August 2017 Moms
Options

Baby boy names?

Mama_SassMama_Sass member
edited March 2017 in August 2017 Moms
I recently found out we are having another boy.  We are so lost when it comes to boy names.  My other two boys are Gavin and Logan, I'd like to keep the name ending with the letter N just like his brothers.  His middle name will more than likely be Joseph.

Any suggestions to help us?  Thank you so much in advance.
BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerSaveSaveSaveSave

Re: Baby boy names?

• Options
    Colin, Landon, Nolan, Ryan

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We were set on Julian for this babe til we found out it's a girl. Now I'm lost too, lol! 

Julian Augustus, nickname Gus maybe

good luck mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are considering Hudson (DH grew up on Hudson, but we live in MA, and it mean's Hugh's son and Hugh is a family name for me). It doesn't go great with our last name though. Our lead is Callum, but DH is still not set on it. I am prob going to be asking for help myself

Nolan does sound like a good fit with the sibilings. Then I think of the more obvious Aiden, or the less obvious Eamon.

I went to Nameberry and did a search where you can select last letter N and there were too many to even begin... Boden. Braedon. Caden. Colton... (Colton was our boy's name for DD1)...

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    We are using Anderson James and going to call him A.J per my husbands request. We are still in shock that we get a boy. We had two girls already so we never expected a boy.  I really like Nolan with Gavin and Logan and it mean champion or noble!
  • Options
    We were set on Julian for this babe til we found out it's a girl. Now I'm lost too, lol! 

Julian Augustus, nickname Gus maybe

good luck mama!
    My husband could have sworn we were having a girl..lol.  Girl names were so easy for us and there's so many options and pretty names.  I have a big a family and most of the boy names I'd consider are taken..lol.  Loved Kellen and then one of my cousin's had a boy and that's what his name is.

Good luck to you as well! :smile:
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you edit the title to say something like "baby boy names" it might be clearer what you're asking for those who just skim the boards.

I'm in the same boat. When I found out it's a boy I looked at the name list I have... and 90% of the list is girl names. Completely lost on boy names...Family names are no help either. They are either completely not my style or so old world religious that I would feel bad saddling a modern baby with them.

For your instance, I think Ryan goes really well with Gavin and Logan. Modern, shorter, but a nice solid name.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Nolan :)
  • Options
    Tristan, Brandon/Brendon/Brennen, Tobin, Rowan, Darwin
  • Options
    I second Colin and Hudson. Hudson is on our name list if we have a boy, and Colin is my brothers name which I've always loved.

Some more that I can think of just from people we know's kids names are:
    Paxton
    Brayden
    Grayson
    Cohen 
    Harrison
    Lincoln
    Benton 
    Holden
    Owen
    Weston 

wow never noticed how popular the N ending is!

Good Luck, I think boys names are tough. Haven't had to pick on yet but I think this baby might be a boy so it's coming up soon! 
  • Options
    Aaron, Brandon, Bryan/Brian - those all are a little more traditional I guess, but I like them with your boys' names.  I like Nolan too 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are planning to use Parker if it's a boy but other names we had/have are Blake, Ben, Aiden, Colton
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    Mama_Sass said:
    I recently found out we are having another boy.  We are so lost when it comes to boy names.  My other two boys are Gavin and Logan, I'd like to keep the name ending with the letter N just like his brothers.  His middle name will more than likely be Joseph.

Our 2 yo son's first & middle names are Landon Grayson...all end in N's.

Another name I like that my friend has for her son is Tristan. I've heard Mason and that one is nice too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thistle8677thistle8677 member
    edited March 2017
    My only son is named Caleb.
    We are having a girl, but some of the boy names we liked were:
    Kieran 
    Felix
    Emiliano

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kmwillskmwills member
    edited March 2017
    I love Gavin & Logan!  Trying to talk DH into Logan for this baby.  We have an Owen, so that's what I would suggest for you.  Good luck!

ETA:  boy names are so hard!  When we found out this baby is a boy, DD said she literally has 6,000 pretty girl name ideas and zero for a boy!  I lol'd at "literally" 6,000. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Options
    Boy names are so hard for me to, I have had a girl name picked out since I found out I am pregnant with my first which was a boy. I find out the 4th what this little one will be so I will know then if I will have to find a boy name of use the girl name I've picked out. I agree with PP who mentioned Nameberry, its a good way to find baby names. Our DS's name is Keaton and my husband likes Bryton if it's a boy this time.
  • Options
    I'm having a similar problem.  My boys' names both end with "n" and if we have another boy, I feel like we almost have to choose a name that ends in "n" in order to sound nicely together.  I'm definitely using a name that starts with "c" to honor my grandmother who passed away last year.  I'd prefer the first name to start with "c" as opposed to the middle name, but nothing is really jumping out at me now.

With your names, I like Ryan, Owen, Aidan and Mason.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MetsGirl18 I'm sure you have looked at all ideas but I like Colin, Colton, Christian. 
  • Options
    dma0389 said:
    Mama_Sass said:

Our 2 yo son's first & middle names are Landon Grayson...all end in N's.

Another name I like that my friend has for her son is Tristan. I've heard Mason and that one is nice too.
    I have a very big family and a lot of the boy names I like are taken.  My husband always loved the name Landon but there's no way we could use that name bc I have a cousin Landon, the same with Mason as well.  Love the name Mason.
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    While I respect families that give everyone their own name, mine just doesn't care. We name kids after people. There are three Brads and three Johns and four Davids and five Anne/Annie/Annas (it didn't help that at one point two Davids and one Brad were married to Anne). My kid (if boy) will have the same first name as my cousin's kid, but while hers is Robert, mine would be Bobby. SO's family is the same way - tons of Damiens, Dominics, Madeline/Madelegnas, and Theodores.

Anyway, my advice is to not let the fact that someone else has the same first name stop you from using a name you love. The family will adapt, whether by giving a crazy nickname (Wub for David), by using a last initial (John O), or just by understanding who's being talked to/about in context.