Trouble TTC

How long should you temp?

How long do you think you should record your BBT until you can be relatively confident that you are ovulating?
My temp was up about .4 degrees (Celsius) this morning from its previous highest, but I have only been temping for 10 days so I'm not sure if this is too early. I unfortunately can't estimate anything based on CD seeing as I am currently on CD81..

Thanks everyone :) It might be nothing, but I'm looking for a glimmer of hope here! haha
Me: 26, DH: 26
TTC #1 since July 2016
Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
  • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
  • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
  • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
  • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How long should you temp?

• Do you use an app to track your temperatures? I use Fertility Friend and they want 3 high temperatures in a row before they will say you ovulated. If this is your first cycle temping then my best advice to you is to keep going, especially since you are having a very long cycle and it sounds like you started temping in the middle of it. It will take a few months for you to recognize what your typical pre and postovulation temps are.  Then at that point it will get easier to be able to identify ovulation after only 1 high temperature. Hope this helps! 
  • I agree with @Kim41313 - I temped for many many months before really being able to track any changes that specific. I second getting fertility friend - it really takes the guesswork out of it!

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I have fertility friend, but am just being hopeful I suppose :)
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker