Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Check-In [Week of 3/6]

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What are your favourite snack foods?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Benched/TTA Check-In [Week of 3/6]

• izza2izza2 member
    TTA, nursing school, another 5.5 months to go.

Things are okay. I love seeing the BFP-streak here, and want it to continue, but it also feels like another crowd of TTGP-ers that are moving on while I'm stuck not even in the game again. I'd assume I'd be used to it by now, but nope.
    Also found out that my eldest brother's wife, his eldest daughter, and his step-daughter are all pregnant with "oops" pregnancies. I can't bring myself to even pretend to be excited for any of them.
    DSS has a cold/cough, and if this is any indication, he'll definitely be square on with how to act when he has a "man-cold" when he gets older. His father definitely taught him well.

GTKY: I absolutely love bananas and oranges, and basically any other fruit. Also, cereal is the best midnight snack.
    Has anyone ever tried starfruit/carambola?

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited March 2017
    I haven't actually checked-in in a while, so here it goes.

Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA

What brings you here? Edit: removed touchy material. Reason for being here, wanting to learn to track my cycles for when I do TTC.

How long do you think you'll be here? DH isn't ready for #2 yet, so likely until the end of summer if not early fall. I'll just continue to lurk and participate in side convos here and there so I'm kind of a known face when I do start TTC :)

How have things been going? Alright. I'm super ready for #2, so it's been a little rough though. I've had depression in the past, so I've been feeling a little down the past few days, but not too bad.

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What are your favourite snack foods? Potato chips, cookies, crackers and cheese ball...nothing healthy of course lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA
    What brings you here? 
    I would need a due date after December because of grad school and waiting on DH (his timeline was a little behind mine.)
    Not sure-May? 
    Ok. Grad school is keeping me busy so that is helping and I actually feel like we are getting close so I think that is helping too.
    Any R/R/CS/Q? 
    Nope - after this cycle I am starting to temp so maybe then :)
    All of them  :/ I like snacking way too much. Sweets are my go to.
  • libgirl1981libgirl1981 member
    edited March 2017
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Learning how to track/know my cycle before TTC. 

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully June, but I hope DH will be on board before then. 

How have things been going? Pretty good! DH doesn't shut down when I bring it up, so we're making progress. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? My last period was 1.5 days?!? what was that? 

GTKY: What are your favourite snack foods? Becuase I'm trying to be healthy, it should be apples or carrot sticks or hummus, but it's really cake. I'm such a cake-a-holic. 

oh, @izza2 - I feel for you. I'm not sure how you could be happy for them. :( I know I wouldn't be. I give you so much credit for not being in a ball on the floor, crying my eyes out. 

@icecubeinthedesert - I'm so sorry you're going through this. ER visits are super suck-ola. Professional vs. personal life shouldn't be a choice, but don't feel bad for taking care of yourself personally. You need that JUST as much. 

@bswishe4 - hope your body regulates before too long!

@CecilB93 - I feel you. I've been ready to have #1 for like 3 years now and DH has been super resistant. I'll join your BOTB party anytime! I'm here to learn to track soon. 

@glitzandglitter - you are getting close! Sweets are my super go-to too. 

edited to remove insensitive phrasing. 
  • I'm sorry for your losses
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA because grad school

What brings you here? learning to chart my cycle

How long do you think you'll be here? 2 more cycles! (May)

How have things been going? All good here

Any R/R/CS/Q? nope

GTKY: What are your favourite snack foods? currently I'm into Cheez-Its Snack Mix
  • Does it count as benched if hubs will be away during my next O?

Are you benched or TTA? 
    I think benched.
    What brings you here? 
    Hubs leaving to work out of tomorrow, CD1 today and he's gone for 2 weeks, and I usually O on CD12 or 13. 
    Just one cycle, hopefully!
    Fine. Up until AF arrived this was our first real college try this go round, prior we were NTNP, and I was BSC SS and convinced I was KU. AF was a kick in the gut this morning. I'm going to take this 'off' cycle as an opportunity to learn how to temp so I have a good idea how it works next cycle when hopefully our timing should work out. 
    Any R/R/CS/Q? 
    Rave: One tiny benefit of AF arriving is DH and I can spend his last night here hanging out in our hottub without worrying. 
    Rant: AF cramps suck
    Q: Anyone have any tips/tricks for temping while working shift work/nights?
    Candy - anything sour like sour patch kids, sourkeys and the like. Or Nibs... Mmmm nibs
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited March 2017
    @heatherdubrow Yes I know. Hence the added TW to my post. I wasn't trying to rub it in anyones face by any means, that's the LAST thing I want to do. I've been lurking on this board, and posting here and there as I can participate, so I understand that's a touchy subject. But, I'm not going to allow anyone to make me feel ashamed of that happening. I try not to mention that fact here, but it was relevant to my reason for wanting to be active on this board, so I felt okay to mention it with a TW.

ETA the only reason I'm TTA at the moment is because DH isn't on board to try for #2. BOTB isn't active, hence my reason for wanting to lurk on this board and attempt to participate where I can.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Everyone, my apologies as well. I'm so sorry if I have inadvertently hurt anyone's feelings with my posts. I will be more considerate in the future. 
  • My apologies if my post here came across as insensitive... I just didn't know where else I fit in. Please feel free to educate me where it would be most appropriate for me to share my frustration. I am so sorry for all of the losses mentioned by PPs, I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through </3
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • izza2izza2 member
    So, now my question:
    This thread was first created for benched ladies and those that were already TTC, but had to go back to TTA for whatever reason (whether that was for a longer period of time, or for one or two cycles). I've been in that second category since its first conception. I even made a thread specifically asking thoughts on people who were TTC and had to return to TTA staying on TTGP or going over to BOTB; everyone agreed that they could stay on TTGP.
    But that was also over a year ago, and there were a lot of different faces.

I try to be sensitive when posting in the thread and keep in mind that it is meant as a safe-have for anyone who is benched, and I would hope that if I ever wasn't, someone would say so.
    However, my question is this:

I've seen some mention in this conversation of separating BOTB and Benched/TTA, and that those who are TTA for long periods of time should move to BOTB. What is the general consensus on the shift for those TTA for longer periods of time, after having started TTC?

While I fully support the first - because even I've been hesitant and not keen on posting because it has become more of a BOTB thread, despite my attempts to subtly change bolding and underlining to point out the "those who've already started TTC". The second, personally sucks. TTGP has been my home for over a year and a half. I would hate to move to BOTB, and I honestly just wouldn't post if that was the case, but I also want to follow the flow of the community.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    No hard feelings, ladies! No matter what anyone's circumstances are, we all want babies here! We don't want to shut anyone out, because it's the worst feeling in the world when you want to be pregnant, but aren't or can't be. I know how most people on this thread feel - I spent time on BOTB and it was way more dead then than it is now. However, I saw a nice core of ladies starting weekly threads and everything recently. I get that this board sees more action. I've also spend time on this thread due to Zika exposure and *TW* miscarriage */TW* Honestly, our goal is to have everyone in the game and having no one on the bench, but life doesn't always work out that way. I'm sure we can find a happy medium. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • This discussion is making me wonder if I should have posted in previous TTA/Benched discussions, or if I should be referring to myself as benched at all. 

I'm sorry if any of my previous contributions were insensitive. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @jsnakehole I think you're fine. You did ttc and were active here first. Plus you've always been very supportive. Just my two cents.

• notthefathernotthefather member
    edited March 2017
    (Newbie who is currently avoiding for personal reasons here) With BOTB being slow there is certainly a no-man's land for people who are in situations like many on this post avoiding for non medical reasons, including me. That being said, to me it appears that @glitzandglitter and several others have been trying really hard to get the BOTB board up and running again. I fit better on that board for now and promise to help make it active if others feel more comfortable posting there. 

@icecubeinthedesert, @bswishe4, @purplg8r I am so sorry for all you are going through. While TTA for personal reasons really sucks, what you are going through is beyond horrible and unfair. My heart aches for you all.

(Edited for clarity.)

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @icecubeinthedesert I'm so sorry you ended up with an ER visit. I did too and the whole process sucks. hugs girl

@purplg8r I'm so sorry its confirmed ectopic. I also hated not being able to use tampons. Until recently becoming a cup convert I was a die hard tampon user and having to switch to pads was super uncomfortable.  Your in my thoughts and I'm sending big hugs your way

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17