Pregnant after IF

2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 3/6 ***New Leader Needed!***

edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list!

Mommies to be:
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@MelD17011 EDD 6/8/17 with 1 boy!
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17 with 1 boy!
@JaneJane EDD 6/14/17 with 2 boys!
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with 1 girl!
@rmarble23 EDD 6/20/17 with 1 girl!
@mjacks16 EDD 7/8/17 with 1 boy!
@Nellin EDD 7/8/17 with 1 bean!
@Colleen0516 EDD 7/12/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@taradise99 EDD 7/16/17 with 2 boys!
@MicronesianMamma EDD 7/21/17 with 1 boy!
@byrneme EDD 7/25/17 with 1 surprise bean!
@ARB425 EDD 7/30/17 with 1 girl!
@JuliaAnn86 EDD 8/4/17 with 2 beans!
@persnickity EDD 8/5/17 with 1 bean!
@ChristinaV2015 EDD 8/5/17 with 1 surprise bean!
@Esperer EDD 8/6/17 with 2 beans!
@ljsmith805 EDD 8/8/17 with 1 girl!
@JWatt5 EDD 8/13/17 with 1 bean!
@DDRGirlie EDD 8/16/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@Stars2016 EDD 8/24/17 with 1 boy!
@oxinfree EDD 9/5/17 with 1 boy!

QOTW: What are you doing this week/month to get ready for baby(ies) (if anything)?
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: 2nd Trimester Check-in Week of 3/6 ***New Leader Needed!***

• Good morning and happy Monday! Today I'm 27 weeks and 2 days (due June 3rd) with my little girl! It's so surreal seeing my name at the very top of the 2nd tri list today. Since I'll be officially hitting 3rd trimester on Saturday (eeeeeee!!!), this check-in will need a new leader. Please say so in your post if you're willing to take over the thread!

No appointments this week, but they want me to go every other week now so I'll be back at the OB next week. The week after that is our next ultrasound at MFM (growth scan) and I'm really excited to see what this baby girl looks like now!

QOTW: The biggest thing we're doing to get ready for the baby this week is having our baby shower! My mom and grandmother fly in super late tonight to spend a week with us and to be here for the shower. Then my best friend flies in on Friday for it. I feel so loved! We're having a co-ed shower because DH really wanted to be part of it and to invite his friends as well. So it's going to be a bit different than your traditional shower. As in, we won't be having your typical shower games and instead are basically having a dinner/cocktail party for friends and family. Our moms are hosting so this week they will be busy getting all set up with decor and things. I can't wait! Also can't wait to see what our little girl ends up getting from everyone!

• Hello there ladies! I'm 19w6 days today - I CANNOT believe that tomorrow marks the halfway point. AND we have our A/S :) I was all excitement but, now that it is around the corner, I'm nervous. Particularly because I'm not really gaining weight/growing as much as I thought I would (Although my jeans no longer button so yea! When do you get to say that ever??). I know every woman is different and that shouldn't be a big concern but it's just in the back of my mind. I can't wait to see the baby though - it's hard to wrap my head around the fact it's been 6 weeks since my last u/s!

QOTW - we finally picked out paint colors for the nursery, and I'm using this an excuse to do 3/4 of the rest of the house, so getting that scheduled. My showers are on the books for April & May and registries are done. I feel we are in a good place so it's just a waiting game for now :) Probably a good thing since my DH leaves for China on Thursday and is gone until the 20th. That's 1/3 of this month!

@wifeinraleigh28  - I can take over the thread, unless someone due behind me wants to, I'll be here another couple of months :)
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • @byrneme Yay for your a/s! Making it to 20 weeks is such a milestone! I felt nervous for my a/s too. I think it's just been ingrained into us to feel that way before every scan! I'm nervous for our growth scan coming up and you'd think I'd be used to this by now, but nope! I'm sure everything is just perfect though and PLEASE share a photo after your scan tomorrow so we can see the little bean! Also, thanks for taking over the lead of the thread! :)

• *semi lurking from 1st tri - I'm 14 weeks tomorrow though so why not right!?
    I'm due Sept 5th with a BOY. We just found out Friday and I was in total shock (I was convinced it was a girl). We're super excited obviously and I've begun planning nursery design. We bought a house and move in May though so really am holding off buying anything until the move. We'll see how long I hold out ;) My next appointment is a week today (MFM). Not sure what to expect as it's my first one. 
    QOTW: very little. I think part of me is waiting until after next week's scan for the reassurance that I'm safely in second trimester and all is well. I'm so anxiety filled and buying things gets me a bit panicky right now for whatever reason. 

@wifeinraleigh28 so thrilled for you for making it so far! I remember back when were both still ttc, so it's just wonderful to follow your journey! :) I love the idea of a co-ed baby shower. We'd do that too if we had many friends. I don't think I'll even get one unfortunately. We only moved to Texas late last year and we have only a few friends at this point and no one we're super close with. That stuff takes time... So I'm saddened by that fact since it took so long for us to get here, but that's just the nature of having moved so many times in our journey together. This is the 4th city Eric and I have lived in together, and we both grew up in a 5th city (separate) so our friends and family are all over the place. 

@byrneme I feel you on the nerves. I thought I'd be showing more by this point and I've barely a bump at all. I get panicked wondering if our little boy is still growing. Time between each U/S crawls and 6 weeks is a long time so I feel for you. Very exciting that you've picked out colors... are you sharing your plans? Two showers!? You lucky gal you. <3 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Hi Everyone - 17 weeks, 1 day today with 1 little bean. Two more weeks until the A/S and just under three weeks before we find out the gender! I'll get the NIPT results in full (NT Scan was fine) on Thursday when I go for  a prenatal appt but here in Canada we don't get gender results with it so I have to wait :( hehe 

@byrneme -  I'm nervous too - everything with baby so far has been good but I still get nervous. My sister was telling me how she took mom and dad, my sister, her SO's parents to a bunch of scans. I don't think I could ever do that with my nerves, nor do I honestly want to schedule any additional scans because they just make me "what if". I'm sure all will be just great for you & you'll leave over the moon. I'm excited for you!!

@wifeinraleigh28 - Congrats on 3rd Tri this Saturday! So exciting! Co-Ed showers are the best, that's what we usually do in my friend group, it's great to see everyone that day & celebrate together!

@oxinfree - Welcome & congrats!!! I saw on insta that it was a boy and I literally laid awake for a bit last night thinking what if it is a girl because i've only had "I know it's a boy" feelings haha. I haven't visualized a girl much at all - I'll be so shocked if I had one. 

QOTW: What are you doing this week/month to get ready for baby(ies) (if anything)? 
    We've gotten the house decluttered and new carpet in so now I kinda wait...I'd like to know the gender before we start a nursery. I did start a registry today (BRB & Snuggle Bugz) because I see stuff then I forget where/what it was lol. This should help...so much stuff!!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @oxinfree Yay, I'm so excited to see you moving to 2nd trimester! And congrats on the baby BOY!! How wonderful! I watched your video yesterday and I just loved you and your hubby's reactions when the voicemail said boy, it brought tears to my eyes! So happy for you guys! As for your MFM appointment, my first one was mostly a consultation where I learned what my treatment plan was going to be, but then she threw in an ultrasound just for fun. I think I was 11 weeks at our first visit with her. All of my ultrasounds have been at MFM (at least since that first appointment there) so those are the ones I look forward to the most. Also, I hope you guys do a registry even if you don't end up having a formal shower. You still have lots of friends and family who will want to help out and buy things for that sweet little guy! Oh lastly, congrats on the new house! Lots of wonderful things :)

@JWatt5 I can't wait for you to find out the sex of your baby and to find out if you've been right all along! :) Enjoy building your registry... I had so much fun adding things to it. And now that our shower is this weekend I'm enjoying looking and seeing what has been purchased, haha!

• @wifeinraleigh28, @oxinfree and @JWatt5 -thank you for helping me to feel like I'm not crazy for worrying :) JUST when I think I can be all 'okay, everything is good' some sort of doubt creeps in. BUT it is not NEARLY as bad as those first 14 weeks. @oxinfree WELCOME and CONGRATS on the boy, how exciting!!! I echo @wifeinraleigh28 , please please please make sure you do a registry. If you have a ton of out of towners, go the Amazon route!

Since we aren't finding out the gender, we've gone with a gray/white nursery with teal accent and an elephant theme. I figure I can add some coral or navy accents after the baby is born. 
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Hi!  I'm 25 weeks today with a baby girl.  I have my glucose tolerance test this week but no appointments until the end of the month.
    I have a couple more things to pull from the basement and clean - the pack'n'play and the swing.  Today I made 4 burp cloths from scrap fabric and cloth diapers and I'm proud of myself.  I was going to make 6 but ran out of thread.  I might wash some more baby clothes too and put them away in the closet but first I need more hangers.

@wifeinraleigh28
    enjoy your shower!  I remember it being so exciting to lurk on a registry and see what people have bought.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • wifeinraleigh28 congratulations and hope you enjoy your shower and having family staying :) 
    I also love the idea of a co-ed relaxed shower.

oxinfree congratulations and good luck waiting for your scan! Everybody shows differently, there are so many different factors. At 22 weeks I've just popped out in the last week to the point where I can't hide it anymore!

• Hey everyone! 20w3d with my baby boy. Can't believe how fast time flies! Had my A/S with MFM on Friday and little man didn't want to cooperate much so we were there for 1 1/2 hrs. We did get cute pics of him sucking his thumb and yawning. Everything looks good but it turns out I have a low lying anterior placenta, so now I know why I haven't felt much movement :(  I mostly only feel his bigger movements, which just started late last week. I have my next monthly visit with OB 3/13 and the hospital maternity orientation same day. My fetal echocardiogram is scheduled for 3/31 and they'll also check to make sure my placenta has moved up and not closer to my cervix. I read in most cases it does and doc isn't worried so either am I. 

@wifeinraleigh28  Congrats on moving on to 3rd tri this week!

@oxinfree Welcome to 2nd tri!

@byrneme I get nervous too. I didn't make a big deal about reaching 2nd tri till after my 14w U/S and I didn't make a big deal about being 1/2 way till after my 20w A/S last Friday. 

QOTW: We started the cleaning out and organizing of the garage to make room for SO's stuff to free up the nursery but it's looking to be an every weekend for the next month job. I have to finish up my guest list for the shower to give to my mom & sister. It's been a challenge since it's coed and the size of the list has already forced them to move the venue from my mom's house to a rental location. They've booked a local art studio for the first weekend of June so I'm super excited. 

• Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited March 2017
    Hi everyone! I am 21+5 weeks today with my little loves :smile: I had my fetal echocardiogram this morning and both babies cooperated. Baby boy doesn't usually like to show us the things we need to see but today he was very responsive! Baby girl was great too, but She did not like the ultrasound waves! While they were looking at her brothers heart, she kept kicking me- it was more movement than I usually feel in a week from her lol. Both hearts look good- so that was a HUGE relief. 

Im at my OB for a check up now. 

@oxinfree welcome!! 

@mjacks16 i LOVE that picture! Such a cool background and you both look so happy!!! :smile: 

@wifeinraleigh28 can't believe you are moving up to 3rd tri! So excited for you!

QOTW:  wellllll--- I had a pregnancy panic attack recently (thank you, hormones!) so we are doing a lot! Lol 
    We moved into our home a year ago and it was a complete gut job. We got a lot done, a ton really, and I was okay with our progress until a few weeks ago. I all of a sudden needed things to be organized and fixed faster. My anxiety kicked in, and I just started worrying that we are having two babies and things will be crazy and I need house to be organizEd and completed before they arrive. Construction + twins= chaos in my head lol

We are currently working on the babies nursery, that's coming a long nicely.
    We have cribs and bedding and a rug :smile: 

My lovely husband cleaned out my basement for me so that I can do a major clean of it, and then finish it a little bit and organize like crazy! 

And we just finished our upstairs den; We got carpet and painted. So a lot has happened/is happening 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @byrneme - love the nursery idea. Will be fab for either gender and who doesn't love elephants!? too cute.

@wifeinraleigh28 - you're right I should do that, it just feels a little presumptuous but if I do amazon it'll serve as a list to shop from anyway since I order so much online as it is haha. at least I can rationalize it that way. Glad you enjoyed the video. I was VERY genuinely shocked. Took me a full day to absorb it haha. (ps. still don't really understand what the MFM doc will look for differently than ob but I'll figure it out soon enough I guess haha  :p ) ps. what a sweet and serene nursery you have put together. so lovely! <3

@JWatt5 - ya, was definitely not prepared and for a moment there was very difficult to wrap my head around, but now calling baby "he" and "him" it's sunk in more for sure. You're probably right, but no matter what, baby will be so so loved ;)

@Nellin - wow that late hey? I guess after wanting this so badly for so long I just want visual evidence. All in time I suppose ;)

@mjacks16 - how lovely of your coworkers. I can't work in the U/S (here for Eric's work but we're canadian and waiting on green cards) so don't even have that to fall back on haha... oh well. I'm not throwing a pity party I swear (okay maybe just a little one) :)<3 ps. your announcement photo is perfection. NYC was the last city we lived in and we had planned to move to Dumbo when my husband's team got let go. Random tidbit of the day ;)

@MicronesianMamma - excited for you, sounds like you'll have a great shower, and what a cool venue! <3 

@Colleen0516 - ahhh the nesting. So natural, I'd feel the exact same way. I'm sure everything will come together but I'm sure having twins coming just ups the stress! We'll be moving in May and I'm super frustrated that I really can't start the nursery until then. I'll be going full blown nesting mode upon move in I'm sure as there's some painting and projects that need to be done asap around the house in general.

---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree Do you know the reason you were referred to MFM? In some cases, just having an IVF pregnancy warrants the referral. I was told that MFM would do a fetal echo because we did IVF to make sure there were no heart defects (it's rare, but supposedly with IVF there is a very slight increased chance of problems). I have an autoimmune disorder though, so I'm considered high risk anyway. The MFM is much more knowledgable about any and all pregnancy complications so it really just makes me feel better knowing that I'm in extra good hands! And don't feel like you're being presumptuous with the registry! You could always just let people know about it when they ask you about it (which they will) and amazon sends you a really awesome welcome box once you complete your registry anyway (as long as you're a prime member). Most of our friends and family decided to purchase off our amazon registry, even though we also did one on Babies R Us to give local people an option for shopping in store. I had so much fun putting our registry together but it can also be overwhelming, as you realize just how many options you have for each and every baby item! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you might have. I feel like I've spent half my life over the last 3 months researching baby gear :)

• I am 24w 6d today with our little girl who is already making me laugh.  today i had to go in for a blood pressure check as it was high at my last appointment and maybe my husband was right....it was him! i was totally fine but first the nurse wanted to make sure i was calm so we checked for the heartbeat.  this little girl kicked the doppler hard multiple times and wouldn't let the nurse get her heartbeat we just laughed b/c she was being so difficult.  she said as long as i wasn't worried she was ok with just an active baby b/c there was no convincing this LO to let us hear.

QOTW: i bought the dresser, rug and curtains for the room yesterday online and we have the crib so once everything arrives this week i can get to working.  i have next week off for vacation so i think that will be the plans if things dont get too difficult.  with these new purchases things seem be moving right along and its making me very excited for her to be here already.

@wifeinraleigh28 congrats on 3rd trimester! it feels like just a month ago we were doing injections and now we are getting to the end :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @wifeinraleigh28 thanks for that explanation. I guess maybe the IVF was a factor but also have endo, suspected immune issues, and MTHFR. Makes sense now in my head ;) And I may just have to bug you down the line. I was looking at baby stuff and stopped because I was overwhelmed haha. 

@rmarble23 too funny about baby girl kicking the doppler. :) spunky little one!
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree  DH is worried now when i told him that since we are both laid back, calm people we are hoping this isn't a taste of what is to come from her

• I'm 19w1d with a little girl. I had my routine OB check up today and everything was perfect. Heart rate was 150 although she was moving around a lot so they had a little bit of a difficult time trying to get an accurate HR. I received some extra reassurance today from my OB not to be too concerned about not gaining a lot of weight. I've been getting comments like crazy that I must not be eating enough and that it is unhealthy so I decided to ask. I've  been having some low back and hip pain over the past week so I bought a pregnancy pillow this weekend which has helped immensely. Next appointment is my a/s on the 17th and then back to the OB in a month!

QOTW: I plan on purchasing the rug for the babys room this week. I just need to decide on the color. I originally wanted a coral and navy inspired room but I'm having a difficult time deciding on a crib bedding set. I'm hoping to start our registry by next weekend but we will see what my husbands schedule allows. If anything I'll be able to start our Amazon registry and we can go to Babies r us in the next few weeks.
  • Hi all,
    I'm currently 22 weeks 3 days. The last week I've really popped, I wore a fitted top to work today and got heaps of comments and people keep staring but are obviously scared to get it wrong :) 
    Yesterday I had a scan to check my cervix and met with my specialist for the first time. I have a couple of extra scans checking my cervix after surgery a few years ago and then three growth scans which is apparently normal IVF procedure here. Scan went well, my 20 week A/S scan showed cervix length at 3cm which is the lower end of what they want but the internal scan (apparently much more accurate) showed 3.5cm! :)
    The night before my scan I'd had almost no kicks all day and barely slept because I was so worried - I actually got up and ate candy at 3am to try and get her moving! But straight after the scan she starts jumping around like crazy! I better get used to the fact that the worrying will never stop - it's part of being a parent!

QOTW: We had my MIL staying for the weekend and made a bunch of nice facecloths and muslin wraps which was fun. I'm a total newbie with sewing and just got a sewing machine but it's fun making unique special things for our little one! 
    We are also clearing out the office to make way for the nursery and slowly buying a few bits and pieces and also seeing what we can get as hand-me-downs.
  • I'm 26 weeks today. I have another OB appointment tomorrow afternoon. Ezra is doing great and his mama is slowly getting back to reality. Insomnia and being sick at the same time is no fun. I'm dying to get started on decorating his nursery. I'm pushing my mom and sister to get their stuff out so I can get going on it. The accent wall will be a teal color and the other walls will either stay white or be painted a light gray. His dressers and crib are white. I got my baby shower invites in the mail yesterday from Tiny Prints and they are so cute. I'll be buying stamps this weekend so we can get them mailed out on Monday. I can't believe I'm two weeks away from being in my third trimester. This is just nuts. I'm trying my hardest to savor being pregnant but I can't believe how fast it's flying by. 
  • I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow!  We had a scan last friday and found out its a boy and a girl.  I agree with everyone on here - I can't wait to go registry crazy!  There is so much cute gender specific clothes and accessories.  Hats for boys, bows for girls.  On the way to work this morning, I was having some OJ and seltzer.  I guess the sugar must have kicked it because the babies were dancing in my belly to Green Day.  I couldn't feel limbs moving, but it did feel weird.  I've felt baby boy kick twice.  Baby girl is much more calm.

@mjacks16 I love your picture!  It's been so gloomy in NY lately, you must have taken that photo on one of those 60 degree days!  I can't wait for those to come more often.

@wifeinraleigh28  I love your nursery.  The minnie mouse quilt is adorbs.  I can't wait until my nursery is done.  I'll probably sit in there everyday :)

@byrneme  We have similar nursery ideas!  My walls are grey with teal and yellow accents.  I wanted it to be gender neutral just in case it was a boy and girl.  And I love elephants.  I actually have a dumbo mobile on my registry.  I remember in the movie, Dumbo's mom wanted a baby so badly and all the other circus animals were having babies and she was all alone.  Until one day, when the stork brought Dumbo.  Plus, when I was younger, kids used to tease me and call me dumbo because my ears stick out.
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @DDRGirlie congratulations!!!! So happy for you! It's so exciting to register.
    P.s: our twins are TWINNING!! :smile: both are
    boy/girl twins, both our boys are active while are girls laid back and relaxed!! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• @DDRGirlie - Congrats on a boy & a girl! So exciting to be able to have both! 

@mjacks16 - Love your photo!! You guys look so happy!! 

@Colleen0516 - Great to hear that both babies have happy & healthy hearts!  <3

@ARB425 - How has to pillow been working for you?? I've  been having some low back and hip pain as well in the last week or so and have been debating the pillow. A couple are on sale right now at BRU - I think it's the Snoogle. I dont know how I'm going to fit that pillow, DH & our pup in one bed. haha 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Hi ladies! Our A/S went well yesterday but I am apparently growing an uncooperative, gangly and always-on-the move baby. Any time a shot was needed there were legs flailing, arms in front of the face, face down & backwards - you name it! The important this is all looks good. Alas, no real pictures to share (unless you want to see a random foot!) but the tech said we will try again when I go back on the 21st for my fetal echo.

@jwatt5 I wonder the EXACT same thing about where in the world this pillow is going to fit! A friend gave me her Nest pillow and, when it comes time to use it, I think the dog is going to have a rude awakening!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @DDRGirlie Congrats on the baby boy and girl! How exciting!!

@JWatt5 I recommend the back n belly pillow over the snoogle (same company). I have both and I prefer the back n belly because it allows you to sleep on your back comfortably. It's been the only reason I'm getting sleep these days!

• @byrneme - ours too... this pup sleeps on his back all sprawled out. He actually kicked me when I tried to roll over last night lol Great to hear your anatomy scan went well!! :smile:  

@wifeinraleigh28 - Thanks! It's on Amazon.ca Prime too! It's huge but being able to sleep on my back would be a huge plus for me. 

My Glider is in!! So excited to pick that up this weekend!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 The glider is the thing I'm most looking forward to out of all our nursery furniture! It's taking soooooooo long to come in though (it's already been 2 months since we ordered it)! I'm yearning to lounge in it :smiley: Congrats on getting yours in!

• Hi ladies. Anyone purchase a back/belly support? aka a maternity belt?  Any recommendations? 
  • Hi ladies!! I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow- due 8/24. I planned on officially joining this board last week but was overwhelmed with work things. I recently found out I am having a boy! My next appointment is 3/21 which still seems so far away!

QOTW: I am finally going to buy some maternity clothes this weekend...I still don't have too much of a bump but it's slowly starting to pop! We are also going to start a Target registry (we started a Babies R Us one last weekend) so that we can slowly add things in chunks and not feel completely overwhelmed to get it done in one trip or last minute.
  • What glider did everyone pick? I picked one,  but have to change it. It's special order and I don't want to wait til July to get it; the babies can make their appearance before then and I'll feel better knowing I have it. 

Im left to order online, without the "sit test". I'm relying on reviews to help me. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @JWatt5 @wifeinraleigh28 @byrneme
    We got the snoogle...now granted I'm an all over the place sleeper (mostly sides but I used to love stomach and back as well.. I toss and turn like no ones business) and LOVE the snoogle. I get all twisted up in it gloriously haha so I'm really not taking up much more room than I normally am (which is a lot). But the pillow is mostly nestled between my legs and up around behind my head so it's not too bulky in my opinion. Also I find I sleep in a lot of different positions and just kind of adjust it to my needs. That being said, looked into this back n belly pillow you speak of and looks glorious (though would take up much more space). 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited March 2017
    @Colleen0516https://www.besthf.com/best/Storytime/Recliners/items/BENJI - This is my chair I just got in the Birch fabric. (I didn't get the power recline). I like the chair a lot, rocks & reclines and it's not too squishy. I found a lot of the chairs (even with other Best Chairs) sunk down a lot! It was a special order for me so I could get the fabric I wanted but it only took 6 weeks which is great because it's American made and I'm in Canada.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @jwatt5 I ended up getting the boppy custom fit body pillow which I like because I can rearrange the pieces or just use what I need. It has helped my lower back and hips tremendously! I'm a side sleeper though and I just curl up next to it. It doesn't take up too much room in comparison to others I've seen. I've always been rocking my hips back and forth in circles(think hula hooping but slower) to loosen them which has helped as well. I know I probably look totally ridiculous but I don't care at all! 

For our glider We are using a Lazy Boy recliner that was given to us by DH's grandmother. I'm just going to buy a slip cover for it to make it fit in with the room decor and look a little nicer. That chair is super comfy and if I need to sleep in it towards the end of my pregnancy it won't be the worst thing in the world. 

• @JWatt5 @byrneme  i have the snoogle, when i first got it i put it on the edge of the bed and it was like climbing a mountain to get out of bed each morning so i switch sides and put it towards the middle of the bed.  now we have a king size to fit us and the dog and the cat.  putting the snoogle in the middle of the bed was the best thing ever for me, not so much for DH as its now a barrier from the kicking from DH and the dog like i have my own little bed again.  The cat however is determined to sleep at the bottom of the bed/snoogle so it makes it hard when i need to stretch out.  it does take up room but not as much as you would think since you are sleeping on it.

• @JWatt5 I'm with @wifeinraleigh28 on the back n belly pillow. It's the only thing that's worked for me. I can easily turn from side to side when I attempt side sleeping but I mostly sleep on my back at an angle, I just throw an extra down pillow on the back and the angle is perfect. It really helps that it elevates your knees too. My SO and mom both have one as well to help with their back pain. It's also great for just relaxing and reading or watching tv b/c it elevates your head and legs, and supports your back.

• Thanks everyone for all the advice!! My sister just brought over her Snoogle to try out over the weekend. See how it goes - if I'm still flipping around a lot I'll get the Back n Belly - I love the idea of it for the back sleeping. Finn will have to get kicked out of the bed though with that one hehe DH will be sad. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @Colleen0516 I ended up ordering this Best Chairs glider (with matching gliding ottoman) from buy buy baby, but in a solid light gray color to be neutral for a room switch later on:

It was only supposed to take about 8 weeks to come in, but when I called a couple weeks ago to check on the status, they told me that I ordered a really popular fabric/color and it would be another 4-6 weeks. Soooooo, I'm expecting it within the next month. Is yours really going to take until July to come in?? That's insane!

Welcome to 2nd trimester @Stars2016 and congrats on your baby boy!! How exciting! It's so wonderful seeing everyone progressing :)

Just to add to the body pillow discussion... I actually bought my snoogle back when I was about 13/14 weeks along and it served me well (as in, I LOVED it) until I started getting awful carpal tunnel at night. The carpal tunnel really got bad around 23/24 weeks. And I could no longer sleep on my side because it would act up so badly. Those of you who have been around in the 2nd tri check-in for the last few weeks probably remember my constant complaining about it (haha, sorry ladies)! I only just bought my back n belly pillow about 2 weeks ago out of desperation and it has been a serious lifesaver. I was SO sleep deprived before, and now I can actually sleep all night comfortably on my back without the carpal tunnel flaring up.

• @Colleen0516  I'm looking at getting the West Elm Graham Glider  in the dove grey. I like the look of it and it also has a high back which I need because I'm tall! I'm planning to go sit in one this weekend, so I will report back on the comfiness. 

• I like all the chairs that Best Chair Makes - @wifeinraleigh28 - that one you have there is the one they said is the most popular chair! I liked that one as well but the one I picked was just a bit firmer in the seat. Really nice chair!

NIPT results came in all low risk for us! Super happy about that. Now we wait for the Anatomy Scan on the 20th which I don't get any results from until my next appt on April 10th! :/ But they are going to also scan my ovaries that day and I'll get a report on that right away - they are super tender with these cysts. I hope they haven't grown so I can avoid surgery until after the birth! 
    I have a private gender scan set for the 23rd since I'm impatient hehe - Reveal on the 25th!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019