January 2016 Moms
Options

Questions for pediatrician?

We are about to go to our last appointment with babys pediatrician tomorrow (for the 2nd series of 12 month shots - they do it in 2 series where we are as they feel it's too many shots to do in one go).  We are moving away in a couple weeks so this will be our last appointment with the pediatrician and I'm trying to think of potential questions to ask but don't really have any so thought I'd check with the collective wisdom here.  I already asked the pediatrician office if I could get a copy of whatever tests, results and notes they have on the baby to take with me, which they agreed to.  Anything else I should think of or common questions/concerns at this age and development stage?  (We are moving to a different country so will not have easy access to the doctor anymore should any questions arise later...).

Re: Questions for pediatrician?

• Options
    Yeah I think medical history for baby would be the most important. I would asked you ped what your asking us and see if they have any info they feel like you need.
     I know my ped give handouts at every appointment that just talks about development, things you should be doing, safety. I'm not sure if you get these, but I find them helpful and I would ask if you could maybe get those sheets that would apply for your next few appointments. I'm not sure where your moving and if calling to the ped office is a option but I would ask them if you could still use the nurses line as a recourse if your are really unsure about something to do with babies health. I hope you have a safe move and enjoy your new home!!
  • Options
    Thank you !  Your ped sounds great !  Unfortunately no such handouts where I've been going and I found that unless I have questions they don't provide much info proactively...  I got the med records though and hopefully those have all the info and will be enough for next pediatricians...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since you're unsure of when you'll be able to see a doctor in the future, I would ask about potential developmental red flags to watch out for going forward. Things your doc thinks absolutely should not be ignored or 'watched' so to speak, so you know if/when you NEED to get LO to a doctor ASAP.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    l4rkl4rk member
    Ask for a referral to a new pediatrician! At least around here, if you get formally transfered by a doctor they will take you, but if you approach independently they won't. May as well line someone up for your future...