Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-In: March 13

pdbirdpdbird member
edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: As you prep for baby's arrival, what is one piece of advice you've heard that you've either really appreciated, or just found interesting/amusing? (i.e. sleep when the baby sleeps, etc.) 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@kfras EDD 3/15/17 with a little boy
@pdbird EDD 3/22/17 with a little boy
@Happydays13 EDD 4/5/17 with 2 girls
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with a little girl
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with a little boy
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with a little boy
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with a little boy
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with a little girl
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with a little surprise bean
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17 with little boy
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with a little girl
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with a little boy
@pnw12rn EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@cato99 EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@kelrauh EDD 5/9/17 with boy/girl twins
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with a little girl
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with a little girl

Congratulations to @yelllow22 this past week who had her baby girl!

Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-In: March 13

• pdbirdpdbird member
    edited March 2017
    Big thank to @teriulbricht for taking over the leadership of the 3rd Tri board. This week is my last posting as leader as next week, I have my scheduled c-section.

Update for me . . . I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. Went to doc last Friday and still no dilation or effacement. I just picture a mini rock climber inside me latching each limb to the walls of my uterus refusing to come out. ;)

I have my pre-op appointment this week. Baby room is done (thank god, it took forever!), but now I've been really emotional about bringing in another little person into our family after having my DS for 6 years as an only child. I can't shake the tears thinking this is my last week of having him be an only child and knowing the adjustments we are all going to have to make as this new little man enters the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but just tearful that this chapter in my first DS's life of being an only child is coming to an end. I just hope with all my research and communication with my DS, he will adjust and take the changes in good stride. I'm relying on my DH to really step up and help out with the attention of our first DS.

QOTW: The advice I've been receiving is with the sibling thing. The advice was that my 6 yr old will remember if I say, "Hold on, I need to take care of your brother's diaper really quick", but the baby won't know the difference if you let him sit in that wet diaper for 2 more minutes so you can finish providing the full attention to my 6 yr old. Pretty much the advice was, think of the repercussions of my decision making so I don't create resentment between the boys.
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Good morning! I'm excited to join the 3rd tri board this week :) I'm 28 weeks, 2 days with a baby girl, due June 3rd. She is the product of our first FET, and we are beyond thrilled. I really can't believe I'm in the 3rd trimester now. Feels completely surreal. Our baby shower was over the weekend (it was co-ed) and it was amazing. We got so many wonderful gifts from friends and family for the baby and it was so nice seeing everyone. I shared this in last week's 2nd tri check-in, but here's our cake. It was so sad cutting into it!

QOTW: The best advice I think I've gotten was to be a little strict with the visitors after the baby is born. Friends have told me to only allow visitors who are willing to either cook or bring food, and clean up their mess! We've been entertaining for the last week as my mom, grandmother, and friend flew in for the shower, and the amount of extra work it has been having more people in the house has been exhausting, so it has really opened my eyes to the whole visitor thing after the baby is here!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - Welcome and congrats! I've added you into the above list. Love the cake. Wow, it looks amazing. I'd be afraid to cut into it as well.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @wifeinraleigh28 Hiii!! Welcome to 3rd Tri! Love the cake - so pretty!!

@pdbird last week!! That's crazy! I heard a cute piece of advice for additional siblings coming into the world - give the older siblings a present to give the baby when he arrives (and/or a present from baby for them)! That way they are looking forward to something and won't resent baby's arrival. Idk if it works, but sounded sweet to me. At 6, he might be old enough to be excited instead of jealous. My bro was 7 (almost 8) when I was born and he was SO EXCITED to have a playmate. All my baby pics are with him holding me. Hoping you have a similar experience w/ your LOs! GOOD LUCK - you'll be in my prayers!

