May 2017 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday 3/7

Alright, what's going on this week?

Re: TMI Tuesday 3/7

• Options
    I can't poop and my boobs are leaking so bad I think I'm gonna have to start wearing breast pads early. Glamorous 
  • Options
    I'm constipated... ugh! My nips are sensitive and I'm sweating all.day.long!

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 to sweating...just all the time, even if I'm cold.
  • Options
    Right nipple is super sensitive, more discharge, uck. Tons of gas. I'm a delight to be around.
  • Options

I pooped at least 4 times yesterday.  I'm gassy too, but I finally asked DH if he was gassy from the brisket we ate, which he said he was so at least mine isn't totally pregnancy related.

My nipples are getting sore.  And they seem to be huge.  Any other STMs noticing that their nipples seem bigger this time around.  I'm wondering how my newborn will be able to fit the whole thing in his or her tiny mouth!

• Options
    I was drying off from the shower and noticed my boob had a big crusty thing on it... It was hard to pull off at first but then due to the color i realized it was colostrum. Great, now i have crusty boobs :/ i keep having the let down feeling with a few of my contractions  so i gyess i shouldnt be suprised
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I've got the crusties too! 

@clebl24 STM here, mine isn't so much my nipple it's my aereolas are so big I don't remember them being this huge last time! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    FTM here but my nipples (really more areola) are so huge! Do they get smaller again after pregnancy/breastfeeding?? Or is that just wishful thinking?
    Gas is outrageous here as well. And the damn discharge. I'm lovely. Add to that the cold I got over the weekend I have some sort of fluid coming from nearly every hole!

i have to say I'm a tad bit jealous of the leaky boob ladies! I'm nervous I won't make any milk! I know that's crazy in the most rational part of me but that doesn't help. 
  • Options
    @cleb24 @MrsFox2008 @ShadeofGreen816 I'm on the other side of things wondering why my nipples/areolas haven't gotten much bigger. I'm worried they're going to be too small to latch onto. Is that a thing?
  • Options
    @Yiggle09 Ughh totally not looking forward to those postpartum night sweats! 

My boobs still itch like crazy. And +1 to sore nipples. I've given up on regular bras and have switched to nursing bras. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    The discharge and night sweats are driving me crazy. I wake up in the morning reeking. OB last week told me to take half a cap of Miralax everyday until things become regular again. Now when I have to go I'm afraid I won't make it in time. 
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I never got leaky boobs before DS was born and I also distinctly remember reading threads about it on TB and worrying that because mine weren't leaking I'd never make milk. Once he was born my body figured things out quickly and I didn't have any problems.  Enjoy the leaky-free next few months!
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs @rainydays86 thanks for the reassurance! I just feel like the moms I know IRL all leaked starting in their late 2nd tri and were practically cows (donated milk, etc.). Like I said, I know from reading that it doesn't mean anything, but I want to be like everyone else! ;) Peer pressure, I guess. Of course I'm as much as 4 weeks behind some of you ladies, so who knows what's in store for me!
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 My due date is 5/24, I totally get you on feeling "behind"!

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 maybe its just a stm+ thing bc i never leaked a drop with dd, and my milk came in very fast. In fact, @starphish18, i remember worrying that my nipples werent big either and they never really got big (they did this time...) but we had no prob latching (well she preferred one but we worked it out!) and i bet a nipple shield would help bc it sticks out a little more than you at first. 
  • Options
    FTM here but my nipples (really more areola) are so huge! Do they get smaller again after pregnancy/breastfeeding?? Or is that just wishful thinking?
    Gas is outrageous here as well. And the damn discharge. I'm lovely. Add to that the cold I got over the weekend I have some sort of fluid coming from nearly every hole!

i have to say I'm a tad bit jealous of the leaky boob ladies! I'm nervous I won't make any milk! I know that's crazy in the most rational part of me but that doesn't help. 
    I've never really leaked at this stage either. Only a few times after my milk came in, never before birth. At this stage, I might spot a tad of crust now and then. I've never had any leakage that showed through clothes or left my bra wet or anything like that. And I successfully breastfed DD for 6 months exclusively, and decreasingly until she was 23 months. You don't need a large amount of colostrum to satisfy a newborn, and then your milk should come in with a few days of birth.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options

+1 to the extra sweaty at night! ALSO my boobs leak making it worse!

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    CarmCeGCarmCeG member
    edited March 2017

@ShadeofGreen816 & @RedInLove I've been told that whether your breasts leak or not before you give birth has nothing to do with your milk postpartum. My doc says that is not to be confused with how well you will lactate.

But curious to know what other moms think?

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    +1 for increased areolas! My nipples have always kind of been big. Not sure they changed a whole lot but definitely the areolas. 

