January 2016 Moms
Options

Nap Check In

Now that our LOs are 13/14 months, I'm curious about everyone's nap schedule? My LO has been fighting at least one of her two naps for the last 2 weeks so I'm thinking she might be ready to go down to 1 nap. I think she's more ready for it than I am! If she only naps once a day (which she has been for the last 2 weeks) it's not like she naps a long time.... It can be anywhere from 20 min to an hour and 20 minutes max. 

Re: Nap Check In

• Options
    We still do 2 naps most days, usually 1.5 hours each.  The first one is about 2 hours after he wakes up and the second is 3 hours after nap 1 ends.  He has developed an unfortunate habit of pooping about 10 minutes after we put him down for his first nap which generally ruins the whole thing and he only does one nap those days.  It's still at the same time and about the same length as on the two nap days
  • Options
    We are actually struggling with excessive sleepiness this past week. But we have been doing one long mid day nap...If not he sleeps like 6 hours in naps then 10 hrs at night
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO currently takes 2 naps a day. They can range anywhere from 40 minutes each nap or an 1.5 each nap. Sometimes she misses one nap totally because she refuses to take it. Like today for instance, she took an 1.5 this morning and refused her second nap! So inconsistent. 
  • Options
    We have been on one nap for a while now. It lasts 1.5-2.5 hours at his sitter's house apparently, but more like 30-40 minutes at home. He did give us 1.5 hours yesterday but today back to 30 min and then 40 min on daddy since he was so fussy from being tired still. 
  • Options
    We are mainly doing one a day around 12:00. He sleeps anywhere from 2-3 hours. If he takes a short nap, I try to get him to take a second one but that rarely works out haha. On those days, we just shoot for an early bedtime!
  • Options
    We finally have Brynlee taking a nap (haha). She consistently takes one nap a day, that usually lasts about an hour and a half, but sometimes lasts as long as three hours. 
  • Options
    We are still at two naps a day ranging from 45min-1.5 hours. He's an absolute grouch if he doesn't get 2 naps in. 
  • Options
    We have been on one so a day for a long time. It can range between 1hr-2.5. Rarely is it 2.5 or more. And it's usually around 12pm. 
  • Options
    Baby girl has dropped herself to one nap they have been anywhere from 2 hours sometimes 3-4 hours usually taken at noon or 1 pm. If she does want a second nap it's usually later in the evening and she maybe falls asleep in my arms so I will either let her sleep in my arms or on her little baby fold out couch where she will only nap for 30 mins to an hour if it's not to late and she's right with us so we can wake her anytime we feel is necessary so she doesn't ruin her sleep for the night. Then she will sleep all night long still probably averaging 10 hours.
  • Options
    Still at two, 1.5 hour naps here. If she misses her morning nap, she'll do a 2.5 hour nap in the middle of the day, usually around noon. Thankfully, she is pretty happy even if she misses a nap, which is pretty convenient for weekends if we want to be out for long periods of time. 
  • Options
    kaym6kaym6 member
    Still attempting two even though he's refused the second for a couple weeks now I keep trying because he's obviously tired when I lay him down. Will do about 1-1.5 hours in the morning no problem but will cry like he's being murdered when I lay him down for the afternoon one. 
  • Options
    kaym6 said:
    Still attempting two even though he's refused the second for a couple weeks now I keep trying because he's obviously tired when I lay him down. Will do about 1-1.5 hours in the morning no problem but will cry like he's being murdered when I lay him down for the afternoon one. 
    This sounds like my baby lol 
  • Options
    We've been on one nap for a long time. Its usually 2.5 hours at home but at my parents (she goes twice a week instead of daycare) she does 1.5 hours usually. 
  • Options
    We're still doing two 1.5-hour naps. Sometimes the times vary longer or shorter but 90% of the time he's right at 1.5 hours. Like @nackie one is normally about 2 hours after wakeup and the next is after about 3 hours. He sleeps 11-11.5 hours at night. 
  • Options
    We have dropped to one nap at about 1 and he naps for about two hours. I wake him after two hours or he doesn't like to go to bed at bed time. I thought i would hate dropping to one nap, but he actually keeps a schedule a lot better now!
  • Options
    OK I'm ready to give up nap battles and make the switch to 1 nap. But this transition phase and figuring out the timing of the 1 nap is aweful. 
  • Options
    kaym6kaym6 member
    @fishee333 I also want to switch to one because he's refused the second for a couple weeks and I'm tired of the nap battle also but I don't even know how to go about it! He wakes up at 6 and is def ready for a nap by 930 the latest I've been able to push it ever was 10 so idk how I'll ever be able to push that back to lunch time! He's always always soooo tired in the afternoon he needs the second nap but won't take it. I hate the nap wars haha 
  • Options
    @kaym6 Yes I know! I wish I knew the best way to make this transition. My LO is definitely tired with just one and needs a second, but she is so stubborn. I remember a long time ago when we switched from 3 naps to 2, she was so tired until she finally got used to her new 2 nap schedule. I forget how long that took though :/
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    We switched from two naps to one around LOs first bday. The hardest part was trying to figure out a new routine and what steps needed to happen for her to be ready to nap. The routine that's working for us is diaper change, lunch, bottle, nap. 
  • Options
    When we made the transition, I tried to keep our mornings busy so he didn't realize he was so tired. I was able to push his nap from 10 to 11. Initially, his naps weren't very long and he went to bed really early (5:30/6). After a week or so, he got used to his new nap routine and I was able to keep pushing the time back until we eventually got to noon. Some days, he still needed 2 naps to prevent getting overtired. It took about a month to get all the kinks worked out
  • Options
    @mestokes That was very helpful, thanks for sharing!!
  • Options
    Also going to thank @mestokes because I came here to say that we have started the transition. After 3 days of screaming bloody murder at afternoon nap time and being relatively not crabby until dinner time, I think LO is ready to go down to one nap. This means I can actually start taking him to play groups! All of the ones in our area are at exactly at the time of his morning nap or afternoon nap.