AFM - had my THIRD baby shower this weekend! It was co-ed and the most fun out of all of them! It was nice to have more of a party atmosphere than a sit-and-sip-tea-while-staring-at-the-pregnant-woman event LOL. The weather was awesome too, which was GREAT bc everyone just kind of congregated outside - very casual! We received TWO car seats (one convertible, one infant travel system), so we are SET! The only thing we are missing is a humidifier and white noise machine... and we still have ONE MORE shower to go. Looks like we are going to come out of this in pretty good shape :).

QOTW - best piece of advice... hmm... I can think of a lot of not-so-great advice lol. I guess the best would be to read about baby sleep patterns BEFORE arrival. Afterwards, you will struggle to find time. So I'm reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Baby" and "Happiest Baby on the Block" - taking what I like from both and mixing them into my own special blend. We'll see how that works out LOL. The first is more informational about how much sleep babies need and when their naps should be (after newborn stage), while the second is a how-to comfort baby and deal with colic. I have enjoyed both.
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @wifeinraleigh28 welcome! I hear you on the visitors. My family is local but I told dh his parents are not invited to sleep over for two months. No matter how helpful someone may be I like my house the way i like it and don't expect others to know how to keep it that way. 

@pdbird can't believe you have one week left! How exciting!!

@babylonghorn16 yay to another shower and getting both car seats! It's such a relief to have those big ticket items bought. 

Afm 36 weeks tomorrow. I had my first cervix check on Friday which caused very minor spotting and then today it came back ever so slightly. I freaked and called my ob but he said just drink lots of water and put my feet up. Easier said than done when I have a 2 HR commute via public transportation home today. Thankfully today is my last day making this commute! 

Qotw: I've gotten tons of advice from my sister and cousins all with multiples under 4. Funniest was don't forget about wine, just make sure you don't accidentally give it to the baby. Best was change baby into new clothes for day and night every day. It'll help set a routine and distinguish day from night for the baby. 
  • @pdbird Wow, it's amazing how close you are getting! So exciting! Can't wait to see a pic of your little boy!

@babylonghorn16 Wow, 4 showers?! That's amazing! I/we only had one but it was a good one at least! I definitely prefer the co-ed thing and being able to celebrate along with DH and his friends too. Traditional showers kind of bore me! Haha.

• @wifeinraleigh28 yes, 4 showers!! I don't mean to complain, but I'M OVER IT lol. I appreciate all the love and gifts, but opening presents in front of everyone is SO AWKWARD. Our next one is at work (co-ed), so hubby gets to share in the awkwardness again... yay! In all seriousness, we are very lucky and grateful - but kinda jealous of your one, badass shower :):)
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @ale9687 I must have missed your post before! I am exactly the same way with visitors. DH and I are very particular about how we keep our house too. It's been hard dealing with random crap all over the house and things out of place. And I feel like I've been constantly loading and unloading the dishwasher on a daily basis. Once baby is here... no thanks! So glad to hear that today was your last day commuting! Are you starting your maternity leave or will you be working from home until the baby comes? Love your advice about changing clothes daily... that sounds like just my thing being that I'm a creature of habit/routine!

@babylonghorn16 It is SO awkward opening gifts in front of people! When I opened the breast pump that my SIL got me I made a huge deal of it (which is how I usually handle awkwardness). I was like, "Hey look everyone, it's a breast pump!!!" and made sure everyone could see it, haha. I then thanked her profusely for buying me something so essential that no one ever buys for a baby shower. I was so grateful!

• @babylonghorn16 - That's great that you will be set! Save eerything for the next kid! ;)

My DS got a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal (picked out all by himself) from our trip to Disneyland last fall. He also made a birthday card that says, "Happy Birthday little brother" (some of the b's are backwards which makes it even cuter). He wrapped it and it is currently sitting in the crib. I plan on getting something for my DS from his new brother, but slacking on it. I better get on it! He has been begging for a Warriors Steph Curry jersey for ages, so I may just get him that. My parents are getting him a Lego set, so I think my DS will think it's his birthday too. Not the message I really wanted to send especially since we talked about how this is his new brother's birthday, just like he has his own in October. But I'm sure it will be fine. He's looking forward to opening his brother's gifts at the hospital he said.

After reading my initial post I realized I was really hormonal and weepy last night. Now I'm back to my normal self and I'm like, "I got this." Hahaha.

@ale9687 - I feel you on the commute. My last day of my commute was last week. I told them I was not coming up this week as I was too nervous if something happened, I'd be too far from the hospital. Then I told our office manager that he would be taking me to the hospital in a company paid Uber if something happened, and he was all for it. Hahaha. Glad you are done going into the office. Just in time before that storm hits back east!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird one more week -yay! I am sure your son is going to be happy in his role as big brother and sounds like you have already worked to prepare him!

Welcome  to the third trimester @wifeinraleigh28 and congrats on the successful shower- I love the cake! Our nursery theme was owls and my friends got us this cake like yours with a fondant owl on top- just too beautiful to want to cut into it! 

@babylonghorn16 four showers!!! I can't imagine! It's great that you have got almost everything you need....although you did remind me that I never registered for and meant to get a humidifier! DH had a surprise shower from his co-workers today- he was surprised and confused why he was having a shower (I think it was awesome and wish I could have seen his face when they sprung it on him....not his type of thing!) but he was really touched that his co-workers thought to do it:)

@ale9687 congrats on your last commute!!!

QOTW: As a practical bit of advice, I have had several moms tell me to get zippered not button pjs so when doing night feedings it is easier to get diaper changed rather than trying to snap buttons at 3am !

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @2legbaby yes to the zipper nighties! Some actually zipper from the neck to the foot, how smart. Also I've stocked up on sleep gowns to avoid the buttons. 

@wifeinraleigh28 everything about opening gifts at showers are so awkward haha. I love your excitement over the breast pump. 

@pdbird commuting probably would have been my trigger to put me in labour. No thanks!

i'll be working from home until I go to the hospital. I only get paid 6 weeks of my 12 on maternity leave so I'm saving up all of them for post-birth. My couch is going to be my best friend for the next few weeks. 
  • Hi everyone!

We are at 29 weeks and 1 day today! Nothing too exciting happening here. I am now almost 7 weeks on hospital bed rest. I have been having contractions every morning for the past 3 days but I guess it is the new normal until they dont go away or cause a lot of pain. The talk is for me to go home on bed rest a week from tomorrow, but we will see. My baby shower will be Sunday, we had to combine 2 showers so we will have roughly 60 people here (at the hospital). I am so nervous to go home in a week, but I also miss it so much. I never thought I would make it to this point let alone them sending me home. 

QOTW: I haven't gotten too much advice. I am a twin myself so I get advice from my mom on things that I may need. Other than that people seem to avoid giving advice to the woman sitting in a hospital bed who will most likely have preemies. 

@wifeinraleigh28 - I am so happy you made it to the 3rd trimester. Your cake looked so cute. I am glad you had a great shower!

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @pdbird good to hear that the baby room is done! I'm aching to finish mine. Another thought on the whole sibling thing.. did you see that Pink (the singer) had a big sister party for her eldest? I thought that was a really cute idea. And the advice you've been given, I reckon that's a good thing to keep in mind! That card sounds so cute!

@wifeinraleigh28 welcome to the third tri board! I love that cake! And the cookies, what a great idea! My cake (which I'll put a picture up in my next post) was so nice that I also didn't want to cut into it, luckily my sister (who made the cake) did all the cutting! That's also a great piece of advice, I'm going to have my SIL staying here for over a week (she currently lives in London) so I'm hoping that she'll be a bit helpful with the cleaning etc. Although if it gets too much having someone here full time, my parents live just up the road so I'm sure they'd be happy to have her stay there (plus she'd probably get so much more sleep haha)

@babylonghorn16 so good that you've pretty much received everything you need! My shower was also this weekend, but I got maybe 4 things from my registry and just a whole bunch of clothes. I figured that was going to happen so I really hadn't bought many clothes and all the big ticket items were either 2nd hand from friends or bought by us. Although, now I have to go out and purchase all the other little things we had on our registry. Not that I'm complaining or ungrateful... Someone on these boards recommended "Happiest baby on the block" to me, and I've just received my copy and looking forward to reading it.

@ale9687 sorry to hear about the spotting episodes, hopefully it's nothing to worry about and you can enjoy these last weeks. Yay! for no more commuting! I love both pieces of advice! Definitely don't forget wine hehe

@2legbaby I love that your DH had a surprise shower! That's so sweet of his co-workers! Funny, I've heard the opposite advice, that buttons are better than zip because you only have to undo the legs etc to change nappy and most new borns hate being naked. Although if they zip from the feet up it wouldn't be so bad. Having said that I've been given so many zip onesies 

@kelrauh yay to making it through another week! Those LOs are champions! Have the contractions just been through the morning, or all day? Hoping that the LOs stay put until after your shower at least, and hopefully till next week so you can head on home. Has anyone set up the nursery for you?
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

• Sorry my posts are so long! By the time I wake up most of you have already posted so there is a lot to catch up on!

AFM - I had my shower on the weekend, my sister made the most amazing cake and I had such a great time. Everyone that I invited have been so supportive throughout this journey so it was so nice to celebrate this with them.
    QOTW - I don't know if I've actually been given any advice that's really stuck with me, but I'm loving all the bits of advice you ladies have been posting!

**TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

• @teriulbricht your sister made that cake? It looks so good, is she a professional baker?
  • @teriulbricht - I love that cake!!!!

My contractions normally go on for a few hours about 8 minutes apart then stop. They come back for an hour or so on occasion in the evening but no one here is concerned. They say as long as they don't feel strong and closer then theres nothing to worry about. My doctor said she expects it at this point with having no cervix and twins. 

The nursery is where it was when I came in 7 weeks ago. DH surprised me by painting and setting up the cribs 2 days before I came in. We were planning on a lot of nicu time after I recovered from a c-section so I could do it. But these babies have defied all of the odds and have changed those plans. My hope is after my shower if I go home I can have the carpet installed and then direct people on decorations. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @teriulbricht I'm so impressed by your sister's cake skills! Wow! It looks professionally made :)

@kelrauh Beyond thrilled to hear that those babies are still cooking and that you're doing well. How wonderful to be able to go home soon. Sounds like you're pretty stable or they wouldn't allow it! I really can't imagine being in the hospital for 7 weeks like that. My heart goes out to you strong lady! I hope you have a fantastic shower next week!

• edited March 2017
    @teriulbricht that's the big plus with us not knowing the sex - deters ppl from buying us clothes! muahahah! That being said we still have WAY too much clothing (mostly hand-me-downs). This kid is going to be well dressed! I'm glad you've heard good things about "Happiest Baby on the Block" too! Oh, and that cake looks AMAZING!

@kelrauh great to hear from you! Glad those babies are holding on! Good luck with nursery, but try not to stress too much about it. The babies won't be too picky ;)!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • edited March 2017
    @2legbaby so funny - coworkers did same thing for my hubby. I was at the other office and couldn't attend, so they took a pic of just him w/ a tiny cake that says "congratulations"... made me laugh so hard LOL.

@wifeinraleigh28 Sounds like you handled the awkwardness perfectly! Always so relieved once that part is over. That's awesome you got a breast pump!! My SIL gave me hers... but no instructions or anything. It looks very confusing and I'm intimidated by it lol. Luckily our hospital offers breastfeeding classes, so I'm attending one on Thurs. Hopefully they go over breast pumps!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 Check with your hospital! When we did our hospital tour about a week ago they told us to bring our breast pumps so that the lactation consultant can help us with it and make sure we know how to use it before we go home, which I very much appreciate! Last resort though, I imagine there are ways to look it up online :)

• Wow! So great to see the picture of the cakes. They look awesome. Makes me want a piece right now! ;)

As for the zippered PJ thing, they do help in the middle of the night (just make sure you don't catch on any skin, yikes!). I am using gowns for the first few weeks. They were a god send when I received this piece of advice from my mom for my first son. I would put him in a onesie and then the gown. Then in the middle of the night, I didn't have to worry about zippers or snaps. I loved them so much, I bought more for this little guy.

