October 2017 Moms
Options

Am I Normal?!

I saw this thread on another BMB and thought it would be fun to do on ours! 

Basically, you tell us something about yourself that might be a little odd and then follow it up by saying, "Am I Normal?!"

The next person will then answer them, and add in their own.

One that I liked from the other board was "I don't like any of the preset speeds on my windshield wipers, so I manually operate them every time it rains. Am I normal?!"

------------------------------------------------

Ill go first!

My one year-old constantly calls me "Lena", in reference to "Elena of Avalor". It bothers me, but I don't correct her because it's about damn time somebody recognized me as the princess I am! 

Am I Normal?!

Re: Am I Normal?!

• Options
    LOL! Totally normal. You are a princess!

I have a ridiculous fear of belly buttons. Mine. Yours. DH's. DS's. I think the world would be a better place if we just didn't have them. 

Am I normal?!
  • Options
    My belly button was cute when I was in my 20'd and pre-baby. Anyway now I think they're kinda weird looking! So you're normal! Haha

mine: each time after I brush my hair I always remove every hair from the brush. I can't stand having it in there. Like I clean out every hair from it!

Am I normal!?
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mnajib92mnajib92 member
    edited March 2017
    @Dobrovolskaya I sort of know how you feel.  I don't clean the brush each time,  but when I do,  I try and remove all the hairs. It doesn't make sense to me to make the effort to clean it but not do a thorough job.  

I often think out loud. Regardless of whether there's anyone else there.  It seems to help me process and remember things.  Am I normal? 
  • Options
    mandmplus1mandmplus1 member
    edited March 2017
    @Myelhsa I am Elena here too! He always says "I love you Elena!" I always think to myself at least he's saying he loves me.  Haha. 

I hate wearing pants pants at home. I'd say 90% of the time I remove my pants as soon as I get home. 

Am am I normal? 

• Siggy Warning: Loss, Living Child, Pregnancy mentioned
    • TTC Since August 2009
    • IUI #1, D/C December 2012
    • IUI #2, Natural MC March 2013
    • IUI #3 BFN
    • IUI #4 BFP Due April 2014
    • Rainbow Baby DS1 born April 2014 via emergency C-Section
    • IUI #5 February 1, 2017.....BFP due 10/25/17 with TWINS! --9w5d vanishing twin. 
    • Diagnosis: PCOS, Factor V Leiden Syndrome

• Options
    @Myelhsa I am Elena here too! He always says "I love you Elena!" I always think to myself at least he's saying he loves me.  Haha. 

I hate wearing pants pants at home. I'd say 90% of the time I remove my pants as soon as I get home. 

Am am I normal? 
    I, too, remove my pants almost the instant I get home! Pants are THE WORST! (Especially now with all this first trimester bloating. Can't wait to wear elastic waist pants LOL)

I have complete conversations with my cat. Am I normal?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @supergluzie I knew we had a crazy cat lady in the group.  Just kidding.  I talk to my dogs on the reg.  Especially when DH worked off before DD and it was just me home all the time.

seeing a kid wiggle or pull a loose tooth makes me seriously ill.  Like running to the bathroom dry heaving ill
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @mrs_fogue Just hearing you describe that makes me feel nauseous, so I would say YES that's normal!

The first thing I have to do in the morning is brush my teeth, because eating or drinking anything with that gross just woke up taste is nasty to me. DH thinks I'm weird because he hates drinking coffee/eating breakfast with the taste of toothpaste in his mouth. Who's normal?

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I have been trying to brush before eating or drinking because I read somewhere it's better for you to get all that bacteria out first thing! That being said I don't really like eating or drinking right after either so I'd say you are both normal!

I love peeling skin after a sunburn. DH's peels so well but he doesn't like me to peel it beside he says it's weird.

Am I normal?
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    ^ Im right there with you. It reminds me of putting elmers glue on my hand as a kid and peeling that off. Something seriously satisfying about it!

I've watched Trolls with DD like 10 times this weekend. I'm not even mad about it. 

Am i normal? 
  • Options
    Me and DD watched it three times last weekend because it's so good we love to dance to the songs haha! I'd say you're normal! 

My food has to be extremely hot for me to eat it, my DH thinks I'm weird when I have to go reheat my food in the microwave if it's not the right temperature if I'm at someone else house I tough it out but I really don't enjoy my food as much if it's just warm. Am I normal
  • Options
    @tashb3- My H does that too! He always has to have his food super hot. I burn my mouth every time he reheats food. So, not normal for me.... but normal for him and you!

I have to have a neat bed before I can sleep in it. Twisted covers drive me insane. To the point where I will make DH get out of bed so I can make it and tuck the sheets in right before getting back in to sleep. (And I am by NO means a neat freak... just this one thing!) 

Am I normal?

Me: 36 / DH: 37
    Met: 9/21/08
    Married: 10/5/13
    BFP #1- 2/5/17 * EDD- 10/18/17 * DD born- 10/25/17
    BFP #2 3/18/19 * EDD 11/25/19* DS born 11/30/19
  • Options

@crazypuglady totally normal.  I don't know how DH can just jump into bed and sleep with the covers kicked to the bottom of the bed or twisted around.  So I guess it's a good thing I go to bed before he does so I can fix all the covers.

I eat ice cream with a fork.  My family makes fun of me for it.  Am I normal?

• Options

Totally not normal @mrs_fogue . Grab a spoon like a NORMAL person.

I like the feeling of pins and needles. Am I normal?

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with @mrs_fogue on the fork thing, I HATE spoons and will only eat with a teaspoon on things that I absolutely have to, like soup. Everything else, beans, ice cream, mashed potatoes, all eaten with a fork. I know I'm not normal lol!
  • Options
    Ach! How can you like pins and needles? That's like saying you like it when you hit your funny bone, lol. Not normal sweetie.

I eat my cereal without milk. In fact it's been an MS savior this last couple weeks. I bring it in a plastic bag and eat it with a spoon straight out of the bag dry. Am I normal?
    French Toast Crunch has been my savior these weeks. Eaten dry, of course!

I'm a picker... My face, scabs, bumps... you name it. It's like I neeeed to get it off and feel smooth skin at all times. I logically know it's counterproductive, but my subconscious always wins....

Am I normal?
  • Options

I'm a picker... My face, scabs, bumps... you name it. It's like I neeeed to get it off and feel smooth skin at all times. I logically know it's counterproductive, but my subconscious always wins....

Am I normal?
    I'm a picker too.  I have had bad acne for most of my life and have always picked at it.  It is a bad, nasty habit.  But I guess you are normal?  But still, stop.

The older I get the more I feel like I need to fill my days to make sure that I experience everything that life has to offer, but on the same note, the older I get the harder it is to get out of bed.  Am I normal?
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections