September 2017 Moms
Options

Plus Size 3/8

SuzieMay827SuzieMay827 member
edited March 2017 in September 2017 Moms
Good morning ladies! So as the resurrection thread stated I agree that weekly check ins are getting kind of lame in general and are more of a post and go style instead of a conversation starter. So I was thinking we could do something different this week. Please feel free to post about goals and struggles as they relate to being plus sized, but feel free to talk about anything and everything. The one thing I want to keep this week (and we'll see how this goes and what you ladies think of changing the format) is the GTKY because that's generally fun. Otherwise, just have fun :)

GTKY: what is the best present you have ever given our received?
Me: 26 DH:25
Married:August 2015
TTC #1 since April 2016

Re: Plus Size 3/8

• Options
    This week I gained 2 lbs. I don't know how I feel about it because I'm 14w4d now and I have a noticeable bump now (beyond my normal tummy). I'm glad little man is growing, but it's still tough to see the scale go up when you are already body conscious.

I'm thinking about posting a HDBD pic, but I'm self conscious.

On another note, my doctor is piloting a program called Baby Scripts. Basically this company sends you a scale and BP cuff that connects to an app that you and your doctor can monitor and it alerts your doctor if something looks wrong. It's pretty cool but I can't for the life of me figure out how to hook up the BP cuff. Anybody else using this?

GTKY: what is the best present you have ever given or received?
    A few years ago I got my husband a Forever Lazy which is basically an adult onesie with a butt flap and everything. The company had a mix up and gave me 4 of them. When I called to ask what to do with the extras they said to just keep them free of charge. DH wears one occasionally, but I LOVE them. They look totally absurd but are the most comfy pajamas ever.
    TTC #1 since April 2016
  • Options
    This is a great idea! Thanks @SuzieMay827!

AFM, I'm cruising through to the 2nd tri next week. Can't wait. Every app and article says I should be getting some energy back, let's hope for that soon. I broke down on Friday when my bff's puppy that we're watching peed on my bed. I was beyond exausted so it was just bad timing on her part. I had to call DH to come home from his friend's house to take care of the pup. I was just done. He did and was happy to. But I still felt bad. My goals this week are to start doing yoga and keep up the walking. I'm craving healthier foods, so that's great. Strawberries FTW!

The best gift we ever gave was 2 Christmas's ago when DH & I flew his oldest brother up from Alabama. The family had not seen him for 5+ years. We hid him at our house until xmas eve and then had MIL & FIL close their eyes. They were SO surprised and the whole family was bawling. It was a wonderful xmas present for everyone!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @latershrader Omg I completely understand about the dog. I have two weiner dogs who are normally pretty well trained but the other day I noticed one had peed on the floor right before I had to run out the door for work. I seriously was tearing up thinking about cleaning it when I decided to just pretend I didn't see it and let DH take care of it at lunch
    TTC #1 since April 2016
  • Options
    @latershrader That gift is amazing. Also, I have 5 dogs. They got in the trash yesterday and left coffee grounds all over the floor. I was so upset about having to clean it up. Ended up leaving the coffee for DH to clean. It's his coffee anyway. I did clean up the rest of the mess. 

I'm doing okay this week. Trying to be more active, but I'm still so tired. It's not easy. I'm not quite 12 weeks yet. Hoping things will get easier soon. 

The best gift I ever received: For our wedding/Christmas (we got married 12/19), DH tracked down a Disney wedding cake snow globe. They don't make them any more. I told DH in passing that I used to have a collection of snow globes (a lot of Disney ones), but they all got messed up in my parents' attic. I couldn't believe he thought of it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @SuzieMay827 I understand the feeling. I gained 2 lbs this week too.  I was really hoping to not gain weight until the last trimester. I wanted to be good about food this week, but I've only been able to stomach horrible food.

• Options
    Do you all think I should count from where I was pre-pregnancy in regards to weight? I lost 11lbs from MS in Jan/Feb. I've gained back 1lb since then. Or go with my lowest since being preg?

@bridge-and-wall & @SuzieMay827 Dogs, puppies, mess, chores. It's too much right now. This is why I'm hoping second Tri is better!
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    I don't have a scale in my house, so I can't keep track of my pregnancy weight gain. I know my jeans are getting tighter, but a part of me is still trying to insist that it's bloat and not "actual weight", so the denial's pretty intense right now. I guess I'll find out my "official weight" at my appt on Monday. 

@latershrader @bridge-and-wall  I just hit week 13, and I'm desperately hoping that I'll start having more energy soon. It's hard to get stuff done when you're sleeping for 10-11 hrs every night, especially when it takes me so long to get going in the morning. 

I'm sure that I've gotten more "meaningful" gifts, but the best gift that I've gotten is a giant cardboard cutout of Thor for my birthday. The hubs and I don't usually give birthday/Christmas presents, but apparently he saw this cutout in a comic book store window and thought "my wife needs this", so he annoyed the shopkeeper every day for two weeks until he agreed to sell it. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @latershrader with my last pregnancy I always counted from my pre-pregnancy weight because I also lost a bunch in the first trimester. My doctor did the same, I ended up delivering at my pre-pregnancy weight so Dr said my weight gain was zero.

This time I'm already gaining and just refusing to step in a scale. Trying to tell myself I'm growing a baby and it's ok. Just trying to make good food choices and not stress out about the numbers.
  • Options
    I'm 15w and gained 6 lbs so far. I never had MS or major symptoms (thankfully) but that also means I gave into cravings galore. It's the first time I haven't been dieting since I can remember, so I've just let myself go.
    I've been trying to go on walks more though, and I ordered the "What to Expect Prenatal Workout" DVD. It's pretty basic/easy, but I like it so far. The workouts are 10 minutes, so the other day I did 3 different ones. It's a nice change when I can't get out to walk or want to do some strength/stretching.
    I'm also doing better at eating more fruit/veggies. I've been bringing salads, carrots, fruit to work to snack on. Hoping at my next appt to not put on more than a pound or 2. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @MrsVP614 I am so glad you said that. I have been in the same boat feeling so much better the last couple of weeks and just eating what I want for the first time in forever. I've also been going on walks but the weather is still not great. I actually have that workout DVD as well but haven't had the motivation to try it. I think now I will, so thanks for the push!!
    TTC #1 since April 2016
  • Options
    Thanks @Jamiern01. I'm going w/ pre-pregnancy too! I'll ask my OB at my next appt too.
    *TW below*
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016

• Options
    Oh my gosh ladies. I just saw a video on Facebook of The Fitness Marshall doing a work out dance video to Meghan Trainer's Me Too and it looks really fun and doable for awkward dancers like me. Apparently he has a whole YouTube channel. Just thought I'd pass it along as a way to stay active.
    TTC #1 since April 2016