@kelrauh  - You are quite the trooper. I don't think I could handle being in the hospital as long as you have been. I go stir crazy after 4 days, I can't imagine the tru grit you have. You are going to be a super mom after this!

@babylonghorn16 and @wifeinraleigh28 - If you play dumb in the hospital and tell the nurses or lactation consultant, "I'd like to see what it's like to pump so I have an idea when I go home" they should bring you all the accessories and a hospital grade pump to try. Then they will give you the accessories to bring home with you and you can use them on your pump you got. I did that with my first son and it was helpful. Plus, I got to bring home all the tubes and stuff cause they can't re-use them on someone else. Just a thought. Worked for me, but not sure if it will work elsewhere. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ale9687 @kelrauh @wifeinraleigh28 @pdbird @babylonghorn16 thanks! She's not a professional baker but has been doing a few cakes for family and friends over the years. She has done a couple of cake courses also. Did I mention how amazing it tasted? Caramel mudcake mmmmm

@kelrauh these babies have defied all odds! I hope you get plenty of time to delegate tasks for the nursery. Have you an idea of what you want? I've spent a bit of time on pinterest looking at all different kinds of themes etc.. it's very dangerous haha

@babylonghorn16 so true, I reckon I would have got a lot less clothing if I didn't know the gender.. although I always had to know, too impatient hehe. I think for one of my pregnancies I might try team green.

@pdbird its going to be winter over here so LO will have a few layers overnight (no central heating) and that will include one of those sleeping bags, similar to a gown. 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited March 2017
    @teriulbricht - Yes I have it all planned.. We are doing an "up up and away" theme. The girls side will be focused on hot air balloons and the boys side will be planes. We are hanging planes that DH and his dad made when he was little and my mom is making the hot air balloons to hang. I have also made bunting to string from one side of the room to the other. I am making them quilts but I only got about 50% done so that will be one of my first tasks when they are born and I recover. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Hi, all.  I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow, and it feels like time is moving so quickly!  We had our 32 week check on Monday, and all was well.  I need to schedule one more grown US for either 34 or 36 weeks (OB says either is fine), but that's it for specialty appointments.  I'm going in every 2 weeks up until 36, then weekly.  We did get our C section scheduled--we knew it would be May 8th, but now we have a time (1230) and more info on what to expect.

I'm finally making progress on the baby room.  We bought a dresser off Craigslist and I'm ModPodging map paper onto the knobs to tie it into our travel/map theme.  And, I'm finally able to wash and put away all the baby clothes so they aren't all just stacked in the crib anymore.  

We've gotten a ton of diapers from a friend who had their first baby in late November and greatly miscalculated the number of diapers they would need (baby grew out of the size N, 1 and 2s), so we're set there!  All the size 2 diapers are from a massive diaper cake at their shower, so they're wrapped up and I have them all piled into a huge wicker basket.  We're planning to use cloth diapers, so we probably won't be buying any disposables at all, other than what we'll need for when baby heads to daycare.

Nothing exciting planned for me this week.  I'm having my first baby shower next weekend--I'll need to fly out of town (just a 45 minute flight to Central Oregon where most of my family lives), and I'm really excited to see everyone.  I know nothing about the shower itself (my sisters are planning it) and am excited to see what they end up doing.  I do know that my sister's friend, who is a professional henna artist, is going to henna my belly that evening after the shower.  That should be cool.  A few years ago when I was bald from chemo, I went down for a visit and had a 'ladies night' get together with all the women in my family for a henna party and I had a henna crown done, which was beautiful.  It will be nice to come full circle, so to speak, and get henna'd for a 'healthy' condition, rather than a 'sick' one.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @kelrauh that sounds like a great theme! Go you, making quilts for them also. I'm hoping my Grandmother is making a quilt for this little one, it's a bit of a tradition.

@PNW12RN after my shower, washing and sorting all the new clothes is next on my list. Hopefully this weekend we will finally get around to setting up the furniture in the nursery, I'm starting to get anxious about not having it done. How nice that your shower is back home and you'll get to catch up with everyone. That was the part I loved the most about my shower, having my "people" around to catch up with. 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• 2legbaby2legbaby member
    edited March 2017
    @kelrauh so glad that you and those little ones have defied the odds. Your Nursery theme sounds awesome I bet it will turn out amazing!

@teriulbricht your sister has some serious talent and the fact that it tasted delicious is even better!

@PNW12RN score on the diapers! Also glad you are getting a "happy" henna tattoo ☺
    Our nursery set came in last weekend but in my crazy nesting phase I have insisted we get all our carpets cleaned before we set it up ...but I am so excited to have drawers to put stuff in finally LOL this weekend!

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @PNW12RN beautiful! Funny how much life changes in just a few years. Happy for you and your family!

@kelrauh theme sounds amazing!! Sounds like you have a good team helping you out. Post pics when done!!

@pdbird thanks for the tip!

@wifeinraleigh28 I need to check to see if they want us to bring pump. That sure would be helpful! Question: did your hubby feel like the lactation visit was helpful for him to attend?

This BF class is 3 hours long after work tomorrow, and I'm wondering if I should guilt my guy into going or not. He's been working until 10pm every night for the last 2 weeks trying to meet a deadline, so I'm leaning towards no... but feedback would be appreciated!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @teriulbricht team green is so fun! I love surprises! It does suck a little whenever I see REALLY cute girl or boy clothes that I want to buy... but ultimately it has helped us save $$$  :D
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • edited March 2017
    QOTW: Honestly, I've appreciated anyone's advice that's not intimidating or scary. I don't know about all of you, but a lot of people just talk about how exhausting babies/kids are to the point it becomes scary or as if they are complaining. I understand it's work, and there will be challenging days...but I'm a big advocate of a positive attitude. Secondly, I don't like when people openly/casually complain about motherhood or their kids a lot because as someone who went through IF, I asked for this and longed for this for so long. So even if I have feelings of frustration, I think I'll feel guilty and phone a friend or my mom privately, not scare future pregnant moms or complain on Facebook. So answer to the question, I've appreciated the mothers who have a positive outlook on motherhood. Ones that motivate and welcome me not try to scare me off with things like "savor your last few days of independence" (true story). That's the advice I've appreciated the most. 
    Me 30 Hubby 32
    TTC#1
    1.) IUI Cycle 1 April 2015- 50mg clomid days 5-9, U/S cycle day 12 at 9:30am showed two follicles (17mm and 19mm), Ovidrel trigger shot cycle day 13 at 9:30pm, IUI cycle day 15 at 10:30 am. BFN
    2.) IUI Cycle 2 May 2015-50mg clomid days 5-9, U/S cycle day 12 at 3:30pm showed three follicles!!! (17mm, 20mm and 22mm), Ovidrel trigger shot cycle day 13 at 9:30pm, IUI cycle day 15 at 10:30 am. BFN
    3.) IUI Cycle 3 June 2015-50mg clomid days 5-9, U/S cycle day 12 showed one follicle, Ovidrel trigger shot cycle day 13 at 9:30pm, IUI cycle day 15 at 10:30 am. BFN
    Month break and switched RE's.
    4.) IUI Cycle 4 July 2015-5mg letrozole/femara days 3-7, U/S day 12 showed one follicle (18mm), Ovidrel trigger shot cycle day 12 10:00pm, IUI cycle day 14 10:30 am. BFN
    5.) IUI Cycle 5 August 2015-100mg clomid days 3-7, U/S day 12 showed 2 follicles (18mm each), Ovidrel trigger shot cycle day 12 10:00pm, IUI cycle day 14 10:30 am. BFN
    Taking a break and trying acupuncture before continuing another 3 IUI/clomid cycles. I also went back to my original RE; because of my age and normal tests, RE wants to try another 3 IUI and Clomid cycles before considering injectables or IVF. 
    6.) IUI Cycle 6 October 2015-100mg clomid days 3-7, U/S day 12 showed 3 follicles!!!( 18mm, 19mm, and 20mm), Ovidrel trigger shot cycle day 13 at 9:30pm, IUI cycle day 15 at 9:30 am. Did acupuncture with this cycle too. BFN
    Took a break and ttc naturally
    7.) IUI Cycle 7 February 2016-100mg clomid days 3-7, U/S day 12 showed 2 follicles (22mm and 24mm), Ovidrel trigger shot day 12 at 9:00pm, IUI cycle day 14 at 10:00am. BFN
    Meeting scheduled for 2/29/2016 to discuss iui with injectables vs. IVF
    8.) IUI Cycle 8 March 2016-Injectables (Gonal F), U/S showed 2 mature follicles, Ovidrel Trigger BFN
    April-May I lost my mind.
    IVF#1 July 2016-Transferred 2 fair blasts. 9dp5dt BFP 129 BETA, 13dp5dt 944 BETA, 20dp5dpt 8776 BETA, 8/19/2016-1 beautiful heartbeat  of 100 BPM at 6 weeks 1 day! Growing baby grow!! 8/25/2016-another ultrasound at 7 weeks and baby has a heart beat of 129 BPM and is 10mm/1cm! Grow baby grow some more!! Graduated from RE at 10 weeks and had ObGyn appointment at 13 weeks. It's a girl (found out via panorama test)  EDD 4/13/2017

