June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 3/11

Good morning June '17!  Drop your weekends chatterings here!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekend Chatter 3/11

• Options
    Stupid cold weather and snow are keeping me from walking in our St Paddy's Day Run/Walk and parade.  Bummed!  Maybe still try for some good ol' fashioned Irish food tonight though.  Gotta ring in the best holiday of the year somehow!  
  • Options
    DH is out of town. Off to go get fitted to order a bridesmaid dress for a wedding i'm in, in September. Then off to have lunch and shop with my girlfriend.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH tried to let me sleep in this morning as I was awake much of the night, but unfortunately I still couldn't sleep.
    He also made breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, so points for him! 
    I'm planning a trip to Target with my mom and sister this afternoon. DS needs shorts and I am at a loss for what to wear to my church's women's retreat next weekend. Most of my winter maternity clothing is either obviously for church/work, is dressy, or consists of leggings and yoga pants. I need something in-between! Who knows how much help Target will be, but it's too late to make a Gap order and nothing at Motherhood comes in my size. :neutral:
    DH and I are planning a date night tonight to walk around a fun little part of the city and just eat at various little places as we go. I'm excited! 
  • Options
    DD slept until 6:40 this morning (a minor miracle) and is in a fabulous mood. Not excited to try to get her up once the time changes tonight, but taking the small wins for now!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    DH is doing a 2-day CPR certification course this weekend, so I'm just at home catching up on some paperwork and small chores. I'm also attending my first baby-wearing info session this afternoon, so I'm hoping I can learn enough to narrow down what I might want to try out and put on my registry. 
  • Options
    DH is working today so it feels like another day of the week to me.  This morning DD must have chugged too much apple juice because she threw up all over the table.  She ate 3 pieces of toast after and has been fine so I don't think it is the stomach flu we all had last week.  Hopefully just a fluke.  I knew I shouldn't have given her juice this morning. It also snowed today so the kids wanted to play outside.  Now I'm contemplating taking them to chick fil a to play and eat lunch.  

We also rented Moana for the first time so we may watch that multiple times today. Flame away its a lazy movie watching day for us!
  • Options
    LMMamaLMMama member
    edited March 2017
    We close on our new house next Friday so this weekend has been spent packing so far. We're going to dinner at a Mexican place tonight. It's being your own tequila and they have lots of different margarita mixes :/

Tomorrow will just be more cleaning and packing. It's so cold here and we are supposed to get the biggest storm of the year on Monday/Tuesday which is really bumming me out. It was 65 yesterday!
  • Options
    They dye the Chicago River green for St Patty's the weekend before the actual holiday. Our business is just off the river so today will be insane busy dealing with the drunkies. Also have to pack for our trip. Instead I'm at home in my bathrobe seriously nesting. 
  • Options
    I had some mommy time with DS this morning and we went to a sibling class at the hospital where we will deliver.  It was really cute.  The nurse taught the kids how to swaddle the baby, and how to change a diaper, and they talked all about how to hold a baby.  They talked about how the baby will be born a bit (nothing too in depth), and then the kids got to see the nursery on the maternity floor and one of the rooms so they could see where baby, mommy and daddy will sleep while they are in the hospital.  DS was super excited about it.  He came home telling DH all about how to hold the baby.  Of course, now I'm exhausted and not feeling well (stomach issues yet again), so DH took DS to the store so I could have some quiet time.

We have my niece's 1st birthday party tomorrow.  I'm battling the constant urge to nest, with the constant urge to nap, and lately napping has been winning.  My house is a disaster.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH is working all freaking weekend.  I am going to try not to kill anyone/thing.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    @awillis13 how old is your DS? I'm glad to hear he enjoyed the class! I signed my kids up for one in April and I'm excited! I know DD (4) will love it but not sure about DS (2).  But the class says 2 and up so I figured it couldn't hurt for him to tag along! 
  • Options
    @MotherofDragons noo take it back

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @JessyKV he's 5.  Our hospital had 2 different classes, one for under 3 and one for older kids
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yall - my kids were in shorts yesterday playing outside (it was in the 70s) and tonight they're calling for snow.

Crazy NC weather!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC, it was 73 here yesterday and we're getting snow now too (Northern VA). This up and down weather is crazy this year. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    awillis13awillis13 member
    edited March 2017
    @EmeraldNC they are predicting 12-18" of
    snow here (MA) Tuesday.  Thursday afternoon I drove home with my sunroof open and woke up to 2" of snow in the ground Friday morning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went to my niece's sweet 16 today in Brooklyn. Unfortunately due to a snowstorm, we couldn't make it to ILs house so they could watch DD and our dog so DH had to stay home with them. The party was a lot of fun though and the food was freakin awesome. I ate so many passed appetizers. Total pregnant lady pig out

• Options
    Ugh I overdid it today with household chores/playing rough with the kiddos.  My back issues are flaring up.  

I just want to sleep forever. Oh, but daylight savings... With two toddlers.  FML
  • Options
    @Knottie42089123 I'm from Chicago too! H runs a restaurant close to the river and hates dealing with all the drunks today. What's your business?
  • Options
    Girls, I'm stuck on the couch and I can't get up. Ok really I can probably get up- but I'm considering staying here for the night. 
  • Options
    @LOTON01 what a small world! we have a fast food place! Where is your DH at? My DH caught a couple banging in the bathroom! To be young and drunk lol.
  • Options
    We have spring break this week and I am so relieved. This wedding weekend has been crazy since my husband has been so involved because of best man duties so I am so happy to be able to do nothing today and get the house cleaned tomorrow.  The kids are going to daycare tomorrow and Friday.  Tomorrow so I can clean and Friday so I can run errands and get Easter stuff for them.   
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    I can't remember who had posted it but there was recently a discussion on nipple confusion.  I thought this article was interesting.  It's pretty much stating that they didn't find that taking away/not giving pacifiers in the hospital helped breastfeeding moms and might have actually lowered the breastfeeding success of the hospital overall.  

The article doesn't really talk about supplementing with bottles.  I think that's a whole other animal because it's not just the sucking or the nipple confusion but the frustration over different flow.  So for me I would still try and supplement other ways for the first week or two until a good relationship is established.  I pumped and supplemented with a syringe in the hospital and the LC set me up with a tubing system to supplement while nursing instead of doing a bottle.  I have no idea if that helped our nursing journey or not but I do have friends that supplemented with bottles and had a hard time getting baby to want to nurse after.  Each individual baby is so different though. 

I did end up with one kid that loved the pacifier and one that never used it but became a thumb sucker.  The binkie kid weaned herself from nursing at 14 months and the thumb kid I had to wean at 20 months.  No idea if their choice of comfort had anything to do with weaning or if that was just their personalities but I find it interesting. 

https://www.today.com/parents/no-more-nipple-confusion-study-says-pacifiers-may-help-breast-743227
  • Options
    BellaO21BellaO21 member
    edited March 2017
    I was really looking forward to being childless today (my SS is at his BM's for the weekend), but my neighbor sent me a text last night saying their babysitter cancelled last minute and asked if I would mind watching him for her.  :(  I love the kid, and her and her husband do a lot for/with us, so I don't mind... but I was going to cleanmy room today lmao 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    My kids slept until 9:30 (DD3) and 10:20 (SD5) Praise the Lord!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 I can't remember where we talked about this so I'm putting it here. Dr. Martin usually pairs up with Friesen or Milius to do versions according to the girls at work and they get done fairly frequently. Hope that helps! :)
  • Options
    @Stankonia2014 I can't remember where we talked about this so I'm putting it here. Dr. Martin usually pairs up with Friesen or Milius to do versions according to the girls at work and they get done fairly frequently. Hope that helps! :)
    You're the best! I'm convinced this boy will be transverse for the remainder of this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    You're the best! I'm convinced this boy will be transverse for the remainder of this pregnancy. 
    Not a problem! I'm curious to what my US shows next week because I feel like this baby is moving all over in there. I have myself convinced I'll need to be open to a version as well. These babies...ornery little ones already!
  • Options
    My nesting urge yesterday paid of big time bc nursery is complete with exception to curtains and crib sheet which have been ordered. Pretty much all done in 1 1/2 days!
  • Options
    We just finished our taxes and we did pretty good this year too! Yay for adding to the savings account! And we got them done for free because my smart cousin offered to do them for us. Now off to enjoy the sunshine!