November 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change | March 7

kschrefkschref member
edited March 2017 in November 2017 Moms
This check-in is for ladies whose tickers change over on Tuesdays.  Your EDD is Nov. 7, 14, 21, or 28

*There are check-ins every day so please wait for your day to post.  If you do not see a check-in on your day, feel free to start it!*

1. How far along are you today?
2. How are you feeling?
3. Any appointments this week?  If not, when is your first appt. scheduled?
4. Rants/raves/questions
5. GTKY: What hobbies or activities do you enjoy?
Pregnancy Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change | March 7

• Options
    5 weeks
    2. How are you feeling?
    Can't stop throwing up.  :(  Last night woke up in the middle of the night to be sick.  Fun times.
    First appt. isn't until March 28th. Feels like forever!
    4. Rants/raves/questions
    Rant: First tri fatigue kicked in yesterday.  I took a shower this morning and got back in bed.  Fully plan to stay there until the kids wake up!
    Photography and quilting
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    5 weeks today
    2. How are you feeling?
    I feel good.  My only complaint is exhaustion (and I can't quit farting).
    I have my 3rd beta and a progesterone check on Thursday.  I'm hoping it's my last and my OB will schedule and ultrasound soon.
    4. Rants/raves/questions
    Rant:  I love all the apps that help track your period and ovulation but it makes for a really, really long pregnancy when you find out so early.
    I like big books and I can not lie.  I like video games, wondering aimlessly around Target, and playing in nature.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    5 weeks 

2. How are you feeling?
    Tired and anxious. Some nausea, mostly in the afternoon. Definite loss of appetite or food aversion. Sore breasts, sporadic mild cramping.

I have no appointments yet despite calling my ob/gyn's office yesterday. Which leads me to... 

4. Rants/raves/questions
    Okay, so when I called yesterday at 9:15am, the admin I spoke to took my information, updated it, then told me she would fax the hospital (they are affiliated) and that THEY would handle the blood work. 24 hours later, no one had called me and I have no idea Wtf I'm supposed to do. Just... Sit on my hands?? I can't just call the hospital and ask to speak to whoever does blood work for pregnant women, and the admin did not provide me with any other information. 

I'm considering just cold calling an ob/midwife practice that's closer to where I live and seeing if they're more helpful. The downside is that I don't really like any of the hospitals near me. I don't know, I'm looking for advice. I can't believe they just fluffed me off like that. Help :(

I enjoy running, horseback riding, and gardening. My husband and I also bought an 18th century house which we have spent the last year and a half restoring. 
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @av2323 - I am so gassy in first tri.  My husband is gassy period.  He told me last night they were "Sympathy pooties".  No such thing, DH!!!  Ugh.  
    I love big books too - I'm a fast reader and need something that keeps me busy.  What types of video games do you like?  We just got Horizon Zero Dawn last on Sunday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily - Oh no, that really stinks!  So, personally I think if you're going to make the OB switch, now is the absolute perfect time to do it, before they start running insurance.  In my experience, once they do their own confirmation, either by bloodwork or that first u/s, they will run your insurance and give you an estimate for the entire prenatal care portion - mine also does for delivery.  If you switch halfway through, it *might* change some things.

What is it about the other hospitals that you don't like?  For me in terms of giving birth, it comes down to a few things: 
    1) What do they allow pregnant women to do during labor?  Do they have showers? Tubs?  Will they let you get in them to labor?  Will they let you walk around?
    2) What level NICU do they have?  If something *knock on wood* were to happen, would you be able to stay in that hospital or would they transport you somewhere else?  If so, where?
    3) I like to have a doula, so they have to be cool with my husband and my doula in the room.  The hospital where I deliver is one my doula is at frequently, so the staff knows her well and things run smoothly for us.

If you like your current OB office and hospital in general, I would give them another 24 hours and then call back.  There is no harm either in calling the closer office, telling them you recently found out that you are pregnant and that you would like to come in and meet with an OB just to see if you might be a good fit for each other.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 5 weeks today
    2. How are you feeling?  Pretty good physically, emotionally kinda of blah.  I'm excited for this pregnancy but I also hate the idea that I'm going to be out at work at the end of year and have to let some one else do some of my work.  Last time this happen the girl total F'ed it all up and didn't even care.  Plus before I went on leave I had her doing my work for at least 6 months so she could be ok on her own.  This time around she won't be touching anything (she is the lazy coworker who wears tights as pants).  I just hate the idea of missing out on work  cause I love what I do.
    3. Any appointments this week?  If not, when is your first appt. scheduled?  first appointment is scheduled for March 28th!
    4. Rants/raves/questions  Biggest question for any other STM+.  How is like having two little ones?
    5. GTKY: What hobbies or activities do you enjoy? I"m into Books I have so many I need to read currently reading The Princess Diaries series (fav author is Meg Cabot) and Outlander (Book 6) also if you want to add me as a friend on Good Reads love to see what books others are in to.  I love sports, very excited for March Madness (Go Purdue), also a big Colts Fan!  Love TV some of the shows I like are Outlander, Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Survivor just to name a few so I'm totally up for geeking out over any of these.  I love movies into a  lot of different kinds Rom-coms, Action, Thrillers, Also I'm a total Potterhead and musical lover.  Wow that is a lot of things and I don't even feel I covered it all.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  DIStickerscom Ticker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @kschref we have appointments the same day!  And since you and @av2323 like big books you should try reading the Outlander series.  There are 8 books all of them are over 900-1500 pages.  Those are some big books

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @kschref  Horizon Zero Dawn looks awesome.  I like to play everything.  I am currently alternating between Gears of War 4 and Lego The Hobbit.  Lego games and RPG's are my favs.  My husband just said last night he is having sympathy symptoms.  He is getting up like 4 times a night to pee.  Better him than me!  

@Tourmalily  I bet your home is awesome.  I'm sorry the OB/hospital isn't being cooperative.
  • Options
    @kschref so, a few of the hospitals in my area have extremely high c-section rates, over what is generally considered ideal. I'm indifferent to my current ob/gyn, to be honest. She's nice but her office sucks.  She has a great reputation. Problem is, she practices alone and delivers at the hospital and I have no idea who else is on duty there. 

I'm kind of crunchy so I am hoping for minimal interventions unless they are actually called for. I am going to wait one more day and then call her office back. If they give me the runaround, I'll try contacting the other office.

Thank you :)  
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04  I've heard the Outlander series is awesome.  I just haven't pulled the plug yet.  Soon.
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 - I love those books!  I discovered the series in the public library when I was in middle school in the mid 90's.  Probably way too mature for me at the time, but I became hooked.  It's not *exactly* a coincidence that my son is nicknamed Jamie. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily - I hope they get back to you today!  I'm a minimal intervention person as well.  I delivered my two med-free and that was a wild ride, lol.  My practice has one OB and 2 midwives and so it's pretty much coin-toss who shows up for delivery that day.  At the first practice I went to, there were a ton of doctors and I didn't like most of them, so I had to find a place where I felt comfortable with everyone.   

@Dumbgurl04 - I don't know about you, but March 28th seems so far away to me right now!  3 weeks in normal time is like 3 months in 1st tri time to me, lol.  For me, having 2 was hard.  But it was mostly hard because they were only 14 months apart and there were still so many things my son couldn't do by himself like climbing into the car or navigating the stairs in our house, which are steep.  For the car I'd have to get my daughter strapped in the infant seat, leave her in the living room, go put my son in the car, come back and get my daughter, etc.  It just took a while to do every little thing.  Now they can both walk out to the car, climb in, and I just fasten them in.  Our other big issue was feeding.  My son was not snuggly at all.  But he was jealous of his sister being held all the time when we fed her.  So he would try to sit in my lap, etc.  I read a lot of books to him while simultaneously feeding my daughter. Currently, he tries to hug and kiss her too much.  We are having to really drive home the idea of respecting each other's bodies because she really doesn't like unsolicited affection from him.  If you ask her if she wants to hug him, she generally will.  But if he tries to hug her without asking first, she tries to bite him.  Other than that, I just have to build in extra time for everything.  Extra time to get them changed and dressed, extra time to get ready to run errands, that sort of thing.  Anything I can prep or lay out beforehand, I do.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 5 weeks (I had a very weird cycle and my temps were all over the place and I never turned an OPK so I'm going with EDD of 11/7 for now, but that could change.)
    2. How are you feeling? I'm feeling okay. I've had some nausea but haven't actually thrown up. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and that seemed to help. TMI I've had diarrhea for the past week or so too. 
    3. Any appointments this week?  If not, when is your first appt. scheduled? First appointment is March 23rd. Waiting for this is sooo hard!
    4. Rants/raves/questions Rant: I really want to tell our families, but we agreed to wait until after our first appointment. Who was the first person you told? Or are you waiting?
    5. GTKY: What hobbies or activities do you enjoy? Knitting, crocheting, making cards and other things with my Cricut. Basically I love to craft. And reading. I think I'm reading 5 different books right now, 3 of them are pregnancy related. 

Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    edited March 2017

6 weeks (10/31 edd) 

2. How are you feeling?
    nauseous and tired, and at times irrationally cranky which is really out of character for me

We're using a birth center/midwife practice. Planning a home birth, so they don't schedule appointments until super late. Our first will be April 13th. Sadly no ultrasound then, just a Doppler to hear the baby's heart. 

4. Rants/raves/questions

Anyone else feel like they "aren't pregnant enough" yet to change things? I'm already getting yelled at for moving furniture and lifting things. But my in-laws are coming next week and the house won't clean itself! 

I love gardening! DH is a chef and makes his own sauces, I grow the ingredients and he makes his magic in the kitchen! Also reading, I'm currently reading a series by Phillips Gregory about the women of the Tudor Era. Sounds super boring but it's not lol. She wrote "The Otger Boleyn Girl" which was a movie with Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johansson 
  • Options
    @BayCamp - My husband was really bad the first time around about telling me not to do things while pregnant.  He got REALLY mad when I painted the nursery at 20 weeks pregnant with my son while he was at work, but I wore a mask and ventilated the room well and told him to get over it.  Then I got pregnant again when my son was 4 months old and I was a SAHM.  What was I going to do, not pick him up all day?  So, he's definitely come around but there's been a lot of eye rolling from me in the process.  

@Tourmalily, @Baycamp - What do you like to grow?  I'm a rose gardener and we have a ton.  Since I'm in central Texas and we don't really get cold here, they are looking amazing right now.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kschref I love roses! Do you have pictures? I have a couple of climbing roses that I planted last summer, but what does really well where I live in CT are daylilies. My MIL used to grow beautiful show-variety plants and in return for me helping her divide them, I get to keep some. 

I also grow lavender, sage, mint, cone flowers, sunflowers, and bee balm, and my husband planted corn and we harvested 20 ears in September! 
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BayCamp I read the other Boleyn girl, it was great! 

@daisymea6215 with our first we told our parents and some of our family right away.  Now we really haven't told anyone because we wanted to surprise our parents.  I have told my best friend and we did have to tell my BIL and his husband. We were having dinner with them one night and my MIL was going to be there and my BIL's husband likes to buy drinks, so we had to tell him he can't do that since I can't drink and we don't want to ruin the surprise.  It's very hard to keep this secret, it's killing me not to tell my mom.  

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 I know I can't stand keeping this from my mom. Especially since I told her that we were going to start fertility testing right before I got my BFP. So now almost every time I talk to her she asks if I've called the doctor again or what's going on with that. I'm really close with my mom and my sister so it's really hard. Only like two and a half weeks longer to keep it a secret from them. Are you planning something for how to tell them?
    Me: 26 | DH: 26
    Married: 08/23/2014
    TTC Baby #1: August 2016-February 2017
    BFP 02/25/2017, EDD 11/07/2017
  • Options
    @kschref we grow a lot of hot peppers, several varieties, it's become DH's obsession. We live in Florida so they grow really well. I have several tomato plants, herbs, green onions, carrots, and green beans as well all getting ready to go in around April 1st. I kill flowers, or maybe it's just Florida and we have no shade. I wish my green thumb extended past vegetables. 

@Dumbgurl04 there are so many books in the series! I read that one first and then started chronologically from the beginning. It's fascinating to see the world through the eyes of women that lived so long ago when the usual historical accounts are all from a man's POV.  
  • Options
    @Tourmalily - I have way too many pictures, haha.  I have something like 35 rose bushes right now between the front and back beds and some are duplicates, so probably around 15 or 16 different types.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @daisymea6215 we plan on telling them after the ultrasound.  I found some picture frames on amazon that you can put an ultrasound picture in and we will mail it to them.  Figured we would make it special since this will probably be the last new grandchild for each of them.  I know my brothers are done and I'm not sure if my BIL wants to even have kids.  

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @BayCamp I had no idea it was a series! Will have to add those to my LONG list of books to read.

@kschref it's good to know about having a toddler and new baby.  DD will be three at the end of October so glad she will have some independence while we have a newborn.  Now if we can get her mastered on potty training by then

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @Dumbgurl04 - Yes to all the potty training!  My son just turned 3 and while he is fine peeing in the potty, he thinks pooping is "gross" unless it's in a diaper.  What the hell, dude.  We are at a loss fighting that battle right now.  My daughter, who will be 2 in 2 weeks, told me she wanted to sit on a potty a few days ago and as soon as we set her on a little practice one, she basically had a panic attack.  I told DH if one of them isn't trained by November, I'm seriously going to lose it, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man @kschref that's rough! DD will sit on the potty she just won't go.  She went one time and that was maybe 2 months before she turned 2.  I have tried a lot of different things on how to get her to go potty.  For a while she would say she has to go potty but by the time we get to the potty she either just finished going in her diaper or had and wants a new diaper.  I'm almost thinking I should start putting her on the potty every half and hour but I feel I would traumatize her.

Anniversary

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    @kschref oh wow, those are gorgeous!
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ideamainlineideamainline member
    edited March 2017
    Barely squeezing in today, but didn't want to miss check-in!

5 weeks :)

2. How are you feeling?
    Good! Just really tired, boobs are SO sore (already don't fit in my bras...), and paranoid that my lack of morning sickness so far means something is wrong. Completely irrational, but there you have it.

