October 2017 Moms
Options

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 3/9

Okay ladies! Who's munching on what right now? 

To be good I'm having a green smoothie for breakfast everyday, adding ginger to keep the tummy grumbles at bay. 
Today it's more about what I'm not eating, or what I just ate the last of... my favorite cereal ever is the pumpkin frosted mini wheats. They only come out in fall and I always stockpile several boxes. Today the last bowl fell to my appetite and I'm feeling some slight panic that I didn't save more back and I can't get a new box until this kid arrives!

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 3/9

• Options
    Good morning @GenTK ! Thanks for starting this. Your smoothie sounds good. I love how you have to stockpile your cereal though. I've never even tried the pumpkin flavor, but you make it sound great!

This morning, I am eating a breakfast burrito with bacon, eggs, cheese, and green sauce. It's somewhat of a battle as I have lost my appetite these recent days.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    Hi @VLillyV! I must say that burrito sounds amazing to me, but I understand the loss of appetite.

That's part of why the smoothie is working for me. I just tell myself I'm drinking something and I don't have as much problem, I have that around 7:30 am and with the mango and ginger my stomach calms down and I find most days I can actually eat around 10am. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've have had no appetite all week but the only thing that sounds good is mac and cheese. So I just finished my leftovers from last night and it was fantastic!
  • Options
    canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited March 2017
    I made chicken lettuce and tomato on a spinach wrap with a little mayo. It was ok to get down ( only ate 3/4 of it) but then I watched how to make mashed cauliflower in the instant pot- it looked amazing!! So I made some and now my life is complete. I added garlic and butter and it settled my stomach. Not sure how. But it did! 

Does anyone drink lemon ginger tea by twinings ? 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I want the starburst now :( you make me sad. Who makes a pregnant lady crave something and not give it up? Jk :wink:

@canonmom413 I truly applaud you. Maybe Cauliflower will be your go-to?  Never tried the tea, sorry!
  • Options
    @GenTK  I LOVE those pumpkin mini wheats!  I wish I had stockpiled some...

All I want to eat is chips and salsa.  ALL THE TIME.  This week's new thing is bagels and cream cheese.  I still try to make sure I have my Special K cereal in the morning so I get some milk and nutrients.  
  • Options
    @JessDG Seriously, if I could just live on bagels I would be happy. Oh, and English muffins with peanut butter yummm. Darn protein needs.

@canonmom413 No, but it sounds amazing! Should I get some?

• Options
    canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited March 2017
    @bluejeanbabi05 I haven't tried it yet but it did look and sound amazing. I almost bought Yogi's ginger tea , but the back said " consult a doctor if pregnant or nursing" and had a few more herbs ingredients than twinings.  I think twinings is just ginger, lemon, lemongrass, and peppermint ( maybe) 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Nothing seems to taste good!!! I love veggies as I am a vegetarian but they don't taste good anymore... I don't have cravings but more like anti-cravings!! I know what I don't want to eat but never know what I do want. Only thing that seems to be ok are pretzels, crackers, teddy grahams, and other snack foods. 

Help! 
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 coming back to say the tea is amazing!! Brewed a cup for an afternoon warm up. It tastes amazing! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @GenTK I've been doing smoothies for breakfast too! So much easier on my nausea to drink through a straw rather than try to get down a bowl of yogurt and berries (my usual breakfast).
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    kstirtonkstirton member
    edited March 2017
    nothing in my house sounds good. I don't know if it's because I have to make it or what. I'm home with a sick toddler today and so far I've had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, and a pb and j and I've felt empty all day. hubby has already been asked to pick up chipotle for dinner lol. I swear we eat out at least once a day right now. if it were up to me it's be all the time. it's the only way I can find what I want on a whim. meal planning is out the window right now despite my best efforts.

• Options
    Anything salt. It's insane. 
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    @JessDG Trust me, even a stock pile isn't enough! I was despret enough to check the internet and they are seeing for like $10 a box!!! No matter how much I want them I can't be okay with that. 

