August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Random 3/6

Comments? Questions? Rants? Raves?

Getting Weekly Random back to normal schedule!
Sorry for skipping last week. I was traveling for work and didn't have time to bump. Thank you @SouthernMama15 for keeping up. 

Re: Weekly Random 3/6

• Options
    My random this week is that I was trying to keep my pregnancy a secret from my coworkers (I only told my boss) until April but my bump will give me away anytime now. 
  • Options
    My rant is that one of my employees called in "just not coming in today", today. She didn't even have the gumption to speak directly to me, but instead asked the receptionist to relay the message. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My random is a bit of a confession. I accidentally kicked my in laws out yesterday--  they were visiting this weekend and genuinely thought they were planning on leaving yesterday. 

When my son went down for a nap I mentioned it may be a good time to slip out-  oops they were planning on staying to this morning. (Husband left for work travel yesterday) so I had the night for myself. 

Sorry, not sorry
  • Options
    I had to go back to my OB today because my back pain has gotten to be so unreal. I ended up in urgent care yesterday where they suspect a bulging disc that's pinching my nerve since I keep losing sensation in my right leg. The OB I saw today was the first time seeing him and he didn't understand why I'd come in and didn't think it's an issue since I haven't lost full sensation as it's come and go. The pain has gotten significantly worse over the last week and he was like no worries. ugh!
  • Options
    @mrsashworth522 that is so frustrating! I'm so sorry he just dismissed you. I hope that you start feeling better soon. 

My weekly random is also probably an UO, but I am not yet 26, and I am actually still on my parents insurance (it's a long story why really, but I'm so thankful I can stay on!). Well, my son's birth only cost me $300 (and $75 for a 3 night hospital stay with preterm labor). This son's birth will cost the same. I caught my self calculating the months today to see if we could squeeze a 3rd baby in before my 26th birthday. It would be close, but not impossible. Y'all am I crazy? 3 under 3?! I feel crazy for even thinking that way, but babies are expensive! 
  • Options
    So, I'm not sure where else to put this question but I only use mobile for this site. And when I had to update the app, my "home screen" it had me as erindippity, so I wasn't thinking much about it, but it made me log in again for community after updating (which I had only done once when I made the account.)

I'm usually a lurker or "love it-er" rather than a poster most of the time. But I commented a few times and it had a different username (summersolstice something). And it took me a bit to realize it had been this way. And then I commented on the Sunday sticker change and it was back to erindippity. I made an account back in July for the app, but I am PGAL and didn't remember the log in, so I made this one after our BFP for the app prior to lurking in community.

After the update, I didn't change the email or the password that I used to log in??? I don't like that it's two accounts cause it makes it really weird when I try to post because it looks like two different people, but I'm not doing anything to alternate between accounts and I'm not even sure what I did in the first place that caused the change. Because the entire time, my home screen stayed the same with erindippity and the pictures that I was saving of my bump each week. But posting it wasn't showing that username.

I was gonna explain this situation with the summer solstice name, but it had me back as erindippity on community again after asking me to log in when I logged in. I've typed in the same email and password multiple times for the log in, so maybe it's just a mobile glitch. Either way, I'm not sure even how to report that as an issue to the site to ask to fix, but I just wanted to explain the situation and see if anyone had a suggestion about fixing it. But, as you can see, it's quite a novel that I usually don't have time to type in mobile lol
  • Options
    Seeing my OB today and reeeallly hoping he can get a sneek peak at the gender as he always does a mini ultrasound. I'm totally eyerolling myself right now, I was a staunch team greener with dd, but for some reason with #2 Im team gimme alll the info! No idea why!

Lol, anyway will see if he can even tell anything. If not, 20wk scan is only 3 weeks away...
  • Options
    Mango517Mango517 member
    edited March 2017
    @dallasmommy Kinda crazy! But I do get it....my pregnancy and delivery expenses will be about 10x's that. And I count that number as being pretty good! Do you want a third? A friend of mine had three under three when she was about your age (and then a fourth kid two-ish years later) and while her life is full and a bit nuts, it's all worked out well for her. I know she wouldn't change anything about the spacing or timing of her kids :)

Don't completely count on the ability to stay on your parent's insurance until 26 though. It's likely that the age limit will revert or get lowered when the ACA is repealed/replaced. I hope for your sake that you do get to stay on their good insurance for as long as possible!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    secicc12 said:
    @Mango517 You have some serious self control not listening to that voicemail. I'd be dying!! Congrats on your great results.
     This is taking every single ounce of my self-control. EVERY SINGLE OUNCE. Practicing every single distraction tactic to get me through the day.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mango517 said:
    secicc12 said:
    @Mango517 You have some serious self control not listening to that voicemail. I'd be dying!! Congrats on your great results.
     This is taking every single ounce of my self-control. EVERY SINGLE OUNCE. Practicing every single distraction tactic to get me through the day.

Stay strong! I don't know what type of phone you have, but mine has a transcription of the VMs so the text is WRITTEN OUT RIGHT THERE. Ahhh too difficult. Come back and update us once your DH gets home :wink:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    pinkyswifepinkyswife member
    edited March 2017
    I'm so sorry. I have a herniated disc and I didn't do much for it during my first two pregnancies. I literally would have to crawl to the bathroom in the mornings. 
    Before this pregnancy I worked really hard in PT and went to a Chiro and I got it in a really good space BUT as I'm getting further along I can feel it. So after talking with my OB she encouraged me to keep up with my Chiro (who is super comfortable working with pregnant women) and just staying as active as possible. 

Can you find a chiro that you are comfortable with? It's been life changing for me.
    @mrsashworth522

• Options
    @pinkyswife I have been seeing a chiropractor and I start physical therapy this week. Unfortunately the chiropractor wasn't helping the sharp pains but the therapy is in the same practice so we'll see if the therapist suggests continuing it or not. 
  • Options
    Mango517 said:
    secicc12 said:

DH and I are team green, and our Counsyl test results are in email! So all we have to do at any time, is click on a link in email. It's so hard! DH has wanted to peek several times, but I'm staying strong. It's just hard knowing it's RIGHT THERE. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @MrsVP614 I'm also team green. They did let me opt out of Y chromosome testing on my genetic testing so that box is just blank in my results. I'll also ask the U/S tech to not send sex info to my midwife so there's no risk of her telling me by mistake. I'm so committed to having a surprise that I'm scared someone is going to tell me. 
  • Options
    I think I would cave if I was team green and the results are right there. I'd have to delete the email and then delete it from the delete folder.

Everyone has their reasons for choosing to wait or find out the sex. One of my best friends waited both times with her kids and it was the right thing for her. She and her husband loved being team green. I loved the extra anticipation it gave both her pregnancies. I've always had a feeling that waiting would have been the wrong option for me and thankfully yesterday it was confirmed that I made the right choice in finding out before the delivery.

Hearing the sex last night shocked me. In a lot of ways. It was a very fast processing a ton of emotions when you hear the words about the sex of the child you're carrying. Since I got pregnant I've imagined both having a boy AND a girl with this one baby. I know that's not really how it works... but it's how my head and imagination work. Suddenly the daughter I thought I might have entirely disappeared and she was replaced by the boy I was most definitely carrying. Giving up one to fully embrace the other has come with an unexpected shock to the system. I'm glad I have this time before delivery to wrap my head around having a son.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Mango517 I can totally understand you having to mourn the idea of your baby girl. I think for me I was so apprehensive (in a negative way, even though this is a very wanted and planned pregnancy) about both sexes so I was happy to find out and get rid of one apprehension, hah! Know that you're totally free to feel all the feels.
  • Options
    Is anybody still nursing a toddler? DD is a little over 2 and we are still nursing at night. I am ready to wean her, but I feel bad because we just went through some sleep retraining and we are potty training and I don't want to put her through too much. (Also I secretly hope that if I keep nursing it won't hurt as much when August comes along.)

I think it is mostly just a comfort thing because I'm pretty sure there is no real milk coming out. Has anybody else lost their milk in the second trimester? I had a lovely milk blister for like two months that I finally decided to do something about and when I was manually expressing I'm pretty sure all that was coming out was colostrum (which I'm pretty sure is what clogged the duct in the first place). You FTMs your nipples have so much to look forward to!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    littlebeansmalittlebeansma member
    edited March 2017
    ^^ I am getting so scared for the future of my nipples

Hoping it's cool to ask here: when is everyone planning on sending out invites/ save the dates for showers? I have a friend due a month after already about to send hers...so now I'm feeling behind #ftm problems 

Edited cuz it cut it all off 
  • Options
    I've never heard of save the dates for showers. we sent my invites out four weeks before. I had my shower at 32 wks. My son came at 36 wks so I'm glad I had a month to prepare all the items. 
  • Options
    @littlebeansma Never heard of shower save the dates! I also had my shower at 32 weeks and the invites went out a few weeks before. Who is throwing your shower? You should just let them worry about the invites.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    Right! I had never heard of save the dates either until 2 ladies mentioned it to me in the same week and I was just like whattt isn't that like a wedding thing....? 

My mom is throwing it but it's basically like we're doing it together because we're both so particular **control freak gene**. Good to know I'm not all super behind or anything! Phew! 
  • Options
    Mango517 said:
    While walking my dog this morning my Dr. called me this morning with my Panorama results.

On a rainy street corner I found out that all the tested chromosomes are healthy! No major microdeletions or issues. Yay!!!!

Since I want to share finding out with my husband the sex of our baby is waiting inside a voicemail to listen to when he gets home from work. I'm level 10 freaking out. I can't believe I'm so close to finding out the sex!!! This combined with the kicks last night is finally starting to make everything seem real.

That is a memory of a happy moment you will always have! But I am dying to know what his reaction was! Please update!
  • Options
    Save the dates might be a little over the top haha. You could have your mom/whoever is hosting tell people the date in advance by word of mouth and then send invites about a month before. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My Facebook feed has been full of "I'm a mom and I haven't slept in 10 years" articles this week. I know that sleep deprivation is part of the package and just something I'll have to deal with when it comes, but I feel like I've gotten sympathetically tired for my future self.

Also, I'm so scared for my nipples... 
  • Options
    I think I am more worried about sleep deprivation with #2 than I was for #1.  DS slept great for the first four months.  Then he started becoming aware of the world.  Think the chances of having two decent sleepers are not in my favor.  I love that DS and I can nap and snuggle everyday.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What? @Mango517 Don't you love some egg & toast boobs?
  • Options
    My favorite is the bacon legs. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am incredibly lucky with DD she was/is a great sleeper. 

I actually never felt that much more tired than I normally do. I'm sure this kid will be the opposite now that I jinxed myself
  • Options
    Today has been a total comedy of errors, ranging from a dead car battery to furnace trouble to some questionable renovation decisions to moving guests around our vacation rentals - all of which were totally avoidable. I feel like I should be crying but mostly I'm giggling because SO claims he's in an episode of Gilmore Girls where there's trouble at the inn. 

He's now saying we should put up guests in our own apartment tomorrow night if the heating issue isn't solved - never mind that it is in no way as nice as Lorelei's house.
  • Options
    Just had to share. I see so many skimpy bikinis nowadays but get dirty looks for breastfeeding. Just made me laugh a little.
  • Options
    happylifex3happylifex3 member
    edited March 2017
    DH told me I was acting like my mom this morning - which is the most hurtful thing he could ever say and he knows it. His defence was he didn't mean it "like that" but IMO there's only one way you can mean it. So I blew up on him, left the house in tears and went to Target. I spent $150 on things for DD and I and am currently sitting in the parking lot waiting for my toes to dry because I don't want to see him yet. 

Edit because it cut off the last few words lol
  • Options
    lmyrmolmyrmo member
    edited March 2017
    Rant...4th freakin' cold since being pregnant. 
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    edited March 2017
    I read in another Bump a whole discussion about toddlers in bikinis (yay or nay) and I realized I've never thought about this. I grew up in Rio, Brazil so I was a beach bum my whole life. I honestly don't remember having a top on most of my childhood. I guess kids here always have a top, right? 

Ed. I can't imagine having a little daughter wearing a bikini top. It seems so grown up. For me I guess it's all or nothing. Or she will go bare chested like boys or she will wear a tankini.
  • Options
    @LivLew in public, every female typically does have on a top. At home I let my DD be in just a diaper when playing at her water table.  It's not like she's really showing anything yet plus we live on an acreage. DD totally had a bikini last summer. So much easier for diaper changes!  I agree culture is very different in Brazil than here. We visited Brazil, including Rio, a few years ago. Beautiful country and awesome food!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My daughter wears a two piece. It's easier for diaper changed and now bathroom. Rushing to take a wet one piece off is miserable. I pick tops that are longer though. It doesn't have to be full coverage but definitely longer. When she's older she can keep wearing a bikini, I do, but no string bikinis dear. I'm not looking forward to teenager girl wear. I hate it. My parents were too strict with me though so i snuck it out. I want to find a happy medium, I hope. 
  • Options
    My niece is 3 and has had bikinis and tankinis. They also do the rash guard tops with bikini bottoms. She's got a long torso and one pieces don't fit her. I think it's cute and something people unnecessarily sexualize.
  • Options
    Totally agree with PP's on two -pieces being easier for diaper changes. I like the long sleeved ones for better sun protection too.