Pregnant after a Loss

Weekend recap 3/6

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! What did you do?

Re: Weekend recap 3/6

• I traveled three hours each way for a baby shower. The shower was worth it and awesome but the trip was awful and I do not recommend traveling in the third trimester if you can help it. Ugh. I was so uncomfortable and having to pee so often at nasty gas station bathrooms. It just wasn't good. But the shower was nice and I got to see family, and then I spent Sunday after church getting lunch with old friends whom I miss dearly, and we got to talk for hours after. They were excited that the next time they see me they'll get to meet my daughter! And one of them is a new mom so I got to hear her stories. Haha. 

One amusing thing that happened is that DH, who is the one who hasn't wanted to share baby's name with anyone, totally let it slip on accident in front of his parents and sister.  :D His face was absolutely priceless when he realized what he'd done. lol. Now I don't think it's fair that his parents know and mine don't, but they don't know they know so I'm not gonna push it. 

Overall a good weekend. Both DH and I are exhausted, and even the dog is. She's a city dog, so running around on the farm and barking at cows wore her out. 
  • We had a super relaxing weekend. Weather was pretty nice so, after yoga on Saturday, I went home and opened the windows and took a nap :) Sunday was productive with housework and trying to get my husband to start going through clothes to get rid of. I'm normally a purger and being pregnant has totally amplified that. I think he's scared when he leaves for China later this week that, if he doesn't do it himself, I'll do it for him. Hey - whatever works!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich well you did it, you made it to your baby showers! Now will DH let you buy all the stuff you really need? LOL. That's too bad about the baby name slip, at least it was him and not you!

@byrneme If you don't mind me asking, why is DH going to China and for how long?

My weekend was OK. My husband had a unique exam this Sunday for a certification, it's taken at home and he is given 24 hours to complete it. So on Saturday me and DD went over to my moms to get out of his hair, while he prepared and relaxed before having to be up for 24 hours. Well, unfortunately the company who runs the exam had a power outage which effected their servers in the middle of his test and left him unable to complete it. It was a huge upset and let down at the time. Especially, cause we made so many special arrangements to allow him this time. They are going to let him retake the test for free, but we really wanted him to get it under his belt before the baby, now we will have to wait a few months til after the baby. Oh well, we are over it and have moved on. 
    So I wasn't home all weekend, but at my moms. Sunday we dropped my mom off at the train station to visit some GF's of hers in Miami. It's been a weird weekend I guess with lots of out of our ordinary happenings. 
  • @Bok Bagok haha yes--we have one more baby shower and then there are a few things I'll use the completion discount on and then hopefully be ready. Haha. He'll have to let me, but a few things might not be necessary and I plan to just get the bare necessities. 

Super huge bummer about YH's test! What a mess, and really lame on the company's part. 
  • @hgrich still one more! When is that? I hope soon. I give you lots of credit for being so patient and waiting to get stuff. 
  • @Bok Bagok next week at 35 weeks. Cutting it close, lol! But then again with a first baby I could even go to 41 for all I know. But there's no way to know and I want to be ready now. It's probably good for me to be forced to relax about I guess.  :D
  • @Bok Bagok that stinks about the test :( My DH is getting his MBA and they do an intercession study abroad class over Spring Break. He leaves tomorrow for 10 days abroad. Next year the class is in Spain/Ibiza and I'm DYING to figure out how to go with him on that one.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @byrneme that's so cool!! Hope he brings you home some cool souvenirs!