July 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 3/8

edited March 2017 in July 2017 Moms
What's making you say WTF today??

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes by starting this. Forgive me if I did.
Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday 3/8

• Options
    Mine might be more of an annoyance that a WTF but why do people think it's okay to stare (I mean hardcore stare) at me now that I am showing / obviously pregnant??

I know little kids will do it at times and I don't mind that so much but I'm talking about grown a$$ adults.... So many times I have wanted to say "YES I am pregnant does that answer your question..." ugh
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @yellow1daisy - Oh I'd be so annoyed and would have hung up on them lol.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    MrsLa3 said:
    Mine might be more of an annoyance that a WTF but why do people think it's okay to stare (I mean hardcore stare) at me now that I am showing / obviously pregnant??

I know little kids will do it at times and I don't mind that so much but I'm talking about grown a$$ adults.... So many times I have wanted to say "YES I am pregnant does that answer your question..." ugh
    I'm guilty of this. Partly because I'm like "oh girl btdt, that looks like it hurts" and because I'm like "awww look there's a baby in there." 
    @MrsLa3 - Lol yeah I didn't think of it that way. This morning I had a woman stare at me for a good 5 minutes without saying anything lol and I was getting irritated with it.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited March 2017
    MrsLa3 said:

I'm guilty of this. Partly because I'm like "oh girl btdt, that looks like it hurts" and because I'm like "awww look there's a baby in there." 
    @MrsLa3 - Lol yeah I didn't think of it that way. This morning I had a woman stare at me for a good 5 minutes without saying anything lol and I was getting irritated with it.
    I won't stare per se but I definitely get a big smile on my face (awkward!!! lol) or for parents with littles I also smile with the stupid "omg they are so cute" look.  I'm the opposite.  I love the pregnant belly.  Stare away!!! :P 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    I have a good WTF.  I bitched here yesterday about my lack of a reliable printer (and ink) and was going to bring it up to my boss when he walked into my office and asked me how the printer was going. Then he mentioned one he had been looking at and told me to check it out.  I sent him a review/opinion this morning and am just hoping so bad that he walks in here with that new printer by the end of the week LOL!  But seriously ... it's like he read my mind.  Wtf?!
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    alcrimminsalcrimmins member
    edited March 2017
    My WTF is myself. Why is it so hard to understand that food on the stove or in the over is hot?  :s I have burned myself four times in the last week. 
  • Options
    My WTF goes to my boss who used sexist, patronizing language to wish me and another colleague Happy Women's Day. I don't think it was intentional, but referring to me as "out little Brainiac", and another colleague as"out little safety girl" makes my blood boil. Men would never be referred to in that way. "Our little safety boy" wouldn't cross their minds as an appropriate thing to say. 
    Oh man I would have been so angry. This is a perfect example of how far we still have to go. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My WTF is myself. Why is it so hard to understand that food on the stove or in the over is hot?  :s I have burned myself four times in the last week. 
    I'm so sorry, I'm the same lol. I placed a hot tray on the counter and bent over and it hit my head. Thank God it didn't scar !! (I used silicon sheets btw so if u want to save that burn silicon sheets is the way to go!!! Cannot reccomend enough)
  • Options
    My WTF goes to another SAHM who must just be 'better than me' at being a SAHM because she had loads of criticism and comments about how sick our family has been since thanksgiving. Actually telling me they sit around and wonder what I do wrong because my kid always has a virus. Umm what? Oh, thanks a-hole because I'm not upset enough my toddler has been sick as hell for a almost a week. It's called I take my child in public and he gets a contagious virus from somewhere?! Or it's called he has grade school aged cousins and we go over and BAM he's sick a few days later. Guess I'm not suppose to leave the house ever, or hang out with family. I mean, come on with the rude ass comments. Guess I'm a horrible mom?! Ugh. 
  • Options
    My wtf is that DS's nebulizer part broke. Not the machine, just the part the medicine goes in. I've had to call insurance, pharmacy, and the nurse to get a new prescription, which she hasn't called me back yet. I cannot stand the nurse she never calls me back, I end up calling two or three more times. Backstory: were trying to prevent asthma, so he needs this, it's not something we can skip a treatment for and he didn't get a treatment this morning. 
  • Options
    @SquirttheTurtle exactly!!! I felt so judged and annoyed as hell by the whole convo. And for the record, I know her LO has been sick several times but she must be having selective memory loss!! Lol I wasn't going to start listing all the times her toddler was sick last winter, because it wasn't my point. Just rude all around. She's the same one who told me "well I actually like my husbands company alone so we won't co sleep." When I told her we were co sleeping a while back. I was floored at the rude comment. Umm I'm sorry you only bone your husband in a bed at night....I bone mine all over the house Day and night so please tell me how much I don't like my husbands company. **eyerolls** 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 Glass houses.  Just sayin'. LOL
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited March 2017
    @LoveLee85 Glass houses.  Just sayin'. LOL
    LOL I know, but you had to hear the way she said it and the look on her face! 

Eta: and I didn't say to to her, just in my head...she said that comment to me in the rudest way. @SquirttheTurtle
  • Options
    My WTF goes to the mom or anyone who lets their very young kid wander the mall food court by themselves. Today I was at the mall eating with DS and my best friend, and this little boy, no older than 2-3, came up to us smiling and playing with my son, no biggie cause I thought his family were the people sitting at the next table (since he was just hanging with them before he came to us) but my friend was a better observer because she then pointed out to me his mom was in fact a woman sitting on her phone across the entire food court. No exaggeration. We let him sit and play with my son while we ate, his mom was on her phone the entire time not even looking in his direction. So as we finish we tell him we're leaving go ahead and go back to mommy, he didn't talk, and he went to follow us. So we walked him up to his mom, asked is this your son? And she's like "yeah", continues with her phone convo. It made me so livid I told her to please pay attention to him, anyone can wander off with him. She gave me a dirty look and turned as her son went in another direction. At that point I felt helpless. I didn't know what else to do. I still feel like shit.. 
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    My WTF goes to another SAHM who must just be 'better than me' at being a SAHM because she had loads of criticism and comments about how sick our family has been since thanksgiving. Actually telling me they sit around and wonder what I do wrong because my kid always has a virus. Umm what? Oh, thanks a-hole because I'm not upset enough my toddler has been sick as hell for a almost a week. It's called I take my child in public and he gets a contagious virus from somewhere?! Or it's called he has grade school aged cousins and we go over and BAM he's sick a few days later. Guess I'm not suppose to leave the house ever, or hang out with family. I mean, come on with the rude ass comments. Guess I'm a horrible mom?! Ugh. 
    What?...I'm so perplexed by this.  My nephews have been sick on and off since the oldest started school last fall.  Then, the younger one get sick, too.  I know that the boys take vitamins, wash hands, bathe regularly, etc, but it's just what happens when kids are around other kids.  What is she going to do when her LO starts school?...Put him in a bubble?  Kids get sick.  Kids get other kids sick.  
    Plus, getting sick with normal viruses and whatnot is actually good for building an immune system...
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    @LoveLee85 WTF?! Who even has time for that? 
  • Options
    @lovelee85 I don't get that at all, they would totally stare at me and think about my germ habits because I can't remember the last time I could easily breathe through my nose. They should mind their own damn business!
  • Options
    oheliza44oheliza44 member
    edited March 2017
    @MrsLa3 did you get your son's nebulizer issue figured out? Dealing with the doctor's office, pharmacy, and insurance company all in one day sounds like a nightmare. :(

• Options
    Wow @ginger1228 - I'm sorry your mom is being so difficult. It's clear she has a lot of her own stuff going on based on how she reacted to your pregnancy announcement. Could you try to set some boundaries around the sort of advice you want from her? Would she understand that you feel like she is overstepping when she offers advice on things you've already decided?

~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    Thanks @lph4248. I honestly don't know how to talk to her about it. She gets her feelings hurt soooo easily and everything turns in to her being the victim. I know I need to say something at some point bc eventually I'm going to lose my cool and explode on her. 

She has some health problems (diabetes, plus heart issues) and she doesn't take care of herself. I think she's depressed about it and it affects how she is all the time now. She had a massive heart attack almost 2 years ago and was diagnosed with diabetes at that time and just doesn't seem to want to come to terms with it. She's miserable to be around. She's always been critical - just little things like "you're going to wear your hair like that?" Or making it clear she doesn't like something I've picked out. It's always been annoying but it's even worse now that she's critical of how I am as a parent. 
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    Oohhhhh, heck no! I am furious for you. 
  • Options
    My WTF is going to my husbands basketball banquet. DH coaches HS bball and tonight is the banquet. We left the kids at home and got dressed nicely for some Outback Steakhouse. 

We get here at 5 and I see there's no seat for me at the coaches table. Cool, I'll sit with random players/parents. It's NOW 6:45 and we are STILL listening to awards and haven't eaten a DAMN thing. I'm starving and need to get home to get the kids in bath/bed. 

WTF - I can see/smell all the good food and I'm sitting here listening to coaches talk about kids I don't know. Ugh
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    Ooh I've got one! 
    I'm at a public meeting with a client - mostly just bc I live the closest, I don't work with this client a ton. 
    So I was talking to someone and one of the client employees came up and started saying how they hired me bc of my hairdo,and starts PETTING MY HEAD.
    So awkward!
    Plus, of course, they didn't hire me at all, I was assigned to this project bc the girl before me quit.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @supermom83 it's just so uncalled for. She really isn't a b....but she just doesn't think before she speaks at times. It's so frustrating. 
  • Options
    I went to get one of my patients from the waiting room and she was on her cell phone.  And I was like "Ms. Whatever" and looked at her and smiled... which normally prompts people to get off their phone. But she get gets up and continues her phone conversation while we walk back to the room, so I'm thinking that maybe it's important. No. It was definitely a conversation about her meal planning for the week (that she's already completed). So we get to the room and she sits down and still doesn't get off her phone and I'm just standing there looking at her while holding her chart like a crazy-person. So I interrupted her and said I would return when she got off the phone, and she gave me a weird look for interrupting... and stayed on the phone for another few minutes. 

She turned out to be super nice when I came back to the room, but come on, I have a schedule to keep, and shit to do. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @GlitterFish
    I'd have a hard time not losing my cool if someone started petting my hair! That's so not okay invading someone's personal space like that. 
  • Options
    mamaspraggiemamaspraggie member
    edited March 2017
    So, I haven't posted on here in a LONG time, but I figured this would be an ok thread to explain what I've been up to since my life has been one big WTF recently. *if you want the short story skip the long paragraphs*. 

Everything started back in December, when we announced our pregnancy. We thought everyone would be so excited for us, and they were, except one person. DH's sister. She never said one word when we told her and her reaction was snarky. She's the jealous type. Like REALLY jealous, and loves all the attention on her. And lately DH and I have been getting all the attention because we got married a year ago, bought a house, he joined the military, and now the baby. 

Fast forward about a month. We get a call from DH's mom in tears (on her birthday btw) and tells us his sister is pregnant. Great. Soon to find out she purposefully stopped taking her birth control in January, right after we announced the pregnancy. She's 18, not married, no job, and living with her dad. Her boyfriend is so wonderful too, which I'll get to in a second. But basically, she announced her pregnancy thinking she'd get the same reaction as me and DH, but she most certainly didn't. Which really drove her crazy. She swears up and down that her relationship is just as important and exactly the same as me and my husband, even though she'd only been with her BF for 3 months before getting knocked up. But now, she's turned it into a competition which has been extremely stressful on me. 

About a week later we find out her wonderful boyfriend has been dealing with illegal matters. The kind of stuff that puts you behind bars for 20 years minimum. Does she leave him? No, she wants to be a "ride or die" girlfriend and he's her "family" now. So with all the stress and the back and forth fighting between everyone in the family, we think it can't get worse. Well, it did. A week ago her BF's house got raided, and they found out her BF stole my husbands and father in laws hunting guns from them, because they were at my FIL's house tucked in the basement. Needless to say my FIL is pressing charges and the punk is in jail and has court next month. But, of course, my SIL still loves him and visits him everyday despite what he did to the family. We just hope he gets locked up for awhile so she can get some sense knocked into her. But now I finally feel a little more peace that he's gone, and hope things go smoothly from here. I can't handle anymore of this stress. 

So i guess, long story short my SIL got pregnant to try and get the spotlight off of me, but that plan backfired and now we're dealing with her baby daddy being locked up and her being a blind lovesick child. She got the attention on her, but not the kind she wanted. Seriously, these past few months have been such a WTF. 

Because of all this drama, everyone seems to be forgetting about my pregnancy because we're so busy with her. It's horrible, especially since this is my first child and will be both of our parents first grand baby. 

Since my family isn't too worried about my pregnancy, I post a lot on FB to get support from other people. Which has led to one of my FB friends who is exactly a month behind me in her pregnancy also trying to obviously compete. If I post a status about baby, she does too. If I post a bump pic she posts a bump pic. I announced baby's gender at 20 weeks and she went to get a blood test the very next day so she could announce her baby's gender too. I've noticed with a couple other people too, and how I notice other pregnant woman "side-eyeing" my bump in public.

So I guess a WTF for me is, why does it seem like so many pregnant women want to compete? Why can't we all just be happy for each other! I Feel like I might be the only one who notices that. It's so childish to me. Does anyone else notice this, or am I just crazy? 

Anyway, this was sooooo long but I wanted to get back and give an explanation I guess, and also maybe entertain some people with my dramatic WTF life lol. 
  • Options
    @mamaspraggie that was quite the story lol. Honestly, I feel awful for you but terrible for your sister in law... she's so young, and in such a fragile situation, I really hope she gets some sense knocked into her... maybe being "friends" with her will sort her craziness out? (Make her feel important too, take her into confidence?) 

I haven't had any random people side eyeing me at all, everyone has been pretty nice, the only person who has been bad has in fact been my SIL. As soon as she found out, she just put on this big fake toothy smile. No hug no awww congrats none of that. Instead she said oh no wonder your walking like that...
    Secondly, she started pushing gender on me(yeap u get to decide what I'm having) and it wasn't coming from a good place. Thirdly, she conveniently decided to cut us off over some stupid argument my H and her had... so I think it's more of a SIL thing lol. 
  • Options
    @BusyZee SIL can definitely be troublesome. I've had a love-hate relationship with mine. We used to be close once she got over her phase of hating me for "stealing" her brother. But whenever a boy got involved she went crazy. Constantly comparing herself to me and H. She's a totally different person when she's single. The boy she's with now totally took advantage of her and the situation, but she's being impossible to reason with and will listen to no one which makes it hard to feel sorry for her, but I definitely still do. Deep down maybe, but I do lol. I tried giving her a shoulder to cry on only to be pushed away. So at this point it's a waiting game. Once she realizes she won't be seeing her BF for 2-7 years, she'll most likely finally accept our help. 

My SIL pretty much gave that same reaction as yours did. Backhanded comments and fakeness. She also said that we HAVE to have a girl, only because her and my husband have been fighting for years on who will use their late grandfathers name. Well, that didn't work out for her either since we're having a boy and using the name!

Everyone grows up eventually though, so at this moment in time we just have to be the mature ones in these types of situations and hope for resolution later!
  • Options
    Loool same!!!!! OmG.
    My H lost his bestest friend when he was 17...and really wanted a boy for that reason, and I don't have a brother so naturally I wanted to know what's it like to have a boy... she knows the entire story of my mum wanting boys too, and she goes, your going to have a girl! With her big fake fugly toothy smile. Are you feeling sick?i was like "No.." (who asks are you feeling "sick")
    Grrrr 
    she's older than me btw, she's like 7-8 years older !! 
    maybe all SIL should sync up lol I wonder how they'd treat each other! 
    @mamaspraggie
  • Options
    @BusyZee
    seriously! I think they'd all just sit around a fire telling stories about how "horrible" their brother's wife is. 
    I thought getting a SIL would mean I'd get a new sister/bff, but evidence shows that's rarely the case in the real world lol.
    I'm a firm believer it's just jealousy. Like she would constantly talk about how my H is her best friend, which I would then tell him and he'd just laugh considering he hadn't actually spent quality time with her in years! But someone being 8 years older than you and still acting like that?? I think it's time for her to put some grown up pants on. 

then again, I meet women in their 50s that never have anything nice to say. Some people just don't know how to hold their tongue.