May 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday/AW Rants 03.08

I know it's late in the day, but I think we could all use a WTF Wednesday to rant.

Let's commiserate!

Re: WTF Wednesday/AW Rants 03.08

• Options
    Today started out really decent, SIL and I went over to MIL's house to hang out and everything was fine until DD (1.5-ish) decided it was the end of the world when we went on a grocery store run. Not only did I run into an old friend mid shit fit, it took everything within me not to flip off the 15y/o girl who gave me a dirty look. I don't think I've been this frustrated, embarrassed and defeated in a long time. I'm relieved she's asleep now, but god I need a really strong drink so I'm just going to eat nachos and cry instead.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 Keep us posted! I hope you don't have to go into L&D early though, that's scary!
  • Options
    I just can't get comfortable right now. I feel like my stomach is about to explode, acid reflux is really bad, can barely breath, and my back is sore. I've been groaning and resituating myself for the past hour and a half. I just want to fall asleep and start over tomorrow.
  • Options
    Thanks @OmegaRose3. The doc called back and she said that since the BH have decreased to just watch for now. I'm a little nervous because unlike real labor these don't have the same clear start and stop and I worry I might be missing some, but I'm glad they aren't super concerned.
  • Options
    @kat81 oh hell to the no!!!
  • Options
    I just can't get comfortable right now. I feel like my stomach is about to explode, acid reflux is really bad, can barely breath, and my back is sore. I've been groaning and resituating myself for the past hour and a half. I just want to fall asleep and start over tomorrow.
    Ughh YES. My stomach feels so stretched out today like it's going to explode. I'm hungry but I feel like there isn't possibly any room left! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @kat81 that mom's wtf is awful! The other mom was very inconsiderate to ask that. I hope she said no.

Mine isn't anywhere near as bad but:
    WTF nausea. I thought I was done with you. First time in months I've pushed myself to actually cook some healthy food on a weeknight after being exhausted from teaching and I throw up absolutely everything. Hoping this is a fluke. Feeling so yucky.
  • Options
    @kat81 Some people...wow, I hope she said no.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing this @OmegaRose3! I'm seriously regretting eating bacon wrapped jalapeños for dinner. My ulcerative colitis + those is making for a very upset colon. That on top of braxton hicks is making for a not so fun night. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    WTF smoke detectors! Why do you keep going off randomly day and night?! Your batteries have all been changed multiple times and every unit checked by the fire department and gas maintenance worker. When one goes off, all do, because they are electronically connected throughout the house. Wtfffff! Worst noise ever! I'm replacing every one of them with battery only ones first thing tomorrow.  
  • Options
    hp_momma said:
    Ughh YES. My stomach feels so stretched out today like it's going to explode. I'm hungry but I feel like there isn't possibly any room left! 
    This is how I was feeling all day yesterday!  It was sooo uncomfortable.  I had the day off because of chemo but honestly my worst symptom was my giant pregnancy belly.
  • Options
    starphish18starphish18 member
    edited March 2017
    @kat81 That story baffles me. Like you said, even assuming the one clueless mom (mom B ) had no clue the other mom (mom A) had special needs children, why would mom B possibly assume mom A would want to watch HER (mom B's) kids while they're at the same conference. Clearly, mom A went through the trouble of making plans for her kids to stay home. That alone should be indication to mom B that mom A isn't looking to babysit at this thing. I don't get it.
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    @kat81 That story baffles me. Like you said, even assuming the one clueless mom (mom B ) had no clue the other mom (mom A) had special needs children, why would mom B possibly assume mom A would want to watch HER (mom B's) kids while they're at the same conference. Clearly, mom A went through the trouble of making plans for her kids to stay home. That alone should be indication to mom B that mom A isn't looking to babysit at this thing. I don't get it.
    EXACTLY. No matter what, mom B is in the wrong. I think it's especially obtuse given that there is childcare offered. When I go to conferences I don't bring my husband, which means I don't go through huge hoops to make arrangements for the kids (it's also possible that mom B didn't realize mom A was bringing her DH). In that case I would offer to watch someone's kid for 1-2 key sessions. Mom B was bringing her kid and her DH, and there was one session they were co-chairing, so they do need childcare then, presumably, at a minimum. I'd probably offer that to a close friend if there were no other sessions I wanted to attend at that time...AND if there was no childcare offered by the conference. But with the conference offering childcare, I'm sorry, there is no reason you should ask ANYONE else to watch the kid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hp_momma said:
    This is how I was feeling all day yesterday!  It was sooo uncomfortable.  I had the day off because of chemo but honestly my worst symptom was my giant pregnancy belly.
    This is what my BH feel like - my belly gets tight and firm for a minuet they're not painful, not even uncomfortable, I just feel them. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    RedInLove said:
    hp_momma said:
    This is what my BH feel like - my belly gets tight and firm for a minuet they're not painful, not even uncomfortable, I just feel them. 
    This is how my BH are too - it always makes me worried that I'm having more than I realize because often the only way I know I'm having one is if I touch my belly. I asked my doctor and he said some people just have an "irritable uterus" (I know my words don't all match up but I didn't want to deal with the plural of uterus...). 
  • Options
    WTF to he right side of my face randomly breaking out. 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    RedInLove said:
    hp_momma said:
    This is how my BH are too - it always makes me worried that I'm having more than I realize because often the only way I know I'm having one is if I touch my belly. I asked my doctor and he said some people just have an "irritable uterus" (I know my words don't all match up but I didn't want to deal with the plural of uterus...). 
    Last time, my OB said I had an irritable uterus. I seriously have them all the time. It's almost constant. And I had to be induced late with DD. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    I have an irritable uterus as well. I have contractions all the freaking time and they never do anything. Doctor checks my cervix (via ultrasound) each appointment just to make sure they're not "productive" contractions 
  • Options
    My stomach is always tight but I've never considered it BH contractions. Mainly because it lasts for hours rather than just for small amounts of time... 

With DD1 and DD2 I swore I was never having any contractions when the doctors would ask at my appts, but then by my 36wk cervical check I was 2cm dialated with both girls, so I must have been having some sort of contractions! If only my true labor contractions were that painless... 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited March 2017
    RedInLove said:
    hp_momma said:
    Last time, my OB said I had an irritable uterus. I seriously have them all the time. It's almost constant. And I had to be induced late with DD. 
    I've never had my BH experience called an irritable uterus. They are the same this pregnancy as with DD so I never gave it any more thought. Interesting, and now I want to Dr. Google it. 

ETA I had DD on her due date, and labor was very sudden and quick - I almost didn't make it to L&D even with a ride from the fire department. I wonder if they're related?

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    hp_momma said:

With DD1 and DD2 I swore I was never having any contractions when the doctors would ask at my appts, but then by my 36wk cervical check I was 2cm dialated with both girls, so I must have been having some sort of contractions! If only my true labor contractions were that painless... 
    Amen to that. I was walking around at 3cm for two weeks before going into labor, and I said to the doc, "That was easy! Surely the rest of the way will be the same, right?" ForeheadPalm. Couldn't be further from the truth.
  • Options
    Wtf husband. You had the day off without a toddler and our house still looks like someone broke in and rummaged to find our non existent hidden treasure and/or a toddler tornado hit. I was so looking forward to not having to waddle around cleaning this weekend.