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @kelrauh @PNW12RN I love both your nursery themes! Please post pictures as everything comes together! Our nursery is pretty much finished at this point, just need to add some decor items to the walls and get the glider in (it's been over 2 months since we ordered it and still no word from buy buy baby on when it should come in... starting to get annoyed by that).

@babylonghorn16 We haven't had a lactation visit or breastfeeding class yet but we're signed up for one. I definitely want DH there though because he's much better at retaining information than I am! Let me know how your class is. BF'ing seems extremely complicated to me and I have anxiety about it!

• @2legbaby  My husband has decided to clean our carpets this weekend.  I feel like it might be better to wait until closer to birth day, but who am I to stop him from making the house look nice!  We have wood upstairs/carpet downstairs, plus a few bedrooms with carpet in them.  Everything always looks so much nicer when the carpets get cleaned!
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited March 2017
    @wifeinraleigh28 - thanks! I hope the nursery out how I am picturing it. I also have anxiety about BF. It was one of my big stressors until I got admitted. The nicu team said if a baby is born before 32 weeks they will only feed them breast milk, so in my mind there was no option but to pump. Now that we are inching toward 32 weeks and them being here I'm getting more anxious about it. I'm sure once I get the hang of it or know more will feel better. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @kelrauh I'm glad I'm not the only one with BF anxiety! I keep reminding myself that there will be help for me if I need it. And if other ladies can figure it out I'm sure I can too. It seems odd to me though that something as natural as BF can be so complicated!

• ARB425ARB425 member
    edited March 2017
    *lurking from 2nd trimester 

@kelrauh @wifeinraleigh28 I think a lot of people have breastfeeding anxiety and sometimes we let others opinions influence how we feel about it. I've had many friends/ family members who "toughed through it"  and others who said it was miserable. I keep reminding myself that it's natural and that women have been successful with it for thousands of years. I truely believe that getting through the mental part of it is 75% of the battle. Many hospitals have weekly breastfeeding groups with lactation consultants who can give tips and also weigh the baby if you are concerned. I'm signed up for a breastfeeding class that my hubby will be coming with me to because I'm going to need his support. Plus I found an awesome pump to bottle system that will make pumping at work a lot easier. It is called kiinde twist. Basically you pump directly into the bag and then attach the bag to the bottle/nipple and you are ready to feed. No risk of cross contamination, spilling the milk and it reduces air bubbles. I'm sort of obsessed with this little system because I just feel like it is genius.

• teebricteebric member
    edited March 2017
    @kelrauh and @wifeinraleigh28 I'm sorry you're feeling anxious about breastfeeding! Hopefully these classes will help. I'm the type of person who doesn't worry about something before it happens but I'll get really stressed in the moment, so at the moment I'm really feeling calm about the whole birthing process as well as bf but if I start having complications I'm likely to have a meltdown and lose my mind.. haha. I think the first couple of weeks of newborn life are going to be "interesting". I'm also on the hunt for a good breastfeeding book, I know that theory can't necessarily prepare me for the practical side of it but at least it might give me some idea of what to expect and some "troubleshooting" ideas

ETA @ARB425 I think you're right, I think often we only hear the struggles that people had and they tend to play on our minds 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @ARB425 Thank you. I just checked and our bf class is on May 16th. That's only about a week and a half before I'll be induced but hopefully that means everything will be fresh on my mind!

DH and I are also thinking of hiring a doula, but we're just weighing options right now. Does anyone know if doulas provide bf support?

• @wifeinraleigh28 @ARB425 @kelrauh @teriulbricht I too have heard complaints from a lot of women about bfing. My mom is not one of them though. She loved it and doesn't understand why I need a class on it! She said the baby just knows what to do! ...Her babies must've been really smart ;) lol. So idk what to expect AT ALL. I'm more intimidated by the pump and gear that goes along w/ bfing. Honestly I think that's why bfing has become so complex nowadays...  so many gadgets!! I think that once I'm comfortable with all of that, and have a general idea of what to do, I'll be fine. I'll let y'all know how the class goes tonight!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 Oh the pumps! Seriously. Way to make things so complex! I guess before the invention of the breast pump women were required to not work as long as they were breastfeeding, haha. Yes, let us know how your class goes tonight!

• pdbirdpdbird member
    edited March 2017
    @kelrauh @wifeinraleigh28 @babylonghorn16 - I enjoyed BFing my first son. It gave me time to spend with him solely (especially in the middle of the night). It was a connection thing and I talked to him and sang soft songs while nursing. He knew what to do naturally, I just guided him every once in awhile when he got off course. The big thing I can pass on to all of you ladies is, if you stress out about it or exude anxiety about nursing, they sense it and tense up themselves. Then the milk doesn't "let down" and you get a fussy baby. It's like being around an animal. Relax, don't make a big deal about it, and just breathe. It's not as scary as you think and pumping shouldn't hurt (unless you're really flat chested ;)). The only time BF hurt was when my son got his first tooth and bit me (which he didn't know that was wrong to do). I promptly corrected him and talked to him during nursing and said he couldn't do that and he stopped. That was at around 8 months old. Most babies get their first tooth around 4-6 months.

It's like riding a bike, the more you do it, the more comfortable it will get and you won't stress about it.

Oh and one final note, right after you have the baby, the nurse will come in and just slap that baby's mouth on your breast. They walk you through the nursing thing right away. Then a lactation consultant will come by and check on and answer questions, show you different ways to nurse, make sure you're comfortable, etc. I took a BF class the first time around and everything went out the window right when I had my DS. The lactation consultant was super helpful and I felt reassured.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @pdbird thank you for that! Very reassuring! I'm excited to breastfeed... probably going a little overboard with this class, but I figure that's acceptable with your first :)! I kind of guilted my hubby into coming with me tonight. Hope that wasn't a mistake. I've heard mixed reviews about whether SOs should attend or not. I guess we shall see!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP