Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-In: March 6

pdbirdpdbird member
edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: Just for fun, If you could magically gift your partner one aspect/thing from your pregnancy so you didn't have to deal with it, what would it be?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@kfras EDD 3/15/17 with a little boy
@pdbird EDD 3/22/17 with a little boy
@Happydays13 EDD 4/5/17 with 2 girls
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with a little girl
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with a little boy
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with a little boy
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with a little boy
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with a little girl
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with a little surprise bean
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17 with little boy
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with a little girl
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with a little boy
@pnw12rn EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@cato99 EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@kelrauh EDD 5/9/17 with boy/girl twins
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with a little girl

Hopefully, congratulations can go out to @yelllow22!! Looking forward to hearing about your baby girl!

Me: 37 DH:41
10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-In: March 6

• @yelllow22 thinking about you and hope you are enjoying your sweet baby girl! 

I am officially 1 month from EDD! So excited as I see the names move up on the list above! Weekly appointments start Wednesday! 

I received my group gift from my co-workers which was the Halo bassinet ( which I wanted !)and was the last thing we needed before she got here.They were so generous had also sheets,mattress covers, mobile and a little extra for a gift card feel so blessed!

QOTW: Hmmm this is hard...DH has been so awesome it's hard to think of 'gifting' him something but if I could it would be the food/drink limitations....sometimes I just want to eat/drink without having to think about it lol!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • Ah another week closer to holding my little one! My appointments will now be 2 weeks about for the next month and then weekly till baby comes. I'm a little bit excited about my shower coming up this weekend but at the same time I'm not so keen on being the focus. Everything is looking good with baby and I'm starting to read up more about the first few weeks after birth (there is so much to think about when looking after a tiny human!). 4 weeks left of work for me hurrah!

I've also been thinking about @yelllow22 and hoping that everything is going smoothly! 

Yay for being 1 month out @2legbaby that is so exciting! And how nice of your co-workers! What a great gift. Are you feeling good now that everything is bought and ready for your little one? 

QOTW: I think I'd pass on either my poor sleeping or my need to pee a gazillion times throughout the night! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

• Loading the player...
  • kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited March 2017
    Hi ladies! 
    I am joining you here in the 3rd tri. I am 28 weeks and 1 day with boy/girl twins. My estimated due date is May 28 but I have a scheduled c-section for May 9th. We do not think I will make it to that mark though. 

I have been on hospital bed rest for almost 6 weeks due to having no measurable cervix. If I make it to 32 weeks I believe I can go home for bed rest. Babies have had two full rounds of steroids and we are waiting patiently for them to make their appearance, no matter how early or late it maybe. 

QOTW: this is a hard one as the last 6 weeks DH has had to go through a lot so I wouldn't give him any of the bad. I wish he could know what it was like to feel them move. I feel so connected to the babies because I can feel them moving all over which makes this process easier, he feels them outside but its not the same. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Hi all, 35 weeks tomorrow. This week I believe I have the strepB test at the dr's and will be continuing to go every week until this little one comes. Our nursery is just about all put together, now I just need to hang stuff on the walls. 

Qotw: I would gift him my inability to drink alcohol. Not like I'm going nuts for a drink but we went out to eat Saturday with my sister who had her baby 2 months ago and I was so jealous of her sangria. 

@kelrauh welcome to the 3rd trimester! I hope your little ones stay put for as long as possible. 

@2legbaby we also got the halo, it's amazing! I can't wait to use it
  • Hi! 34 weeks here! Can't believe we are all SO CLOSE!! Doc appt this Friday and then we move to weekly appts I believe. Hoping these weekly appts are a little more in-depth. Getting tired of driving an hour round-trip for a 10 min "how are you" appt. Sorry if that sounds bad, but it's a pretty big hassle for not a lot of info.

QOTW: y'all are so sweet with your answers!! Hubby has been pretty great, but sometimes I don't think he realizes how bad it SUCKS to hang out late with everyone while they are drinking. Gets pretty boring. So yeah, I would "gift" the inability to drink alcohol. I really have no desire to drink right now, but just would like him to know how it feels.

@ale9687 I feel ya, girl. Soon we will be the ones with the sangria! :)

@yelllow22 hope everything went smoothly and you are cuddling with baby girl right now!!!

