September 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone used Ameda double electric pump

does anyone have this pump? It's the only one my insurance will pay for. I'm used to the the medela.  Just curious cause it would be great not to have to shell out $$ if I didn't have to. 

Re: Anyone used Ameda double electric pump

• Options
    I used the hospital grade version of ameda a couple years ago, and I actually preferred it over my medela.  I felt it was more comfortable on me and it may have just been in my mind but I felt like I got more production.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @SugarRush it's the ameda purely yours double electric pump.  I went ahead an ordered it from my insurance. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have one but it is the only one I have used so I can't say it's better or worse. I ended up using the smaller flange inserts and that helped my comfort a lot. It's small enough I can manuver it in the car with a car port adapter so that's nice. Parts are easy to clean. I broke a few of the rings that go around the bottles though (from dropping them) so they are a little fragile for me. I also bought an extra set of flanges and membranes, for convenience. I like that it fits in the bag fully assembled. Makes pumping at work just a tich faster. 
  • Options
    I used one with my daughter. It was really good suction wise and easy to clean. I much preferred it to my Medela Swing that never seemed to get a good fit or suction. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had that one as well. I did like it, but I have nothing to compare it to. I am debating trying a different one this time, but of course I already have all the pieces to the Ameda, and no complaints. I would like to hear if anyone has used this and Medela, which one they prefer and why. I think with Medela you have to wash the tubes and with Ameda you don't?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @hatrats One of the big selling points for Ameda is they are a closed system so you could resell and the buyer only has to replace tubing and what not. Medelas are generally an open system (except hospital grades I believe) and should not he resold because of potential breastmilk being in the system. My medela swing was awful for this and was always backing up. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sorry to ask again but I want to make sure I get the right one, and I know so little about this.  What are people's thoughts on the Medela Pump in Style?  I read good things but now I can't remember details.  ;-P
  • Options
    @margareth I had the medela pump in style back pack and I loved it.  Very convenient and easy to use.  I did hate boiling/ cleaning tubing but since it was my first and only pump there was nothing I could compare it to. I used it for both my babies.  
  • Options
    I received the Ameda Purely Yours double breast pump through my insurance for free with DD. I thought it was efficient. Nothing special. Got the job done. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker