September 2017 Moms

Phantom Period

Anyone else notice around the time of their normal monthly cycle they feel like they have their period minus the blood?

I can't lie this is driving me crazy. Between the leg tension,  'period' cramps, hungry and moodiness it feels like I'm pregnant on top of being pregnant.
One of the best things about being pregnant is no period, but does it really matter if I have all the symptoms on top of pregnancy symptoms.

Why am I craving chocolate but eating one bite makes me sick?!

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
DS #1 [S-5]
3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
Baby #2 09/10/2017 
It's a BOY! 
Babywearer&EBF
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Phantom Period

• I did have a phantom period -- cramps, moodiness, craving for chocolate -- around week 4 and week 8, but I'm on week 12 and I haven't noticed anything. So maybe it wanes after awhile.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't have this that I remember.. so weird!  

As for the chocolate craving and nausea... that's pregnancy for ya!! I hope those bad symptoms pass quickly for you! 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Loading the player...
  • I think the correspondence to the timing of your period is probably just a coincidence, or a bit of placebo affect when you realize you'd normally have your period now, because hormonally there's nothing to cause extra period symptoms at a certain time while you're pregnant. I'm sorry you feel crummy though, I hope you feel better soon!

• @amandarene112 That's exactly what I thought, but I don't even expect my period anymore. My thigh muscles will ache and I can't figure out why then BAM, I remember it's literally to a T my date. Example, Yesterday was the 6th, my LMP was Dec 6th. It only lasts a day or two but on top of the fatigue it sucks.

But totally then becomes a placebo affect even more once I realize.  Hoping this is the last of them! 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Hmm... that is weird. A friend of mine did have two periods while pregnant, with very light bleeding but full on period symptoms. 
    Pregnancy Ticker