March 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly BItch Fest (3/6)

13»

Re: Weekly BItch Fest (3/6)

• Options
    @MMaru that is so obnoxious of your boss. Really?!? and ya insomnia sucks. i never found anything that worked but if it's any consolation I have been passing out instantly since having DD. Obviously the broken sleep still exists but hopefully soon you can just lay down and not organize your shoe closet in your head for the 30th time haha or whatever keeps you up

• Options
    @kiyamurph I feel your pain! DD wakes up around 1:00am each night and comes into our bed. Last night she fell out of her toddler bed at 10:15. Luckily DH has been taking her in the guest bedroom to sleep so me and my reflux self and toss and turn all night and catch a few zzzs, but it's scary to think that I won't really have any help with newborn support at night since neither kid would sleep all night. Can't imagine what will happen when he has to travel for work next. Aghhh!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kiyamurph I feel your pain! DD wakes up around 1:00am each night and comes into our bed. Last night she fell out of her toddler bed at 10:15. Luckily DH has been taking her in the guest bedroom to sleep so me and my reflux self and toss and turn all night and catch a few zzzs, but it's scary to think that I won't really have any help with newborn support at night since neither kid would sleep all night. Can't imagine what will happen when he has to travel for work next. Aghhh!!!!
    Two words:
    Family bed
     :s  :s:s
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina. Yeah. I think it's finally time to give up the good fight and just invest in that California King. Prob time to just face the fact that we're gonna have babies in our bed for the next couple of years no matter.
  • Options
    @SienaC I'm in the same boat with my SIL & her husband refusing to get their flu & tdap shots. It's so frustrating. Both of them are constantly sick and I do not want to take any chances with my LO, so sorry but not sorry I'm not making exceptions, they can either respect my wishes or wait a few months until they get to be near my son.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SienaC and @serenity13 I was coming here to bitch about my MIL and TDAP.

My twins are 1 month old, and she has not been by to see them bc she flat out refuses to get the TDAP shot. She is afraid of conventional medicine (she loves old world Polish remedies). She has convinced herself that she's allergic to all
    medicine. I mean everything. Multivitamins, Tylenol, antibiotics, shots... she told my husband that she's allergic. At first he blew her off because he knows how she is (hypochondriac). I made it clear I'm not backing down. This is the pissing match I will not lose. But she calls my husband every day and reminds him that she's allergic to the shot, and he's starting to believe her.

Fast forward to this weekend. My mom has been helping by staying overnight every couple of days so that I can sleep (the most amazing gift), but can't come to help for 5 days (starting yesterday... pray for me) and my husband keeps hinting that we could call his mom and she would be happy to come help, and how she sure waited out the TDAP thing like he knew she would... and I reminded him that she will not come here until she gets the shot, or gets a letter from a doctor (not a witch doctor) explaining why she is unable to get a shot due to allergies or intolerance to an ingredient in the shot. 

My FIL will not get the shot either... bc he is dying of lung cancer and getting out of the house would
    be problematic for him. He's not quite ready for hospice care, but pretty close. He's been homebound for about 6 months. I would like him to meet the babies, but I'm in a tough spot because of this pissing match with my MIL.
  • Options
    My MIL always feels the need to comment on how small or how big I am ... I'm 37.5 weeks pregnant clearly I am aware that I am not small ... no need for the comments! That is all... 
  • Options
    @direwolfmini I thought your MIL and DH went to go get their TDAP shots together a few weeks ago? Did they try to fake it? I must have missed an update! Geez, I can't believe she is trying to say she's allergic to it! what the heck?!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    MMaruMMaru member

Joining the TDAP bitchfest – husband has still not gotten his, despite acknowledging that it is vital and we are less than two weeks from our due date, and I have been reminding him almost daily.  He also called off work again today, which he has been doing a lot lately, adding financial stress to my already hormonal, anxiety-laden brain.  And when he called off, he told them that I was having contractions and might be going into labor because he didn’t want to call in sick again.  He apparently got written up for calling in sick too often and didn’t tell me, so now I wondering if he might lose his job soon.  Also, does he not realize that they’ll know he was lying when there’s no baby??  On top of that, they were doing a car seat safety check today that, since he wasn’t going to work, I made him take his car to while I took mine.  He asked where it was and when I told him, balked at going because… it’s twenty minutes away from our apartment, and that’s apparently just too far.  The rate he has been going lately, I may be a widow before this baby arrives.

• Options
    @SienaC I forgot to update (mommy brain..)

When it became clear that she was skirting getting the shot, and kept rescheduling when she would come and take him, my husband had his friend take him. He also had the friend get the shot (he is here a lot and runs errands for us/ fixes things for us around the house so it was smart for him to get it.)

He went maybe 2 weeks ago when the babies were 2 weeks old.

@MMaru that is frustrating! Some guys process becoming dad's in a really strange way. My husband actually was unemployed until 4 days after the babies were born so I definitely fee you on the financial concerns! 

@sunshine507 oh my word, not cool.
  • Options
    I just want to complain about DH being the best man in a wedding 6 weeks after this baby is due. DH has gone above and beyond for this guy; threw a super nice bachelor party, helped him move things, helped him look for tuxes, we already paid for the hotel room that night (by his friend was calling on the regular to make sure we did), not to mention we already purchased their wedding gift, etc. We have easily put up over $1,000 for this wedding. Said friend hasn't recognized the fact that we are due with a baby this month. I know I'm sounding incredibly selfish but we had a co-Ed baby shower and he didn't even come or recognize the fact that it was happening. Then yesterday we get a text that the fitting for the tuxes must be done by April 13. The place to get the fitting is over an hour away. Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but I told DH no way is he leaving for a few hours on the weekend while I'm at home on bedrest for that and due this month. I guess we/he will make a road trip after DS arrives. Ugh I think what is bothering me the most is that their has literally been no recognition of what is happening in our lives but they are sure bound and determined to make sure we know what's happening in theirs.  
  • Options
    Don't know if I should put this here, or in symptoms... But all day EVERYTHING has been irritating me... even though I've been doing things I normally enjoy. I slept okay last night, slept in until 9am.... hubby made me a nice breakfast, took the dog to the park (it was 60 and sunny today), went and got a coffee, cleaned the apt, got dinner in the crockpot, took a nap... but still I feel SO restless and agitated. Like everything and everyone is making me irrationally angry for no reason whatsoever. I feel so bad for DH because he's being so nice and helpful, and I can't help but being a raging hormonal jerk today. :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie that was me yesterday & the day before! Irrational anger all over the place. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @npaulie I felt that exact way a couple times this week! I've managed to go this entire pregnancy without feeling like I lost control of my emotions, until this week! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @Jilliants. I'm 6 foot and lately everything is too low to the ground.