April 2016 Moms
Options

Any other babies trying to drop the 2nd nap?

10 m/o DS2 has taken one nap a day for the last 3 days and it's killing me. DD1 was still at 3 naps/day at this age. My kids are quick to drop each of their naps, but they've never been this young!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any other babies trying to drop the 2nd nap?

• Options
    Mine is down to 1 a day. But it's a 3 hour nap taken around noon. I actually prefer it. I feel like I have more flexibility to plan around it. 
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yikes! DS just went from 3 to 2 naps in the past few weeks! I just wish his naps would lengthen - he was taking 3 1 hour naps and now it's 2 maaaaybe 1:15 naps. I would almost rather have just one nice, long one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS is down to one nap a day (most days).  She usually goes down around 1:30 and sleeps to about 4:30.
  • Options
    Naps are a nightmare, a literal nightmare! DS takes 3 naps a day, but those naps ranges from 10 minutes to 1.5 hours. For example, two days ago he took 3 one hour naps...awesome! But yesterday his first nap was about 10 minutes, second was closer to 20.....third was also short. I also have to rock him to sleep for naps, and I have tried letting him fuss/CIO for naps, but he just gets too worked up so that method doesn't work. I'm trying to lengthen his awake times to about 2.5 to 3 hours. He is just so grumpy when he is tired. He STTN though, so there's that. 
  • Options
    My little dude has been on the one nap a day bit for a couple weeks now.  It can range anywhere from an hour to 2 hours.  He's up for quite a bit of a stretch before bed depending on when he wakes up from his nap.  Like loveymay's DS he does sleep through the night, a solid 10-12 hours and our ped isn't concerned with his lack of wanting to nap.
  • Options
    DD just went to 2 naps from 3 about a month ago. She's starting to shorten both naps so I'm wondering if the one nap transition is coming soon. I'm looking forward to it. It's so much easier to work around one nap than two. 
  • Options
    I agree with other moms that it is certainly easier to get out and about when they're only taking one nap/day, but when you've got three other kids and meals to make, those 2 naps come in handy. Glad to know my guy is not the only one.
  • Options
    DS dropped to two naps more than a month ago. He was super sick two weeks ago and started needing a third nap about a week ago. I've heard about dropping naps but adding them?! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    R has been on two naps for a while, but it has seemed lately like she might be dropping one... Usually 1 hour at 9/10 and another at 1 ish, so it wouldn't be too drastic for them to combine. 

Course she's also growing in new teeth so who knows.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Oh yes my DS has been boycotting the second nap. DD did the same thing at the same age. My kids just hate me I think, lol. DS seems to have moved his one nap to around 10:30, but it's still a two to two and a half hour nap. Unfortunately, it's been a nightmare late in the afternoon cuz he's so tired. We try to stretch him to at least 6 pm before putting him to bed. The sucky thing is that he's teething all the time so he doesn't sleep through the night either. Not even with infants Motrin. :(
    I married the man of my dreams June 2, 2007!