@beezeemarie Yes! That's how the smoothie works for me as well. I can't face the thought of eating in the morning but I'm always thirsty when I wake up so it's just a thick drink. I've googled here and there and picked up some tricks to make it more healthy and help with how I feel. Mine is coconut water, Spinch, and whatever fruit I toss in that day. Best part? My 6 year old is having spinach for breakfast and loves it! So win win. 
  • Options
    Nuts, fruit, and cheese. No carbs, dear lord no. I can't get them down. Yogurt and either berries or grapefruit was my go-to breakfast pre-pregnancy and luckily its still A-ok. I also drink a small glass of OJ first think in the morning - I wake up starving but food is just not gonna happen. I smoothie would be great if I had more time or was more organized, I have also considered a protein shake. Meat is iffy, I had to force down my chicken parm but the next day craved a really good steak. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    KEY LIME PIE!!! I have never been a fan of it until now.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Salt, dairy, carbs.  And fruit.   That's about it!  Everything else sounds awful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CytheCythe member
    Chicken and dumplings today, and I'm so sad that I'm full because I desire more. I know if I eat any more I'll have a bad time.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    @ChocolateIsLife Oh man, now I want Keylime pie. I saw them at Costco the other day, I wonder if that would be enough..?
  • Options
    Omg @ChocolateIsLife key like pie sounds absolutely amazing right now!  May have to make a run later!

Today I had homemade (with breadcrumbs) mac and cheese and ginger snaps.  So happy the diclegis meds work so I can eat!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just ordered some apple ginger mint tea from Steeped Tea and I'm pretty excited.  Hope this will replace my coffee since that just completely turns my stomach now. 
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    @sjohns08 I came to say the same! Thin mints and Samoas! <3
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    suddenly got a craving for goldfish crackers... no goldfish crackers in sight.

I had another burrito that sweet DH brought for me.... and I could not do it. In fact, it was the closest I had gotten to hurling. Sorry DH, so sweet, but so futile. 
  • Options
    @emgem819 and @gentk the key lime pie was amazing! So light and refreshing! I wanted steak so bad tonight, and DH made it, which is usually so good, but I could only eat a few bites before wanting to puke, and I felt so bad because he bought the high quality meat and had to cook it well done for me so he couldn't eat mine. The dogs had a nice treat though. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue I need to try that tea, it sounds delicious!

6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    @ChocolateIsLife I was feeling some envy about the pie until I saw how the steak made you feel. I'm so sorry!
    Ginger! Seriously. I sneak it into my smoothie and whatever else I can stand it in because it helps.

Now everyone has me thinking about tea blends...
  • Options
    emwj10187emwj10187 member
    edited March 2017
    I woke up with crazy cravings for all things sweet. In particular glazed donuts. I havent had a donut in like 5 years, so i treated myself to Dunkin Donuts Glazed Munchkins...whoopsie
    \

• Options
    Breakfast sandwiches  :D not the most healthy but I think I crave them because my nausea doesn't allow me to eat very much protein lately. 
  • Options
    I'm craving all the bad things, which is not how I usually eat (opposite). But just trying to get through this first trimester and eat what I can - carbs, some fruit, and some dairy. Salt and vinegar chips have been my friend also.
  • Options
    I just found out that Costco sells Olive Garden salad dressing!!!!!! For all of you who are craving OG, you're welcome! I just had the BEST salad for lunch!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I got a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch and couldn't even make myself eat it. I took 2 bites and was like nope, but then my son refused to eat his half of a grilled cheese sandwich so I ate that and it went down no problem. Then someone at my office had pizza and it smelt amazing to me so of course for an easy dinner I ordered pizza. Had to force myself to even eat 1 slice because I know I need to eat. I never had any food aversions with my first so this is just weird to me. I am hating this but at the same time the different symptoms let me know I'm still pregnant until I can go to the doctor in April when my insurance kicks in.
  • Options
    @sjohns08 & @keriflores Y'all are my kind of people for sure! Thin mints and samoas have been my jam lately!! 
  • Options
    Colombian bread. It's my new favorite thing. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I eat as much as I can before 3pm. Once 3pm hits I am so nauceous nothing sounds good to me.  11 weeks on Tuesday and it feels like this ms will never end.  I've lost 5 lbs :(
  • Options
    All I want these days are carbs, fruit and water with tons of ice. Now all I want key lime pie, like the entire pie, thanks @ChocolateIsLife
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @hiddenlake Do it! You will not be disappointed  :p It is so light and refreshing! All I want today is caprese salad <3
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Omg @chocolateislife I think we are the same person lol.  When I was down in FL last week, I went back to this Italian place I used to work and was craving a Capresse salad so bad! I ended up getting one and it was amazing: fresh tomatoes, basil, lots of garlic and fresh made mozzarella!  It was so good (and they have amazing garlic knots to go with it).  I could have eaten there every day seriously.
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker