July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chit Chat- 3/11

Cheers to the freaking weekend. What do you have going on?

Re: Weekend Chit Chat- 3/11

• Options
    It's 5:30am and my plans for the day were already derailed. DH got called into work an hour ago and he is unlikely to be back before dinner hour. This happened yesterday too-- I didn't see the poor guy until I was tucked in bed half asleep.

The St. Patrick's Day parade is today. I'll be heading over to a friend's place for a pre-parade breakfast party and then plan to tackle some errands and housework. If We were planning on working on the nursery this weekend- FX DH's work issue doesn't run into tomorrow as well. 

Sidenote: I need to talk to DH about changing his ringtone. Right now it is Rains of Castamere from GOT. I can't tell you how creepy and ominous it is to be woken up by that in the middle of the night.
  • Options
    Going to the bank to see about getting a loan for my husbands computer. Than taking a two hour drive to see the in laws, for the fourth weekend in a row. I'm going shopping with my SMIL, whom I'm not the biggest fan of. I also don't like shopping, especially maternity shopping, and I don't really have the stamina anymore for long shopping trips. In and out is how I have to do it now, and this is not going to be that. Plus, I have to eat all the time and they have a terrible tendency of picking restaurants where there are "options" for me, but not really substantial or good food (I'm a vegan, and it's not for lack of options in their area). Which is fine pre-pregnancy, but food is my life now and I need it. So I'm sure today is going to be a horrible, long, drawn out, exhausting, starve-fest from hell and I don't want to do it and have been bitching about it all week. 
    Hopefully tomorrow DH and I get to spend the day in bed cuddling, soaking up these last days where it's just us. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm at a conference for the weekend. It's in a large city in the state where I grew up. And the St. Patricks Day celebration is today. I'm at a hotel that will be right in the middle of all the chaos. 

The thing is, I've ALWAYS wanted to be in this city for this day. Every year in college we tried to make it happen and just have never been able to. This should be like a dream come true. Except it's cold as hell out there, and I'm so pregnant, and I was really looking forward to today's conference sessions. So I'm probably just going to stay in the hotel. College-Me would be so disappointed in me. 
  • Options
    Tomorrow is my 1st wedding anniversary so we are going out to celebrate. This first year has been a doozy but we are stronger than ever, and I know some of you in long marriages are rolling your eyes at me haha 

We were actually going to go downtown (Chicago) and go to the signature room even though I did not want to deal with the st Patrick's day chaos(including being kissed by strangers because I am a red head even though I am not Irish - not every redhead is Irish!). I used to work downtown and after dealing with many pattys days, oprahs final show, Obamas speeches when he was campaigning and elected, lollapaloozas and the blackhawks rally among other i have zero desire to deal with that chaos - call me old and cranky but I got more than my fill. But in a sweet turn of events DSS called and even though it's not our weekend wants to be with us so our anniversary dinner will be spent at Dave and Busters with DSS - which may be just as much chaos lol. 
  • Options
    I'm having lunch and getting a pedicure with my very best friend who I haven't seen in forever! I'm so excited for my few hours away. Then DH and I are going to a huge resale that always has tons of good stuff. I'm markedly more excited for this than my husband. 

@AdaByron I think College-Me is disappointed in me regularly!
  • Options
    crzyforbabiescrzyforbabies member
    edited March 2017
    Today I'm going over my friend's house to hang. Tomorrow I am going to Babies R Us to make my registry and to a steakhouse for my brother's birthday.

Happy Anniversary @Dcwtada!

• Options
    Not much planned today. Might go thrift store shopping but not sure yet. Tomorrow we're taking my father out to eat for his birthday. 
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Must. Finish. Painting. Kitchen. I've been working on it off and on for almost two weeks and I just have a little left. Our kitchen and dining area are one big room, but separated by the island. The dining room is finished (except for some touch ups from where the tape peeled off paint). 
  • Options
    I'm getting ready to leave for a volunteer event. Every year, my sorority does a day of service in honor of our first alumna initiate. So I get to spend three hours at a Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Tonight is a talent show/fundraiser at my parents' church for their summer missions programs. Tomorrow is our hospital tour.