No leaking here either! I had a little bit of crustiness a couple of weeks ago but nothing since. 

I so so need to order the nursing bras! My current ones are sooo uncomfortable! I tried on a cheap one at Walmart and yeah that didn't go so well. Hoping I can order the ones on Amazon this week. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    +1 for not really leaking. I don't remember leaking before giving birth with DD1 or DD2 either. Maybe a little "crusty colostrum" at this point but that's about it! I breastfed both of my girls with no issues for 9 and 11 months! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    Yes to all of this! You guys are spot on with the gasiness and the basket of boob issues. I'll also second @Jkp7749 on the nipple shield. I had no idea what the hell it was when the nurses handed me one in the hospital with my son, but it became indispensable. (It helped with the initial latch issues and I used it for many months even though I think that's not it's purpose, for both the comfort factor & ease for him.) I had one in the diaper bag and one at home. Jkp's right, it's like a trainer for your nipples: it's space is bigger than your nips to begin with, and then your nips fill it in over time. Weird but works. For anyone with inverted nipples, too, it helps to change them over time, from innies to outies.
  • Options
    +1 for leaky boobs, but pretty much only at night so that's good.

DH and I DTD last night and it felt like my uterus completely contracted >_< It was SO painful and I had to stop. It has kind of contracted in spots before during the same activity, but never to this level. I'm worried that it's going to do this every time and am both afraid/sad since that's an activity we very much enjoy. Anyone else experience this??
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @museic: I've had similar sensations, but I don't think quite as painful as you're saying. I'm glad you listened to your body and took a breather. I would hate to see your trepidation/worry/hesitancy put a halt to all of your activities, so try not to let the mind game take over, okay? Just because it happened once, doesn't automatically mean it will definitely happen again. And it sounds like you have an understanding hubbs, who's willing to take it slower when you need to or to stop if needed, so you're already in a really great place to try this again! If you experience the same type of pain a second time, do discuss it with with your OB, just to rule out anything serious---and it might give you some peace of mind to chat about it. (I'd def mention this first episode too: again, better safe than sorry.) I hope you're able to try again soon, and that it gives you nothing but smooth sailing! Good luck!
  • Options
    CarmCeG said:

@ShadeofGreen816 & @RedInLove I've been told that whether your breasts leak or not before you give birth has nothing to do with your milk postpartum. My doc says that is not to be confused with how well you will lactate.

But curious to know what other moms think?

I completely agree with this! They are in no way related. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Sex? That got me here? Gosh, it's been so long!! We have literally not gone there since 19 weeks. DH is convinced he felt the twins and will NOT even entertain the thought. I will say that after I had some contracting but we discussed it very openly with doc and they were not worried. I ask at every appt, hoping DH will get back on board but he will not...says it freaks him out too much!
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @0408Bear: He knows that his equipment goes nowhere near them, and you've told him that, right?... But, I can see the other side of it: if he really has that thought stuck in his head, you might not be able to persuade him otherwise. This is the TMI thread, so: there's lots of ways to be intimate, so I'm sure you could convince him to try some other types of playtime with you!
  • Options
    There's definitely no sex life going on here. We briefly entertained that idea before DH left for his long trip knowing that it would definitely not be happening when he got back, but quickly decide that it was a no go. It's a little sad to think that the next go around will be end of June/July :grimace:
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @museic I had the same thing the other night when H and I DtD. I remember this from my last pregnancy, specifically when I would have an orgasm (whether from sex or DIY). Usually it isn't terribly painful but the other night it definitely was. I'm also hoping the pain and level of discomfort was a one time thing, maybe due to dehydration or other factors.
  • Options
    We dtd consistently throughout dds pregnancy but this time... Twice. And thats being generous.... One ended with us both being angry for some reason and falling asleep in diff. rooms! Im impressed that yall are still going

• Options
    We didn't DTD much with DD but I was obnoxious pelvic rest for a previa for a lot of it but this time has been a whole different story. I feel like our sex life has been more then when I wasn't pregnant.  I also get the contraction/super tight/pressure feeling during it and with orgasms. Some have been a little more uncomfortable than others but for the most part just a lot of pressure for a few minutes. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Not leaking but MAJOR vagina pain. Like soreness on the inside and it's making walking, standing up and turning over painful. Amazing all the pregnancy symptoms no one tells you about. 
  • Options
    We've only DTD once while pregnant and it was not a pleasant experience. I wa stop anxious and paranoid something bad was going to happen (I knew it wouldn't but still thought maybe). I just got in my head, but it really wasn't comfortable at all and didn't feel good. We've been intimate other ways but still not much and I feel bad. Plus having hemorrhoid isn't exactly making me want to jump right in there again! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin