March 2017 Moms
Options

Appointments! Wk 3/6 (Inside&Outside babies!)

What's going on this week for your inside or outside baby appointments!?

Re: Appointments! Wk 3/6 (Inside&Outside babies!)

• Options
    NST and OB appt this morning at 38 weeks. BP was down to 132/80 (spending time just relaxing and cutting out caffeine seems to have helped!) and NST looked great as usual.

Another NST scheduled for Thursday and NST/OB appt again in one week. We will likely be scheduling an induction for next week if she doesn't come on her own sooner. Hubby is looking forward to having time off during March Madness :p
  • Options
    See @CoconutKisses21 - this was basically my appt this morn too...

NST this morning - went well.  Baby was moving like crazy, have a little less fluid (I'm at 14 cm fluid level), but otherwise normal.  have NST/OB appts on Thursday, and then my LAST NST/ growth ultrasound next month.  If baby doesn't come before next Wednesday dr will want to either schedule c-section (depending on growth scan on Monday), or induce.  all because I'm on meds for GD.  Totally isn't ideal, but as long as babe gets here safely, I'll be happy!  I can't wait to meet her :)
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck to you @JustAnotherUsername16
  • Options
    First outside baby appointment post hospital discharge for A today. On the opposite end of @kjd291... The nurse couldn't get him to stretch out so it look like he lost 0.75 in. Down 1 oz from Saturday, but he's eating 2oz every three hours with all kinds of wet diapers, so I figure he's okay.
    Back next week for weight check and circ check. The silver nitrate nonsense is gross.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    Have an OB Appointment this Thursday. As he mentioned, it will be an internal exam as well maybe to see if any dilation etc. Baby is still measuring small, hoping for more growth this week. 
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16- Good luck later this week! Let us know how the induction process is.

@mecoats - Agreed that scheduled delivery is less ideal but the important part is a a healthy baby that gets here safely. Keep us posted! 
  • Options
    Have an appt this Thursday. From my ultrasound last week every thing looked good. Fluid was find baby was real low so low it was hard for them to get an accurate measurement of her head. But no cause for concern. The US tech kept asking me if my other 2 were big but she didn't make an estimate on whether this one will be big or not. I'm not sure when my midwives start checking for dilation which I'm ok with even though my husband and sister want to know so they can prepare. I had my GbS swab and some other blood work done last Thursday so I'm waiting on that now. 37 weeks today so 3 more weeks to go!

• Options
    NST this afternoon and my bp is down to 116/77! I'm so happy compared to last weeks scares! She did find a trace of protein in my urine (first time for that...) but the nurse didn't seem concerned esp after last weeks 24 HR urine test and how well I did with that. We have an ultrasound and regular appointment on Thursday so we will see if she mentions anything about the protein in my urine then. 37 weeks tomorrow! 

Good luck to you @JustAnotherUsername16 bp issues can be so stressful I'm glad you are coming to an end and will meet your LO soon! 
  • Options
    Midwife appointment tomorrow for another stretch and sweep. She was so sure I wouldn't need this one, and that it would turn into a baby check instead. 
  • Options
    Appointment tomorrow for Group Bstrep test and a cervical check. Excited to see if anything has started changing because I'm feeling some interesting new sensations! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well I got my results back from my GBS. I'm positive which I kind of figured would happen so I'm not to shocked. Now I have to wait until Thursday to see how they will handle the antibiotics. When I had my daughter I was induced at 37 weeks because I was already 5-6 centimeters and they said it would be easier to get the 2 doses in me before she came. But these midwives didn't seem to concerned. Thursday is a long time away though not sure how I'm going to not think about it until then. My blood work came back fine though so that's a plus.

• Options
    OB appointment today because the swelling in my hands and feet hasn't gone down since Friday. Urine test came back with only trace protein, BP is normal, dtr is normal, and no swelling in my face so they aren't worried about preeclampsia. Thursday I have an appointment with MFM to estimate baby's size. Last week they tried to estimate size at my OB appointment but couldn't get all the measurements because I started to pass out from laying flat on my back. The measurements she did get were 3-4 weeks ahead of schedule so I'm a little nervous about that. Trying not to worry too much until I actually have something to worry about

