Babies on the Brain

Weekly Fitness Check In - 3.6

Hi all!  How was your weekend?  How are you doing on your pre TTC fitness goals?  I'm not weighing in today because I'm bloated and on my period and don't want to be depressed, but I'm doing really well diet wise and on my whole giving up snacks for Lent thing.  Now I just need to exercise more and we'll be in business.  (Re) joining my gym this weekend, I think, so that'll help, and in the meantime I hope to use our apartment building's little mini gym.  

Anyway, check in!

Stats:
Goals for this week:
Goal before TTC:
GTYK: What's your favorite healthy food?  If you care to get fancy, share a recipe!

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In - 3.6

• Stats: skipping this week

Goals for this week:  I want to lose 2 pounds.  That hasn't happened in a while!  Just been 1-1.5 pounds here and there.

Goal before TTC:  Pre pregnancy weight for sure, ideally about 10-15 pounds below that.  Also, want to be stronger and in better cardiovascular shape.

GTYK: What's your favorite healthy food?  If you care to get fancy, share a recipe!

I l-o-v-e spaghetti squash, and I've had good luck with Martha Stewart recipes, so I'm gonna try this one soon: 
    https://www.marthastewart.com/873341/quick-turkey-bolognese-spaghetti-squash
  • I just posted in the old thred but wanted to say - don't get discouraged this week. Bloat is no joke! 

Spaghetti squash is great but so much work!
    I just discovered salmon. I don't know why but I've always been really intimidated by it. I made it last week and, while over cooked, it was delicious! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Hii!!! Weekend was good for me workout-wise but not great nutritionally! Oh well, balance is important.

@maureenmce Good for you on the no snacking! That is tough!

Stats: on Friday I was down .8 buuuut then the weekend happened!
    Goals for this week: stay on top of nutrition ESPECIALLY next weekend. The weekends kill me!
    Goal before TTC: I would like to get down 9 pounds but that might not be doable by May. Mostly I want to get the good habits going now so that I'm more likely to maintain them if I get pregnant.
    My favorite healthy meals are typically some form of Crock pot chicken + veggies. Something that keeps the chicken moist!
  • @UterusesBeforeDuderuses  The weekends are killing me too!  I don't like to calorie count on the weekends, but...(SIGH) I really need to.  Even without snacking, because I have wine on the weekends and I'm pretty sure that makes up for whatever snacking I'm skipping, lol.
  • The weekend was good - but too short as always! Spring Break is coming though!! I can't wait!
    Stats: Ugh! I am avoiding the scale because last week I gained  :'(
    Goals for this week: Get back to eating better. I need to stop eating so much crap. Also, drink more water. Part of my problem is gym time. Since starting grad school I have really struggled with going to the gym. I need to figure out when I can go and get my butt there!
    Goal before TTC: I would like to lose at least 15 more pounds - we shall see.
    GTYK: What's your favorite healthy food?  If you care to get fancy, share a recipe! For a snack Iike apples with peanut butter. Dinner- baked chicken with green beans.
  • @glitzandglitter - That's so exciting! Do you have any plans or just using the time to unwind? I work at a university and administration is giving staff the whole week off for spring break next week. I can't wait! We originally booked a cruise but canceled because of Zika and our tentative plans to try to conceive soon. I'm a little bummed but after the craziness of the last few months I'm kind of glad we are staying home. I'm also secretly happy that my husband made some sort of commitment to this trying to get pregnant timeline. 

@maureenbd and @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - Weekends are awful for me, too. I am so good during the week and stick to good decisions but weekends are terrible. We eat out an embarrassing amount.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @notthefather - I think a majority of it will be spent relaxing. I need to do some cleaning and get caught up around the house but I have been pushing hard with work and school that I really need a break!
    I'm glad your DH is making moves in the right direction.
  • Stats: 142. Hasn't budged since last week. :(

Goals for this week: Well I got sick and DH picked up a 2nd job (he usually watches LO while I work out) so working out didn't happen. My goal is to get back to working out this weekend once I'm feeling better.

Goal before TTC: 5 pounds a month until we start trying. So at least 1 pound a week.

GTYK: What's your favorite healthy food?  If you care to get fancy, share a recipe! I love apples and smoothies! Jamba juice is my favorite, but it's a pain to get to. I should just buy more stuff to make smoothies at home though. 
  • @fishee333 - I'm so sorry! It sounds like you've had a terrible week. I hope your weekend gives you some time to recoup and get resettled.
    I'm also now craving a smoothing. Yum!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• I don't want to workout right now. But I need to. Posting here so that I will feel pressured to follow through. Here we go!
  • @UterusesBeforeDuderuses Thanks for posting because my no snacking resolve was wavering!  Staying strong now!  
  • Way to go @UterusesBeforeDuderuses

I was, admittedly, lazy all week but finally got on my elliptical this morning. I credit UBD for the motivation. Thank you!  Now I can wear yoga pants today and not feel so guilty  ;)

It was in the 70s and perfect Thursday. Now the high is 40 and we are expecting snow flurries. Damn you, Mother Nature  :s

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @notthefather Yessss! Good for You! You earned those yoga pants!!!

I'm gonna do some cardio in a minute and I'm trying really hard to eat decently today. Definitely going to indulge in a few adult beverages this evening so I need to be good the rest of the day! Balance is hard! Sorry for over posting this weekend... I refuse to have to say "ugh weekends, am I right?!" 2 weeks in a row!  :D