my due date.  You could still be pregnant at that time and he might miss the baby's birth!
    I'm with Siena on this. I vetoed a trip for DH across country for this week. I guess since I'm still pregnant he could have made it there and back, but I didn't want to risk him missing the birth. The first few days PP at home is super hard regardless of delivery type. I work in a very intense industry and even the senior most male executives point blank refuse to travel in the weeks around their wife's due dates.  Could he possibly call in for the meeting?
  • Loading the player...
  • @BaylieGirl I would not be ok with him traveling on that date. You will have either recently had a baby and shouldn't be on your own or you might not have even had the baby yet. He needs to be there for bonding too.

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @BaylieGirl I would put my foot down and say no. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why are diaper sizes not universal? Honest Company diapers, for which we recieved hundreds of size 1s, well there's no way they are going to fit the chareb that long.  The tummy is much smaller than Pampers, the leg openings as well.  Not even sure I can return these.  Oh well.
  • speaking of diapers I have soooooo many teeny tiny diapers and am estimated to be growing a giant baby. Is there a good place to donate the diapers that don't fit him? I'm going to wait to see what his actual size is before getting rid of anything but I have so many from my shower and I am not sure what to do with them.  

If he's 9 or 10lbs he won't even fit in newborn clothes, right? 

• I no longer remember what it is like to not have to pee every 15 minutes! Tonight I walked out of the laundry room to use the bathroom and then walked upstairs to put the laundry away and already had to pee again by the time I got to our bedroom... even though it had been less than 5 minutes!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• jenny0228 said:
    speaking of diapers I have soooooo many teeny tiny diapers and am estimated to be growing a giant baby. Is there a good place to donate the diapers that don't fit him? I'm going to wait to see what his actual size is before getting rid of anything but I have so many from my shower and I am not sure what to do with them.  

------------
    If the packages are unopened, you should be able to exchange them for a different size. Otherwise, you could check with a local women's shelter to see if they'd take them.

Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• RunBooRun said:

jenny0228 said:
    speaking of diapers I have soooooo many teeny tiny diapers and am estimated to be growing a giant baby. Is there a good place to donate the diapers that don't fit him? I'm going to wait to see what his actual size is before getting rid of anything but I have so many from my shower and I am not sure what to do with them.  

------------
    If the packages are unopened, you should be able to exchange them for a different size. Otherwise, you could check with a local women's shelter to see if they'd take them.

This!! Walmart, target... usually takes diaper returns with no questions asked as long as they have the brand
  • whelp, first day alone and DS woke up with a diaper disaster. it wasn't even a blow out it was like Chernobyl! The inside of his diaper basically dissolved and oozed everywhere! it stained the mattress cover.. so obviously had to give him a bath while DD is upset bc its time for her 3rd breakfast ... how did my mom ever do it with 3?!?
    i keep asking the same thing! I'm one of 4--how!? Haha. And my mom was one of NINE. My poor grandma. 

Hope your day turns around!
  • whelp, first day alone and DS woke up with a diaper disaster. it wasn't even a blow out it was like Chernobyl! The inside of his diaper basically dissolved and oozed everywhere! it stained the mattress cover.. so obviously had to give him a bath while DD is upset bc its time for her 3rd breakfast ... how did my mom ever do it with 3?!?
    Hehe. Glad to hear my son isn't the only one. We actually started calling his 8am meal "second breakfast" and use it offhandedly now like it's a normal thing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • my 9 pounder, wore 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers from day 1
  • @jenny0228 I took newborn diapers to store where I was registered and upgraded the size. Had no problems at Babies RUs.
  • @jenny0228 my now 9lb baby still swims in 0-3mo clothing but started out as a sz 1 diaper.  However she's mainly in shirts w/built in mittens & a swaddle with no pants.  Pants or footies are a rarity.
  • @serenity13 so far I like the ease of putting those on versus trying to get the pad and mesh undies on but they take up so much more room in the trash can lol
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @silverbulletband sorry things didn't progress-I hated how bowel movements always seemed so close to labor signs! The. Worst! Hopefully the next time is the real thing and not a false alarm!!
  • @kjd291 thanks girl! We're requesting that she come during the afternoon so no one has to deal with middle of the night panics again haha! I hope your baby does well with her bath! :) bathtime is my favorite thing with a newborn besides cuddles 
  • We wrapped baby in a towel in the tub this time and then put water in the tub after she was in it. She definitely was a lot more chill, only cried at the end. Nursed afterwards and now she's passed out, happy as a clam! 
  • @Spartanrd4 that's exactly how I do baths and baby is always chill