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    US today showed dialated tubes from the kidneys to the bladder. The mfm said this is common in baby boys due to the progesterone his little boy body is getting from me. Mfm wasn't concerned as it was at a 7 (7 what I don't know) and has been measuring normally up until now. He said they don't worry unless it's above 12( again, 12 what?). I have 2 weeks left so the mfm didn't think it would be a problem, but still worrisome for me. 
    OB appt on Wednesday and I'm going to ask for an internal exam. Last week the mfm said I was not dilated but cervix was very low and soft. Hoping for some more progress and maybe a baby this week!! I have a meeting on Friday I really don't want to go to. Haha!
  • Options
    @MMaru my little one always had her hands up at her face too! Now that she's here I can tell you this little girl looooves sucking on her hands! Not sure if that's a correlation or not ... glad to hear your bp is good so far.. inductions aren't ideal but I guess atleast you'll have a date to look forward to!
  • Options
    First post since the announcement! Midwives came to my house the following day of birth, the 7th, and did a forehead scan for bilirubin and found the numbers to be high so we were referred to our local hospital for a heel prick bloodwork and I'll get a call today to see what the results are and if he'll need phototherapy or if his numbers were fine. It threw a bit of a kink in the day as I wasn't expectin to go anywhere but DH was with me and all of the people we passed who inquired about Dean couldn't believe he was ~27hrs old! I'm feeling decent, taking ibuprofen every 6-7hrs for my 2nd degree tear. My MIL came to visit just as the midwives were telling us about having to head to the hospital and I got shy and said we could check the baby's latch another day and now I'm regretting putting it off because dang, my nipples are toast!  :s
  • Options
    kjd291kjd291 member
    edited March 2017
    @mrsflemingo I'm sorry your MIL showed up at an inopportune time!  Definitely ask for help from lactation consultant if you still feel unsure about latch!  And come hang out in the breastfeeding thread where we all share about our personal tips and commiserate about our poor boobs. Haha. 

I love that you were able to go home so soon and have the midwives come to YOU instead! Makes so much more sense to me than staying in the hospital for days.
    But sorry you had to head to the hospital for that test anyway. Hope Deans numbers come back in the clear!
  • Options
    Well my appointment today sucked. She said im slightly more effaced than last week. She was able to do a membrane sweep this time. But she was like I'm going to be honest with you, she's a fairly big baby and your pelvis is small. We are going to try everything to avoid a csection..... Well thanks that's very reassuring. Im going in Friday night to start the meds to dilate me. I'm pretty upset. I know plenty of people have big babies. My mom had 4 between 8.5 and 10.5 pounds, and her pelvis isn't any bigger than mine. But the doctor's attitude freaked me out. I still have two days to go into labor on my own, but i don't think it's going to happen :(

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Second week at 1 cm and 50% effacement. Definitely feeling a lot of pressure lately though and having contractions but not enough to track. Hoping baby makes her arrival next weekend so o can finish up work as planned!
  • Options
    @kap1988 Wow, that would freak me out to! Hopefully the membrane sweep has the desired effect and your doctor's soon and gloom words come to nothing. YOU know you can do this!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ok so I had my 40 week checkup today. I declined the cervix exam again which my Midwife was fine with. She did ask to do an US to check on fluid again and all was great!!! Baby was moving LOADS! Heart was beating so strong! And we got to watch Baby's breathing patterns. It was very cool. She also patted around the belly and estimates that Baby weighs in the 7lb range, but we know that could be off! She shared that she usually talks about scheduling an induction for next week especially since I'm 40 but knows i do not want that so she asked if I would schedule NST. I scheduled 2 for next week but I need to do some research on that. I'm not sure if I'll end up canceling them. All my vitals remain great! Thank God!

I also had my 2nd acupuncture today to help encourage labor. He said my body is much closer than it was on Monday at my 1st appt. We did a 60min treatment that I def felt more than I did on Monday; we scheduled a follow up for next Monday night which may or may not be necessary!! Haha...
  • Options
    @longliveregina Thanks! I'm feeling a little better now that I've had a few hours to think about it and calm down. It was just so disappointing to hear it from the doctor. I have really liked her up until now but that was kind of off putting. Its like she's just expecting me to need a c-section without even giving me a chance to try. I'm trying to be positive. A lot of women have successful inductions a week or two earlier even then I will be. No matter what I know we will all do the best for the baby even if it's not how I pictured.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kjd291 Hey thanks, luckily my midwife called to check in and said Dean's numbers were good but they'd do another forehead scan at ~48hrs old to compare, and I mentioned my breastfeeding issues and she was able to send a midwife student to my house today to check in on me. My DH and I have nothing but great things to say about our midwives and the support that our family has received! & I'll def have to peruse the BFing thread soon though once we're more adjusted at home :smile:
  • Options
    Has anyone ever considered or had any experience with induction based on doctors travel schedule? My doc is heading out of town next weekend and I'm worried about her not being there to deliver the baby since the hospital I'm delivering at is very pro- c section and I know my doc will do everything in her power to prevent that. 

I'd be 40 weeks next week and could schedule induction, but also feel worried that forcing a baby out before it's ready could lead to its own delivery challenges. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Got a voicemail today from an endocrinologist/diabetes dr office calling to schedule little guy for an appt. I had no knowledge of anything to do with this, called back and left a vm. Then I called the peds office to see if there was something in his paperwork from the hospital that I missed. They told me the ped was getting a second opinion on his blood work from the hospital as he didn't like the looks of it. Really freaked me out! I told the receptionist that I was worried and she contacted the dr who wasn't working today and he called me saying baby boys progesterone levels were high so he spoke with the endocrinologist and they want to see him. He did apologize for not calling me before the office contacted me. I was on makena (progesterone injections) during pregnancy so I'm hoping that's what the elevated levels are from. Anyone have experience with this?
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Just finished my 39 week appointment. No changes from last week in regards to dilation or cervix softness. Did another stretch and sweep and I think this one will be much more effective (I'm in discomfort compared to last week which was pretty painless), she said she gave it a good sweep!

A little bummed to find out my doctors are not on call this upcoming week so should I deliver this weekend or upcoming week I will have someone else from their group (I believe there are 6 but I've alternated between two my entire pregnancy). Oh well! I'm to the point where I just want to have her on the outside so I don't really mind either way.
  • Options
    I had my ultrasound at MFM today because baby was measuring big and it turns out she is just as big as we thought. I'm 38+1 and baby is already measuring 8lb 8oz and her head is measuring in the 92nd percentile! They kept saying her head was "pretty big" and eyeing DH who has a pretty big head! The Dr checked her out as best as he could and he doesn't think there is anything wrong with her that would cause her head to be big (hydrocephalus,ect) so we are very thankful for that! but I'm also pretty worried about how much bigger she might get if she stays put until her due date or later!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Had an appointment today 37+2 and it went well! Baby did well on the ultrasound she just had to wait a bit longer this week for tone but he finally did it. My bp is staying boarderline where she wants it (bottom number under 90) and it's been right at 90. I'm nervous about his size hes measuring at 36 weeks via fundal height my numbers have been good with the GD but I always get nervous with it. I didn't gain any weight from this week and last week and lost weight last week. At 34 weeks he was 5.5 lbs according to the ultrasound measurements and was in the 47%. They will check his measurements again next week so we will see. At this point she's mainly just watching my symptoms and told me to call her with anything alarming. 
  • Options
    Had my 38 week appointment today.. (I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow).. GBS test came back negative, my ultrasound results were perfect. So that was all great! Baby however is still posterior.. so my midwife suggested checking out the spinning babies website to find ways to try and get baby into an anterior position.. anyone try anything that worked?? 
  • Options
    Took LO back to pediatrician for a weight check...she has gained 4 oz in 3 days! Doctor said that was good. She is able to latch well on nipple shield and we are working on without it. She also has a blocked tear duct in her left eye so have to clean crusty stuff out of her eye through out the day...He didn't think it was infected. Go back next week for her 2 week check up!
  • Options
    @KateM same here! Not sure how we never discussed it but my midwife is out of the office all next week (my due date is Sunday) because her husband is having surgery. I'm bummed she won't be here but I've met almost all the other doctors in the practice and hopefully it won't matter much since I know the nurses in L&D will be there for the worst of it anyway. 

Last cervical check was 3(?) weeks ago, when I had my GBS test. I was 0.5cm then and 50%, and 2-2.5cm today and 75%. She seemed confident I would be going into labor within the next week and if by chance I still make it to next week's appointment on Thursday then I would be induced next Friday. I'm a little hesitant to be induced only being 40+5 but she said the pit drip starts at 2 and they only go up 1 or 2 every 30 minutes. Even so though she seemed confident I would respond well to the pit or even just having my water broken so she thinks I have a low chance of cascading into needing a c section as a result. Kinda crazy to officially have a "deadline" but it does make it a little easier to be done with work and have a finish line in sight!! So close to meeting this babe I can't believe it. Last night I had the most vivid dream that I was in labor not just in general but like today after my appointment and everything lol. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandalily sorry to hear you're in the same boat! It is certainly a disappointment but I'm happy you've at least been able to meet all of the other doctors! 
  • Options
    @korpisar No experience there, but I'm so sorry for this added layer of stress! What a frustrating way to find out, too. As someone who has a kiddo who was born with a foot deformity, my best advice is to make the appt and then shut it out of your mind until then. Don't let it rob you if the joy of spending time with your squish. Hopefully it was the injections and it will pose no issues! Regardless, you can handle it, whatever "it m" is. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I took LO for his first check up with the pediatrician. His forehead bilirubin scan was a little high, (15) so we went to the hospital lab for a blood test, and that came back at 15.5. We tried just increasing his fluid intake, but went back yesterday for another blood test and it had gone up to 17. We admitted him to the hospital, and I have been pumping so we can measure hospital feedings, and he has been under the bili-lights. By 9:30 last night it had gone down to 15.3, and they came and poked him about 1.5 hrs ago, and hopefully it has gone done more, and we can head home. I've been waking him every 2 hours to feed him, and pumping while I'm up, which amounted to about 1 hour left before the next feeding to try to settle back in and catch some z's. Needless to say, I'm tired, and I'm hoping we head home pretty soon so I can snuggle him up and we can take a good nap! 
  • Options
    Had my 39 week appt yesterday.  I was fingertip dilated, and about 25% effaced.  I have another growth ultrasound on Monday to get a final estimate on baby girls weight.  Then I go to dr again on Tuesday to determine what we'll be doing.  Option 1:  If she's not estimated to be too big, and I haven't progressed in dilation, they will send me to hospital to start induction.  Option 2:  if she's estimated to be too big, it is dr recommendation to c-section, and that would be scheduled for Wednesday.  (my due date).   Option 3:  (best option)  She decides to make her grand entrance this weekend.