@kelrauh praying your babes stay put as long as possible! My birthday is May 9th, so that would be pretty cool if they waited until then :)! Just in case they don't though, an encouraging story: my SIL had her baby at 30 weeks in Sept. She had pre-term labor starting @ 26 weeks, so she was getting steroid injections as well. Baby spent 6 weeks in the NICU and then got to go home! All is well and she is actually developing ahead of her gestational age! Hope that makes you feel better. GL!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Hi Ladies! Tomorrow I am 37 weeks. I had my Strep B test last Friday and the cervix check. They reassured me that this kid is not coming anytime soon. My cervix was so high up (along with the baby), no dilation or effacement. The doc is pretty sure I will have the scheduled c-section on 3/22 and my little guy will not be making his appearance any earlier.

Crib is coming today and I hope to set it up tonight with DH. I still need to get our taxes done as I do not want to have to do that after the baby is born. 

QOTW: I love everyone's answers! I think I would gift the joy of trying to bend over to pick something up or tying shoes. Every time I bend over, I make a small grunt. Would love to share that experience! ;)

Side note . . . if anyone wants to take over being moderator for the 3rd Tri, please let me know. I will post next week's (March 13) post as my last post as moderator. I will be 38 weeks by then. The following week, I have my c-section and will need a new moderator for the 3rd Tri group. 
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @yelllow22 Hope you and your baby girl are settling in well! Congrats!! 

@2legbaby Yay for being one month out! You are almost there!!!

@teriulbricht I feel like I need to start reading up, too. Even though this is our second time around, I feel like I've forgotten everything from those first few weeks!

@kelrauh Congrats on making it to 3rd tri! Your little family is in my prayers. I know you have been through a LOT already, and I hope that things go more smoothly for you moving forward. <3 

@ale9687 I'm so jealous that you have your nursery put together! I won't be able to work on ours for another couple of weeks, but I'm dying to get it done so that I can check that off my list.

@babylonghorn16 I hope that your OB appointments get better as you get closer to your due date. That is a LOT of time to spend just for a quick check-in!

@pdbird You are getting so close! March 22 is right around the corner!!!

AFM, I am 31+3 today, things are going well overall. My next appointment is on Wednesday, and I definitely have some more specific questions for my OB as we get closer and closer to the end here. I defend my dissertation next week, then I have one more out-of-town conference the following weekend. After that, I will finally be able to stay put and start nesting! I can't wait!! :) 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @kelrauh - I added you above to the list. Welcome and congrats!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am 30+5 today.  Had a growth US last week at my 30 week appointment, which was cool.  Not so cool was Little Miss's complete lack of cooperation yet again. At our 12 week US, she wouldn't take her thumb out of her mouth so they could check for cleft palate; at the 20 week US, she kept her forearms crossed in front of her face so we couldn't get a good peek at her face, and during this latest one she was facing straight forward and refused to turn to either side so they could evaluate her spine and brain.  I had to get up and go pee and do squats and walk around, but she would only wiggle and not turn a bit.  I really hope this behavior doesn't continue after birth... =)

Other than her stubbornness, everything looks great.  She measured at 3lbs 7oz, which was at the 53rd percentile.  Because I am old, they want to do another growth ultrasound--I guess they usually do them every 2 weeks for us geriatric ladies, but things were so totally boring (even the amniotic fluid levels were smack dab in the middle of average, as is my textbook pound a week weight gain and spot on fundal height measurements), they will push it to my 34th week instead.

We are into the every-two-week appointment phase now.  They are supposed to call me on Weds with the exact time, for our C section, which is exciting.

Also finally getting things moving in the nursery!  I'm done painting the room (a 2 month saga involving up to 5 coats of paint in areas and a new appreciation for the benefits of using primer), and we ModPodge'd a big world map onto the bifold closet doors and it looks awesome!  Just need to find a dresser and paint or stain it to match, and get a mattress for the crib.  Plus a bunch of crafty projects, but those are all the little bits I'll do, not the big requirements.  Although, we have an Arm's Reach co-sleeper we'll be using for the first 6 months or so, so we don't technically need the crib/mattress at all.  I just couldn't envision having a nursery without a crib in it! (plus BRU had an awesome Black Friday deal where the crib I had in my registry was over 50% off, so I snatched it up).
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Congrats @kelrauh for making it to the third tri! I'm sure this has really not been easy for you, especially being on bed rest IN the hospital and not the comfort of your own home. You are a super mum already! I agree with you on wishing my DH could feel the movements like I do, for some reason whenever my LO is acting all crazy and I tell DH to feel it, he settles down and acts all normal haha

@ale9687 sounds like you're almost ready for you LO to arrive, with the nursery almost set up? Is there anything else on your list before he comes?

