September 2017 Moms
Options

Cast Iron Pans

Is anyone else using cast iron pans during pregancy?  My husband loves to use ours and I noticed some "seasoning" that came off in our chili earlier this week.  I am just wondering if this is ok :/

Re: Cast Iron Pans

• Options
    Your body will digest the iron, which should be fine for you and baby. We like to cook with out cast iron too.
  • Options
    Cast iron is amazing for searing steaks :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love my cast iron! I use them all the time! I have never heard of it not being recommended during pregnancy! 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I was just concerned with the "seasonings" (black flakes) coming off from the pan.  We use them all the time but this is the first time I have really noticed it. My husband said it was because the chili was acidic so it causes more of it to flake off.
  • Options
    I hope it's okay because we use ours alll the time... we have 3 different sizes, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I read somewhere to use cast iron to avoid anemia. I used ours last pregnancy and will continue through this one because they are amazing!
  • Options
    I actually had the biggest craving for green beans cooked in butter in a cast iron pan last week- it was so oddly specific. Must mean I need some more iron- BRING ON THE STEAK!