Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone in an apartment(specifically not first floor)?

I am looking for any helpful advice on apartment living with baby on *gulp* the third floor of an apartment. Specifically, i get nervous taking him up and down the stairs. They're located outside (like most apartments I know of), so they are frequently wet and are concrete not carpeted like would be inside. I typically buckle him into the carseat, but was thinking of using wrap or harness, in order to also carry stroller to then push him around the complex in. Any thoughts? Other options would be to store the stroller in the car, but then I risk it being broken into. 

Re: Anyone in an apartment(specifically not first floor)?

• Options
    kmhoman12 said:
    I am looking for any helpful advice on apartment living with baby on *gulp* the third floor of an apartment. Specifically, i get nervous taking him up and down the stairs. They're located outside (like most apartments I know of), so they are frequently wet and are concrete not carpeted like would be inside. I typically buckle him into the carseat, but was thinking of using wrap or harness, in order to also carry stroller to then push him around the complex in. Any thoughts? Other options would be to store the stroller in the car, but then I risk it being broken into. 
    Unless you have a really Gucci stroller, I'd store it in the car just for convenience unless there's an elevator. Most car break ins are smash and grabs and strollers aren't usually considered high value items. As for carrying baby down stairs, I would definitely get a good carrier if I were you. Ring slings are nice because they are compact to carry around and quick and easy to put on. But sounds like carrying baby in the car seat is a good, safe option too.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::