@babylonghorn16 I hear you on those 10 minute appointments, I went to one this week, it took me 30 minutes to get there and get a park, and it felt like I had my blood pressure checked, I was measured and then off I went. I think I was still sitting down chatting while my midwife was opening the door ready for me to leave! Thankfully they haven't all been like that.

@pdbird its getting so close to birth day for you!! 

@BlueEyedDreamer I'm sure no matter how much reading I do I'll still be in for a shock as this is my first, but it somehow feels a little more reassuring that I've got some idea what could  happen. 

@PNW12RN sounds like you have a cheeky one on your hands hehe. So exciting that you'll find out your C-section details soon! Things in my nursery have been a bit slow, we painted, then pulled out an old built-in cupboard/dresser which was obviously original as the floorboards underneath were raw. SO we then had to sand back the entire floor and then re-stain. BUT it feels good to have it almost ready to move the furniture in. I love the idea of the world map!! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

• edited March 2017
    @pdbird wow only a couple more weeks for you!! SO exciting!!!

@BlueEyedDreamer good luck on your dissertation! Hopefully you can start fully nesting soon - it's fun! :)

@PNW12RN sounds like a rascal! I'm jealous you get to see baby so often. I haven't seen my LO since week 18 and probably won't again until birth!

@teriulbricht I've been reading up on sleep patterns and how best to teach self-soothing (down the road of course...). I want my LO to be sleeping well when I go back to work (4 months). It's a LOT of info. I still need a crash course on breastfeeding and general infant care though. So much to learn!!

AFM - hubby and I caught a cold... most likely from the kisses our 2 y/o nephew gave us this weekend. So I'm feeling pretty rough last night, but making dinner while hubby is on couch. He was moaning and groaning all the while I'm cooking AND 34 weeks preg WITH a cold as well. He started calling my name feebly from the couch because he wanted me to get him something... then said I don't "sound that bad" whenever I told him to shush because I feel just as bad. Grrrr. I then proceeded to show him this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ - it's so accurate!!! He got a kick out of it. I think men give us pretty good practice for child care LOL
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • So true @babylonghorn16! That was funny. Thank you for sharing.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @babylonghorn16 dh had a "cold" the other day and I just asked our Amazon Alexa what the definition of a man cold is just like the commercial. That shut him up real quick haha. 

@pnw12rn that's exciting you'll see your little one so much before birth, even if she's being stubborn! 

@teriulbricht I think most things for little one are done, although I'm sure I could always find more clothes to wash haha. I do have a day planned where my sister and mom are coming over to organize the rest of the house and get rid of any crap that's just taking up space. also if you haven't already check out the book, happiest baby on the block. It talks about how to smooth your baby, it's been reccomended to me by tons of new moms. 

Also so I was SHOCKED but today was my work baby shower. We have such a large office with so many teams I really didn't expect anything but they had decorated the kitchen and brought in cake and goodies. I am only in the office two more days before I work from home full time so it was nice to catch up with everyone before I go out. 
  • @babylonghorn16 that video is hilarious and so true! It's always the end of the world when they're sick. Although I must admit I am pretty bad at being sick too hehe. And yes! There is so much to learn, but I guess most of it we will learn along the way. I'm thankful to have had some training in childcare so I feel like I've at least got the basics but there is still so much that you won't learn from books but rather just by doing. I am sure we are all going to be great mama's! 

@ale9687 DH and I did a similar clear out a few months ago, it felt so good to clear some things that we were just holding on to "because". Although my study is a disaster zone, so I'll be tackling that today. Thanks for the recommendation, I have seen a few people on this board talking about that book so I will definitely check it out! The office shower sounds so nice! It's nice when people go above and beyond what you expect of them, makes you feel loved and appreciated!
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Yay @yelllow22!  She is just precious and so glad your C section went smoothly- so happy for you!

@kelrauh welcome to the third trimester, so glad your LOs have stayed safe and sound this far and hope that the rest of your in hospital bed rest is uneventful!

@teriulbricht I am feeling a little more prepared now...feel like most of what we needed to get done before she gets here is ready, have car seats in and just need to get them inspected! I hope you have a great shower, but I did find it hard to be "center of attention" and it definitely was overwhelming!

@ale9687 my husband wasn't real excited when he saw that the Halo takes up space on our bed....I think he was hoping once I wasn't pregnant anymore and got rid of my gigantic pregnancy pillow he would have more room-poor guy :)

@babylonghorn16 that is a long way to go for appointments!!! Mine have usually been very brief too, but at least my clinic is 10 mins away-only a few more weeks of appointments for you though!!!

@pdbird I like your QOTW "gift"...why is putting on shoes and socks so hard?

@BlueEyedDreamer good look on your dissertation next week! It will be so great to get that over with!

@PNW12RN sounds like you are keeping busy! It is crazy how different OBs (and REs) are...I am the same age as you and despite how we came to be pregnant, our OB has treated our pregnancy like a normal one so our last ultrasound was the anatomy scan at 20wks....they said they aren't planning on doing another unless concerns about her position.

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Ah congratulations @yelllow22 I didn't see your post before my other one went up. So glad that it all went smoothly and she is now BF like a champ! She's adorable!

@2legbaby the car seat is on my list for the next couple of weeks. I'm trying not to do things too early so once I hit 36 weeks I'll probably organise to have that done. Thanks, I'm sure it will be great, the hosts have organised some fun (lame) games that I'm actually looking forward to hehe

Question - does anybody know of a good hospital bag list? I want to start organising that next week and have no idea where to start. TIA
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @teriulbricht I combined mine from a couple different sites, but also got good ideas from the bumps "what not to bring" ...a lot of lists say to bring your own towel but someone pointed out that with all the bleeding  (down there!) You may want to just sacrifice and use skimpy hospital ones....or take one you don't care if it gets ruined. I am also packing a garbage bag for same reason-dirty/soiled clothes
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @teriulbricht I started buying the cheapest black leggings I could find on Amazon so I won't be sad if they get ruined. Also either nursing tanks or maternity tanks to wear with a zip up sweatshirt. I am now on the hunt for cheap pajamas that I will probably just toss after the hospital. 

@yelllow22 congratulations! So happy to hear bf is now working out for you!
  • Lurking from 2nd tri***
    @yellow22 she is beautiful!! Congratulations!!! 

@kelrauh any updates? I've been thinking of you and just noticed that your graduated up to 3rd tri. Hoping you and the babies are doing well. 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @yelllow22 CONGRATS!!! She is absolutely beautiful!! Not gonna lie, I definitely teared up during that read. I cannot WAIT to experience childbirth + being a momma! Glad you got through your bf road blocks! Good luck on the rest of your journey!

@teriulbricht I've read a few lists, but they seem to include A LOT of unnecessary items. Feel like they want you to pack for a week's vacation or something. I just packed my hospital bag based on a mix of lists. I included:
    - pajamas + maternity tank
    - toothbrush/paste for myself and hubby
    - baby outfit
    - no slip socks
    - outfit to go home in
    - fresh pair of clothes for hubby
    - lotion + chapstick

I found all the other stuff to be too much for us. Might add a few things as well go along, but for now, that's it! Hope that helps!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @yelllow22 Congrats! She is absolutely adorable!! Glad to hear that BFing is going well, too! Enjoy that sweet baby!

AFM, I just got home from a day in the hospital! They noticed a deceleration in the baby's heartbeat during my OB checkup this morning, so they did a NST. They saw it again there and sent me over to L&D for further monitoring. They also noted some protein in my urine and wanted to get me checked out for preeclampsia (even though my BP is always low). So off I went for a day of tests and craziness! While I was hooked up to the machines, they noticed I was contracting somewhat frequently and tested my cervix for signs of premature labor. At the end of the day, everything came back fine. I'm doing a 24-hr urine catch to follow up on the possible preeclampsia, although it's looking unlikely based on my other labs.

It's just been a super stressful and emotionally exhausting day. I'm happy that everything checked out and happy to be home. But I feel like this seed of anxiety has now been planted, and I have so much to worry about that never even crossed my mind before today. :neutral:
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @2legbaby Thanks!

@teriulbricht  I will post my hospital bag list on the randoms thread in case it's helpful for anyone

@ale9687 Thank you, being able to bf her feels like a huge accomplishment!

@Colleen0516 Thanks, I'm very happy to see you in the 2nd trimester, Congratulations!

@babylonghorn16 Good luck to you as well... I also have teared up so many times reading stories here, I mean, we are witnessing the biggest miracle there is!

@BlueEyedDreamer Glad you are home and ok, sorry you had such a crazy day, let us know how the urine test comes back. Did they tell you to be on bedrest?
    37 y.o 
    TTC since October 2014
    DX: Unexplained fertility 
    3 Failed IUI's 2015
    1st IVF cycle March 2016 , planned ICSI, PGS, FET
    ER 3/31/16 30 retrieved, 26 fertilized normally
    Sent 8 embryos for PGS: 5 normal (3 AA, 1BA, 1BC)
    FET 5/11/16 (1 embryo)
    Beta 5/23/16 BFN  :(
    2nd FET 6/12/16 (1 5AA embryo)
    ++++TW++++
    Beta 6/22/16 : BFP!!!  169 
    Beta #2 6/24/16: 412
    DD born 3/2/17
  • @Colleen0516 - things are fairly calm here. A few contractions but nothing they are worried about. Babies are doing good on the nonnstress tests I get twice a day. 

@BlueEyedDreamer - sorry for your crazy day. I hope everything calms down. I get irratibility contractions that are nonproductive from babies moving, maybe that's what you are having. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @BlueEyedDreamer so sorry for your stressful day! I am glad they took every precaution to get you and LO checked out but I can imagine (being a worrier myself!)all the other questions/ worries this has triggered. Hope the follow up testing looks good!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Thanks @2legbaby @ale9687 @babylonghorn16  for your suggestions! I felt like the lists I've seen online have quite a few unnecessary items and I've also been on the hunt for cheap pjs and clothes etc @yelllow22 that would be great I'll check it out! 

@BlueEyedDreamer sorry to hear about your day! I hope there's nothing to it and everything is just fine. I've started down the anxiety pathway too. I've been pretty relaxed about everything since the first trimester past but not I'm starting to worry about complications with the birth or complications they haven't picked up on the ultrasounds. I'm not hugely anxious but every now and then these things pop into my mind. I just can't wait to hold LO in my arms, but then I guess there's a whole other set of worries we'll be dealing with as they grow. I'll be thinking of you and sending positivity your way for good news tomorrow! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Hey ladies! Catching up on posts. Wow @BlueEyedDreamer! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I had a similar experience today but somewhat opposite. I spent an hour with two nurses trying to find the HR of the baby because he wouldn't sit still and kept kicking the monitor. The doctor wanted me to go to L&D to be monitored further, but one of the nurses convinced him to let me try for 10 more minutes and we were able to get enough monitoring that he let me not go to L&D. The nurse told me this happens very far and few and most women never have issues with NST's. It's usually the case you had, about the HR being low and not getting the baby to move.

As far as packing, I just wore the hospital gown until I left the hospital. Then I came home in sweats and a tee shirt, but I never "leaked" or felt I had to throw away my clothes. I also brought my own overnight pads as they limit you with the ones they provide to wear with the mesh undies. I would also bring your own underwear. I have not packed my hospital bag. The only thing I packed was my toiletries bag which is tiny and will just grab and go. I figure my DH will be going back and forth to home and he can pick me up anything I may need. I think I'm super relaxed on these things now that I've gone through it before. I wish I was more like that when we go on vacations! ;)    

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a growth ultrasounds today at 28 weeks and 5 days. Babies are 2lb 8oz and 2lb 12oz. I cannot believe how much they have grown in the 6 weeks we have been at the hospital. It is hard to believe they will be hitting the 3lb mark soon. My baby shower is on the 19th, so I am hoping the babies stay put until after, because I do not want to be recovering from a c-section at my baby shower. All of my doctors also agreed that if all is still calm I can go home on bed rest on 3/21! That would put me at 30 weeks and 2 days. I am nervous and excited about that. I dont think I would be heart broken if I had to stay at this point. It sucks being up here but I am monitored often and there's a sense of safety that I wouldnt have at home. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Good to hear everything is going well @kelrauh and have they moved that date forward for home and bedrest? 

@babylonghorn16 the dress looks great! Have fun at your shower tomorrow! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @teriulbricht - yes, for some reason they moved it forward. They had been saying 32 weeks but it is now 30. I think I may be that they know I will have symptoms of labor and that it will most likely take a bit longer for me to dialate than expected 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @kelrauh I understand why you might be a bit apprehensive about leaving the safety and monitoring of the hospital. How far away do you live from the hospital?
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @pdbird has anyone offered to take over the board? If not I'm happy to do it? 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @teriulbricht - No one has offered to take it over yet. I will post for this last week and then if you want, you can begin posting the week of the 20th. :smiley: Thank you!!

BabyFetus Ticker