Somewhere in there we have to go to the grocery store and clean the fricking apartment. 
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    On Saturday mornings I participate in a mentoring program for local high school students.  It sounded like such a good idea when I committed to it in the fall, but honestly with this pregnancy it's taken quite a bit of convincing myself to get out of bed on Saturdays.

This afternoon I'm running a few baby-related errands with my mom - going to a fabric store to look for fabric for nursery curtains she offered to make and then to a book sale at a local library to hopefully grab some cheap kids books to use for decorations for the shower (which is months away but my mom has been a planning machine!)

Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet a friend for lunch I haven't seen in awhile, so that should be nice.  And then to my IL's for my belated birthday dinner, which is often stressful but hopefully it will ok!  Although as a lot of others have mentioned, tomorrow is the St. Patrick's Day parade here and although I won't be going, my SIL and BILs will be, so I'm sure everyone will show up drunk for dinner, which is always fun.
  • Options
    I'm pretending like someone will break into my home while we are gone, and they will go on a deep cleaning spree!!!!!!! Lol!!! A girl can dream?! We are headed over to friends, while my husband works all day. Poor guy. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 - Bahahaha! Let me know how that works out for you and then send the burglars my way if it works out well!
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary, @Dcwtada!
  • Options
    We've been minimalizing all the crap we have in our house for about a month now. We're tackling DD's room today. It's already proving to be an interesting feat. 
  • Options

My husbands 30th birthday party is tonight so I'm getting everything prepped and ready for that. It's so funny cause he doesn't care about his bday at all and thinks it's "weird" to have a party as an adult! I'm a huge party person so I've had to hold myself back from going all out and I'm trying to keep it low key. We have 30-40 people who rsvp'd "yes" and he freaked out when I told him that so tonight will be fun! 

Tomorrow will be spent cleaning up the aftermath of the party and food prepping/grocery shopping for the rest of the week.
  • Options

@LoveLee85, when we go to Hawaii this week my Mom is coming over to feed our cats.  She has been known to clean my house while we're out of town.  I am hoping for exactly the same as you lol.

@LuLiLaEv Happy Birthday to your H!

Today is going to be the massive task of hair removal before our trip.  Tomorrow is my nieces first ballet recital, so that's pretty much my whole weekend.  So glamorous. Lol.
  • Options
    @Itsnotyourturn first off, have a great time in Hawaii!!!! Second, what a thoughtful mother you have! Thanks for the hopeful wishes, BAHAHAH! 
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    @LoveLee85 haha I hope your dreams come true, my dreams are kind of similar to yours ATM! 

@Dcwtada yayy happy first Anniversary!!!! Just go with the flow and have funnnn! 

@Itsnotyourturn have an extra pinacolada for me, and poke perhaps?;) oh I miss Hawaii!! Which island are you going to?
  • Options
    @Dcwtada happy anniversary!! 

@LuLiLaEv enjoy the celebrations :) we are the same way, husband not a huge fan of the idea of big parties (although gets on board once it's happening) and I love them. It's really sweet you're putting it all together 

@Chamomile congratulations on being almost done!! I so hear you on being sick of that paper. Im preparing a rejected paper for resubmission to a different journal and I hate looking at it... But once you get it accepted, it's the best feeling! 

@Itsnotyourturn have a great trip to Hawaii! Sounds like the dream!

My weekend is a combination of attempting to clean (failed so far, ha), a friend's baby shower, and catching up with friends I haven't seen in a while over dinner and brunch. So I'm excited for all of that. Also have to do some work - have deadline tomorrow to submit a summary of some research I'm presenting in 6 weeks... to be honest I'm like 2% done with it right now :O 

• Options
    The cleaner is coming today to shampoo the rugs and carpet and disinfect the other surfaces.  I'm so freaking excited at the idea of getting the house back, and not being afraid to touch anything.  

I have to figure out if any of the dresses in my closet fit me well enough for a wedding next weekend.  If not, it's time for some shopping.
  • Options
    @Dcwtada Happy Anniversary, enjoy!! 

This weekend husband, DS and I are gonna do a little shopping. Buy a few new sarees for mandir cause my bump isn't fitting into all but one that I have now. And tomorrow ill be going to paint and lunch with my MIL which I'm excited for cause hubby will have DS and I really enjoy paint nite. 
  • Options
    We're just having a quiet weekend. I got my toenails done with a friend, even though it's way too cold for sandals. I'm hoping to encourage spring to get here! Other than that, we're going to a bike show and dinner. 
  • Options
    @Dcwtada enjoy your anniversary!!
    @LuLiLaEv happy birthday to your hubby. Is it tonight? My husband's is tomorrow.
    yay pieces! 

Today we took a child and infant cpr course, which was a good refresher. 
    We were supposed to see my in laws tonight but MIL decided driving 30 mins to see us was "too incovenient" Meanwhile we had agreed last week to drive 2 hours to their weekend home, equaling four hours in one day - that plan got cancelled bc the other folks coming got sick. So we said "hey come to us there are some great restaurants to celebrate your son's bday at!" Plus it's what DH wants. But nope. Too inconvenient. 

Now we have a free evening which I'm totally fine with!! Tomorrow we are hanging w some friends to celebrate DH bday. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Itsnotyourturn Aghhh so jealous!  Have an amazing time, it's the most beautiful place on earth!

@Dcwtada Happy anniversary!

Getting rid of a bunch of crap today- any idea what I should do with old electronics that still work great but are basically old and obsolete now?  (GPS, iPod mini, canon power shot camera, digital voice recorder, old cell phones, etc.). I'm not looking to make money, I know they're older than dirt, but if there's a market for that stuff I'd love for all of it to be used for parts or something.  Do places take donations for that stuff?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Itsnotyourturn Have fun in Hawaii and enjoy the sunshine! That's nice you get to go on a trip before baby comes. 

@irishrose54 That's a great idea to take an infant CPR course. Hopefully it's one of those things you never have to use, but having those skills could mean the difference between life and death. I'm going to look into something similar. 

I woke up this morning to the rainy misery that is typical of the PNW this time of year. I would love to splurge on a trip to somewhere sunny, but I have to upgrade my 2 seater car to something more family friendly that can comfortably fit a car seat (we're thinking trading in for a Honda Fit). Today I'm going to work on cleaning my car to prep it for sale, pick up some cute sleepers I won on FB bid wars, and then probably hide indoors for the rest of the day. 

My boyfriend enrolled us into a pre-natal program that consists of 6 classes over 6 weeks. I'm excited for it to start so we can learn more about labour and delivery, and connect with other couples that are also expecting. It starts next month and I can't wait!

• Options
    @a_wee_bit_terrified the class was through the hospital I'll be delivering at so it was a room full of mom's to be which was nice. We are also enrolled in the birthing class, but did the two weekend intensive rather than the 6 week course. Hope yours goes well! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @OperaSingerMommy Our Best Buy takes old electronics for recycling.

We're at Great Wolf Lodge this weekend. It's been a lot of fun, but DS has been in full on threenager mode, and it's exhausting.
  • Options
    DH and I finally have a weekend off together!

Yesterday I completed my US Constitution requirement for my credential. Today DH and I both got First Aid/CPR/AED certified (infant, child, and adult). This was another requirement for my credential. My next step is taking everything to my credential office and getting my application started. Hopefully I'll be a credentialed teacher in a few weeks!

We also shopped around after the class and did some price comparisons between Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us. Also bought an external HD for my laptop because I was running out of room. Now I just need to figure out how to clear more space lol.

Tomorrow is up in the air. I know we are planning on going to church in the morning, but the rest of the day is unplanned.

I love having the same days off with him, it doesn't happen very often.

• Options
    @Itsnotyourturn have an amazing time!

@dcwtAda happy anniversary!!

I got my hair done for the first time in nearly a year. I finally feel human (and blonde) again- just glorious! We also hung curtains in DD's room 

Today I'm working on getting the plan together for our vacation in May. I'm the nutso lady planning to take my kid to Disney World for one day only at 32 weeks. Lord help me. It's her last trip as a family of 3 before her brother starts breaking her dress up princess dress up stuff. I also need to go grocery shopping before this lovely snowstorm drops 8-12 inches on Tuesday. I am secretly excited because DD has only been able to wear her snowpants once this year.
  • Options
    @JmUDuuuukes 07 it's amazing what a hair appointment can do for a lady!!!! I waited a good 9-10 month after my son was born out of sheer exhaustion...and now I go regularly because it makes me feel fresh!!! Lol! 
  • Options
    @JmUDuuuukes 07 Same here - first time in a year, blonde again, etc. It feels amaaaaazing.

I also got a prenatal massage yesterday. It was okay. I've never had one before so I have nothing but normal deep tissue to compare it to, but I was disappointed that she couldn't dig deeper into at least my upper back knots. They also did not have the belly-hole table, so I had to be on my side, which might have something to do with it. AND she did one side twice and said we were done - I was like "are we not doing my other side? We started on this side too..." So that was a little awkward.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    munchkinsmamamunchkinsmama member
    edited March 2017
    So many fun things going on this weekend for all you ladies!

@Itsnotyourturn have so much fun, I can't wait for some warm weather.

@Dcwtada Hope you had a great anniversary and fun celebrating 

@JmUDuuuukes 07 I think you will have a great time in Disney and it will be really special for all 3 of you. We are planning to take our 3 munchkins to a small amusement park in late may early June, so maybe I'm just nutso like you.

@Itsnotyourturn I had the original Honda fit and loved it! People were always amazed what I could fit in it. I would definitely recommend borrowing a carseat for the day if you can and checking the leg room for you and DH with a carseat rear facing behind either the passenger or driver if you plan on having 2. It was never an issue for us but DH is only 5'8". 

We had our anatomy scan and baby girl is looking good but they need to rescan to see her abdominal wall and umbilical chord placement because her knee was in the way. Also I have a low lying placenta so pelvic precautions for me. Excited everything else looked good. We got to go out to a nice dinner for my FIL birthday, the 3 kids did great and we ate amazing food! Having my in-laws for corned beef and cabbage today before they head back to Florida. We were supposed to take the kids to a St. PATRICK'S day parade but a windchill of 5 degrees has us thinking not this year. So it's lucky charms marshmallow treats and shamrock crafts instead. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
  • Options
    Ladies, I'm not happy. The entire rib area and sides of my belly have a terrible terrible rash and it's not itchy anymore it's just on fire and stings like crazy. I can't wear anything today iv been sitting naked and it's cold! Iv tried the oatmeal bath, it helped, now lathered up in aloe and coconut oil. Even hydrocortisone stung. 
  • Options
    @BusyZee - oh that sounds terrible!!! I hope you feel better soon. 
  • Options
    @busyzee it sounds like you may need to go back to the doctor! That way someone can take a look and maybe you can get something else for it. It doesn't sound like something hydrocortisone can cover.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @busyzee that sounds awful! Get to a doctor asap! Hope you feel better soon.

@MrsLa3 glad you got your crawfish fix. ;)

I ate a half pan of rice cripsie treats for dinner tonight and it was delicious. Before my BFP I hated all sweets and never ate dessert- now I am a sugar obsessed. 
  • Options
    @BusyZee, go to the doctor asap.  That sounds like the worst!
  • Options
    @BusyZee echoing the others....go to the doctor or Urgent care.  Don't take any chances that its 'just a rash'.  
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017