November 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change | March 9

This check-in is for ladies whose tickers change over on Thursdays.  Your EDD is Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23 or 30.

*There are check-ins every day so please wait for your day to post.  If you do not see a check-in on your day, feel free to start it!*

1. How far along are you today?
2. How are you feeling?
3. Any appointments this week?  If not, when is your first appt. scheduled?
4. Rants/raves/questions
5. GTKY: What hobbies or activities do you enjoy?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thursday Ticker Change | March 9

• 1. How far along are you today?
    5 weeks!
    2. How are you feeling?
    Still exhausted, having food adversions and not hungry, but it's better than the all day sickness I had along with that for DD. I'm already having Charlie horses, so I'm ramping up my fluid intake. I started peeing every 20 minutes, so that's fun!  :p
    Nope. Our first appointment/ultrasound is April 5. It seems so far away. 
    4. Rants/raves/questions
    Nothing I can think of right now! But maybe a confession? I downloaded the What to Expect app and love going to community and reading all the posts there  :D
    Baking cupcakes, reading, crafting. Currently peeing on all the sticks is a fun pass time, too. 
    I'm 5 weeks today!
    2. How are you feeling?
    Good. I'm still nervous as can be and cannot wait until my ultrasound next week. I am super bloated though and already have to use a hair band to button my pants otherwise they're too snug. 
    I had my second beta on Tuesday. My ultrasound will be next Wednesday, the 15th. 
    4. Rants/raves/questions
    Nothing yet.
    I love crafting and making tshirts. I'm currently making bunnies and easter bags which are a lot of fun.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
         5 weeks
    2. How are you feeling?

Super tired 

I get a call back today with when my first two appts are scheduled but they won't be until end of March/early April.
    4. Rants/raves/questions

TW... I have a loss history. The way my OB does appts is that for the first one, it's purely informative and all about testing, how prenatal care will look in general, etc. They won't even try to listen to the heartbeat with a Doppler. Why?! It'll be more than late enough and the idea of investing the emotion in a first appointment where I can't even put my mind at ease is really messing with me.

Running, knitting, and reading are my favs. I also write a bit here and there and have the typical "someday I'll write the great American novel" thing going on. :)

Mommy to four +1, EDD November 9th!

Come visit my new blog @ sixpickhappy.wordpress.com!

• @CubsFan7 that's exciting you have a ultrasound next week! I'm jealous :) 
  • @CubsFan7 that's exciting you have a ultrasound next week! I'm jealous :) 
    I am working with a RE so they have to do an ultrasound to see the baby before they release you to your regular doctor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited March 2017
    @roliepoliecoley4 I hope your Charlie Horses go away soon.

@Cubsfan7 GL at your ultrasound next week!

@libfish825 Sorry for your loss history. Could you ask them to schedule an early ultrasound for you?

AFM:

1. 4 Weeks Today! Due 11/16.

2. Symptoms are pretty mild at this point. Slight breast tenderness, bloating, and increased thirst. I'm also a little more tired, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm on progesterone though, so that could be contributing to these symptoms.

3. I had my second beta drawn on Tuesday, and my numbers more than doubled, which is great. My first ultrasound is on 3/27 at 6.5 weeks. *TW* I have two previous losses, so I'm working with an RE for early management of this pregnancy. Assuming that appointment goes well, I'll be released to my OB. *TW*

4. Rants: my endocrinologist is out on maternity leave, and the doctors covering for her are not managing my thyroid care appropriately. I had to call them three times yesterday pushing for follow-up bloodwork in the first tri. 

Rave: I love, love, LOVE my PCP. She is awesome. I sent her a message yesterday asking her opinion about my thyroid, and she responded in 2 hours. And her advice is in line with standard of care for my thyroid. Love her!

5. Knitting and reading mostly. H and I also spend a lot of time cuddled on the couch watching movies.
  • @RiverSong15 I'm so glad your PCP is working with you on your thyroid issue! How frustrating to be put off by your endocrinologist.