First appointment/ultrasound is schedule for Monday 3/27, or approximately forever from now. Seriously considered lying to the scheduler about how far along I think I am, just to get a sooner appointment. 

4. Rants/raves/questions
    Trying to figure out when to tell who is turning out to be more complicated than I expected! I told my sister immediately (she had fertility issues and rough pregnancies, so she is an amazing resource for information on what I might expect to face), but we're holding off on telling our parents/family until 12 weeks. Might tell a few close friends sooner, but then we worry about offending family... I have a feeling I'll change my mind on this several more times over the next few weeks.

Like a lot of you, reading! Also music (both playing and listening), movies, theater, comedy clubs, and hiking.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MrsBunzMrsBunz member
    edited March 2017
    1. How far along are you today? 4w0d (but my LMP was 1 day of moderate/light bleeding, 1 day of nothing, and 1 day of light bleeding, so my PCM thinks I may be farther).
    2. How are you feeling? Queasy and lightheaded. I am crampy especially at night, but that might be because I spend all day and night chasing around an 18 mo. I am also super smell sensitive. My son eats a banana every morning for breakfast and the smell of the peel in the bin makes me want to cry. 
    3. Any appointments this week?  If not, when is your first appt. scheduled? I had a blood test to confirm pregnancy and get a referral to a civilian OB. I am lucky that we will still be stationed at this base for the whole pregnancy, so I get to go back to the OB who delivered my son (she makes a point of delivering almost all of her patients). Because I don't know for sure if my LMP was real, I have an IOB appt scheduled for 3/23, and they will do a dating scan. 
    4. Rants/raves/questions I am mostly frustrated by non-pregnancy related things, but the pregnancy hormones are making it harder to stay rational. Like crying way too hard when trying to figure out where an unexplained $253.50 was added to our AT&T bill. 
    5. GTKY: What hobbies or activities do you enjoy? I enjoy rock climbing (but I will probably refrain this pregnancy). As the child of a librarian, I love to read. I like to celebrate successfully buying books, by buying more books. I love to bake, and watch shows about baking, especially British ones. And I love board games, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Marvel, and pretty much all things nerdy.

@daisymae6215 Last time we told my family (parents and sisters) the day we found out and then told DH's family within a week. This time we found out on DH's deployment day, so we told both families before he left. My thought is tell the people you would need support from if something happened. Like with me, if I had a MC this time, I would need my sister to fly down and be with me since DH will be gone. 
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options
    E.White said:
    Barely squeezing in today, but didn't want to miss check-in!

5 weeks :)

2. How are you feeling?
    Good! Just really tired, boobs are SO sore (already don't fit in my bras...), and paranoid that my lack of morning sickness so far means something is wrong. Completely irrational, but there you have it.

First appointment/ultrasound is schedule for Monday 3/27, or approximately forever from now. Seriously considered lying to the scheduler about how far along I think I am, just to get a sooner appointment. 

4. Rants/raves/questions
    Trying to figure out when to tell who is turning out to be more complicated than I expected! I told my sister immediately (she had fertility issues and rough pregnancies, so she is an amazing resource for information on what I might expect to face), but we're holding off on telling our parents/family until 12 weeks. Might tell a few close friends sooner, but then we worry about offending family... I have a feeling I'll change my mind on this several more times over the next few weeks.

Like a lot of you, reading! Also music (both playing and listening), movies, theater, comedy clubs, and hiking.
    That first u/s is SO far away.  Mine is on the 28th and I feel like it might as well be 3 months, not 3 weeks.  What instrument(s) do you play?  I grew up playing piano and went to college for violin and taught 8 years of middle school orchestra.  I taught violin lessons up until this past December because we were TTC and I knew I'd have a rough time teaching out of my home while pregnant with 2 toddlers.  My mom can only help so much, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kschref I studied the harp through college, though I don't play nearly as much as I should anymore! I also played piano for a long time, but haven't had a piano to practice on for a few years. I loved teaching harp to middle schoolers - maybe one day I'll get back into it. 

I totally get backing off lessons - trying to wrangle toddlers and teach finger positions at the same time... can't imagine that working well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 5 weeks 2 days
    2. How are you feeling? starving but then not hungry when I actually eat, more tired than usual, and in disbelief.
    3. Any appointments this week?  If not, when is your first appt. scheduled? Not yet. They want to wait until a little further along so March 27th, so excited that I found the midwife who delivered my daughter 5 years ago.  They all left the same OB/GYN practice and the practice wouldn't tell me where they went. Turns out they opened their own.  
    4. Rants/raves/questions I'm too early in pregnancy to tell many people and fear having to tell work before I'm ready if "no pregnant caregivers" is listed on the board. 
    5. GTKY: What hobbies or activities do you enjoy? I think all my hobbies are gone. Looking forward to spring when I can get some real fresh air and work on the outside of the house.