November 2017 Moms
Options

Fitness Friday 3/10

Do you guys want to do a check in with questions you answer or just talk about your goals/healthy eating?

Goals for the week:

Favorite Exercise:

What are you eating this week?

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of activewear?

Re: Fitness Friday 3/10

• Options
    Goals for the week:

My goal this week was to make it to barre or yoga 4 times and I did!

Favorite Exercise:
    Barre or yoga

I have not been eating very healthy (I had McDonald's yesterday) so hoping my exercising will offset that? Wishful thinking?

Lululemon for sure. But it's way too expensive to buy it often...
  • Options
    I like this idea!

Goals for the week:
    Go to barre and cardio step once I talk to my doctor because even though everyone has told me it's fine, I'm being crazy about it. If it's warm enough I'd like to do a short 2 mile run this week but it's currently snowing...
    Favorite Exercise:
    Definitely barre. Burns so good and it doesn't make me sweat so I feel very glamorous ha
    Tacos for dinner tonight, probably pizza tomorrow since we'll be at a friend's get together, various chicken dinners throughout the week
    I don't really have one. Whatever's cheap I guess? I don't like paying a lot for clothes to sweat in so the name brands don't appeal to me. As long as it's good quality I don't really care. I get workout stuff from Marshall's a lot. I used to do Old Navy's because it was so cheap and not bad quality but I don't shop at Gap brands anymore because they refuse to stop using child/slave labor and someone else's life is more important to me than cheap leggings.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this, @heatherdubrow! I gained a ton during both of my previous pregnancies and I'm hoping to keep it more in check this time (especially because I'm starting out heavier than I was for the previous two). 

Goals: 4 gym days, which I should hit by the end of the weekend. No cheating on my Whole30. I haven't cheated yet, but it's always super tempting. 

Favorite Exercise: Lots! I like yoga a lot, but also like doing my own thing too. I usually do the stairs and some free weights on non-yoga days. 

What are you eating this week: Blah. Essentially meat, eggs, veggies, and fruit, with some nuts thrown in. 1/3 of the way done with this crazy Whole30.

GTKY: Most of my stuff is Under Armor, but I can't say I really care. As long as it's comfy, the branding doesn't matter to me. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Love this!
    Goals for the week: get in 6 days of 30 mins workouts and add in some yoga (any good pregnancy yoga recs?). I have never been good at yoga but want to try to add in some pregnancy focused yoga or stretching.

Favorite Exercise:
    I really just love running it out on the elliptical.  I am also an ice skater and really enjoy that but don't get to do it often and it isn't a pregnancy friendly sport.

Salads, chicken, trying to increase my veggies. Currently obsessed with Goldfish crackers...

Pretty much anything 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge omg I sweat so much in barre!!

@kissthesky32 good for you doing whole30!

@jess0211 I would find a prenatal yoga class in your area, or you can get dvds on Amazon!
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow I have been to barre classes before where I've sweat because they added cardio but the one I go to now I don't at all

• Options
    I'm hoping to stay active during pregnancy so I love this idea!
    Goals for the week:
    Exercise 4 days a week. I'm in full time school and full time work so it's tough but I had a good routine going recently that I don't want to stop, even though waking up at 5:30 was so brutal yesterday, it was worth it!
    Favorite Exercise:
    So we don't belong to a gym, we just each work out in the basement. Recently I was getting back into insanity which I love but now that I'm KU I think that's a bit too much. I'm trying out just T25 which is still a good workout but much less impact. I'm gonna try and do yoga somewhere in there too.
    Trying to increase my fruits and veggie intake and just be more balanced. I had been trying to lose the 10lbs I've gained this past year due to school and work and had been down 6lbs but now I'm trying to revamp my thinking and increase the calories! I don't have any food aversions or nausea yet so I'm thankful for that!
    I really like the Old Navy active wear, inexpensive and comfy! Although my guilty pleasure is the LuLu pants my brother bought me, I live in them!
  • Options

Goals for the week: Take DS and the dog for a walk every day. (It doesn't seem like much, but I'm setting the bar real low).

Favorite Exercise:  
    Does chasing around an 18 mo count?

The nausea has kicked in, so I'm mostly surviving on mashed potatoes and cream of wheat (extra bonus, they don't hurt or taste bad coming back up).

Anything that doesn't break the bank and is comfortable.
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options
    Goals for the week: go to Zumba and walk at least 2 other days after school.
    I usually do urban boot camp on tuesdays while DD is in dance but after this past week I think I may have to either cut it or do a modified version, my Zumba on wednesdays should be good for a long time though.
    Favorite exercise: Zumba

What I am eating this week: Lots of fruit, yogurt, string cheese, and trying to chug the water even though it makes me have to pee so bad I'm afraid people at work are going to suspect something. (I have to ask for a break to go to the bathroom since I work with young kids)

I don't really have a favorite brand of activewear.

• Options
    Goals for the week:

I would like to get in some gentle exercise. Walking, stretching. It feels really easy to overdo it already. Casual walking seems to bring on some aching and cramps. Now I'm wondering if it might be rl pain excaberated by how tight my hips always are. I'm just feeling paranoid about doing too much or something wrong, so I'm glad I can talk to the midwife Monday. 

Favorite Exercise:

walking, light weights, squats, and sometimes yoga. 

Dinner tonight is black beans and rice, but I don't know after that.  

I can't say I have one. I like comfy cotton or cotton+stretch clothes for the most part. I'm not doing anything that I sweat a lot. 

• Options
    I love this idea! 

Goals for the week:
    I am trying to go classes at my gym at least 3x plus one additional activity on the weekend - usually I take a yoga class, but I got nervous so yesterday we just took our dogs for a long walk instead. 

Favorite Exercise:
    Kickboxing & HIIT - I think this is going to be an issue for me to keep motivated bc I told one of the instructors at my gym on Friday that I'm pregnant and she said the main thing to watch out for is raising your temperature & heart rate for extended periods of time. That basically rules out my favorite workouts! Have any of you been told anything similar? I haven't been to the doctor yet so I want to be extra careful until then. 

Not really changing my eating habits beyond watching my caffeine and making sure I remember my prenatals. I almost always have some eggs for breakfast with some toast/English muffin, a sandwich of some sort for lunch and for dinner a protein, starch and greens. I haven't had major MS yet but am super bloated and gassy, it hasn't affected my appetite but I'm uncomfortable after eating and especially at night. 

I'm not too focused on brands but I do really like athleta pants. They are the best quality and worth the price IMO. I mostly just look for workout clothes that are fun colors so that I'm excited to get dressed for the gym. 
  • Options
    Love this thread..needing motivation, finding energy to workout this time around with exhaustion and a toddler is tough!
    Goals: workout 5 days/week 
    Fav exercise: love piyo, core bar, HIIT 
    What am I eating: trying to eat lots of protein, fruits and veggies during the day...I do lots of green smoothies. Dinner I'm more lax bit try to keep portions under control
    Fav athletic clothes: anything not expensive! Old Navy is a favorite!!
  • Options
    @sojoba the rule of thumb I've always followed is if you've been doing it for a long time before getting pregnant then it's ok to continue. But just to be safe, maybe ask your ob?

@baker1jm2 I feel you on the exhaustion plus toddlers! I go to a gym that offers childcare so that's my motivation- 2 hours alone!
  • Options
    Me too, @heatherdubrow! Those 2 hours are glorious. A work out and a shower and some quality phone playing time... all alone. 

• Options
    @kissthesky32 yes! My gym even has a coffee bar, it's magical!
  • Options
    That's awesome, @heatherdubrow! Mine has a smoothie bar, but they're all gross and super sugary. 

• Options
    jess0211jess0211 member
    edited March 2017
    @sojoba what @heatherdubrow said, the only other thing my doctor told me when I started ttc is the exception to that would be my ice skating after first trimester bc the risk of fall is so high. So if it's something you were doing before pregnancy and doesn't have a major fall risk you're probably fine. But I would still check with your doc.

Eta words

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Goals for the week:
    I'm actually pretty terrible about setting goals. Be more active. Do Stuff. There! Goals set! In all honesty, my goals are more long-term than weekly. I had JUST started getting back into running when I got pregnant, and I am slowly working my way back up to longer distances. Right now I'm only doing about 1.5-2 miles at a time at a reasonable pace. I hope my doctor is cool with it because today I went to the gym with my husband for the first time since I got my BFP and it's the best I've felt in two weeks. I've been moping and laying around feeling like a slug most of the time. Today I actually felt good--physically, and also, I felt good about myself.

Favorite Exercise:
    Running, hands down, followed closely by weights.

I'm making stuffed peppers for dinner and I'll also make sauteed asparagus for myself. Lately I've been eating large salads for lunch with dried cranberries and nuts mixed in. Tomorrow or Tuesday my husband is going to cook up some steaks, and later in the week I'm going to make chicken parm. Right house our kitchen is overflowing with fruit, too. Oranges for me, grapefruit and strawberries for him. I'm definitely using the protomolecule as an excuse to splurge on fruit even if it isn't on sale tbh. I always thought I'd be devouring chocolate ice cream straight out of the carton if I got pregnant but...I've lost my taste for it? Has that happened for anyone else--your favorite dessert suddenly doesn't appeal to you at all?

Whatever is comfortable and reasonably priced! The only thing that I'm particular about are my socks and shoes. My mom buys the socks for me from www.roadrunnersports.com because she's a member and gets a discount. The shoes are Asics, the women's gel nimbus 17 with fluidride. I wish I had more of this model tbh, it's the most comfortable running shoe I've owned so far.
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Goals for the week:

I'm running a half marathon next weekend and just busted out my final training run today. So I've just got two short runs to do this week, then the half. After that I'll probably cut back on the long runs and replace with more barre and yoga. And naps.

Favorite Exercise:

I love anything outdoors, so running, hiking, xc skiing, biking. Also barre and yoga.

Probably a decent amount of Mexican food.

Guilty pleasure is lululemon. Also like Gap Body stuff.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @jess0211 and @heatherdubrow - looks like I'm going to have a looooong list of questions for my first appointment  :p
  • Options
    Goals for the week: Exercise 3 times.  I typically will exercise 3-5 times a week when not trying to get pregnant, but I got super paranoid during the TWW so it was really not consistent. I'm trying to get over that right now and go walking 3 times a week.  When our pool opens back home, I'm gonna work in some pool time too.

Favorite Exercise:
    Ice skating, elliptical, jogging. Now that I'm pregnant, gonna bring it back to walking/swimming/stretching.

I recently got a blender so I've been making fruit/veggie smoothies once a day.  Cutting out coffee if I can manage it, and trying to cut down on the sweets. Trying to fit more fish in my diet for omegas.

Whatever fits and supports!
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• Options
    The exercise I usually get is coed weekend softball. Can't do that now. I also have to find an excuse to not be playing at my
    college alumni soccer game... lurking here for inspiration! I am not a fan of running to run, so I hope to find some fun ideas!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @captainfoxtrot yes, swimming! I'm looking forward to that too. Not that I'm a great swimmer at a fitness level, but it's just so nice to take some pressure off of the belly!

• Options
    This is such a good way to keep track, thanks!
    Goals for the week:
    I try to get to the gym for walking or yoga 3x a week and to get out for a short run 2-3x a week. I don't do weights cause I have 25lb twin boys and lifting them is enough for me!!! :D

Favorite Exercise: I love running and yoga (and hiking in summer)

What are you eating this week? Anyone else on GAPS or SCD diet? I have IBS so try to stick really close to this but while pregnant I add back in rice and make lots of my own gf breads. I eat lots of good meet from the local butcher lamb and beef and get fish and chicken at Costco 

GTKY: What is your favorite brand of activewear? Lululemon but I also really like the Kirkland Signature brand so prices even out (that's what I tell myself at least...)