July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms- 3/4!

Re: Weekend Randoms- 3/4!

• Options
    @supermom83 that's a lot of stress to navigate. You're doing a great job coming up with solutions to help everyone in this situation! 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Sorry in advance for the dear diary post but I need a minute to vent. 

I was taking with SIL yesterday to ask her some baby related questions because she's been giving us suggestions on gear and stuff. She asked me if we were still thinking of a doula and I told her we had met some, and described who we were thinking of going with. She basically told me my choice was "wrong" for xyz reason which is ridiculous because she's never met any of these people. 

Anyway, I was upset, partly because I've been super emotional lately. But also because she's been so supportive during my pregnancy, and I thought she was going to be a great resource once we have the baby, but I'm starting to realize that will only be true if we do things "her way".  :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @supermom83 I love IKEA. And you sound like an amazing mom, making sure your kids have a safe zone....and taking care of your own mom. All while understanding she can't help it because of her health. I was just making my IKEA list for random things around the house. Glad you had a successful trip! 

@SaphireSweetie88 I had, no joke, about 6/8 random friends since high school graduation(a long time ago LOL) that were toxic in one way or another. I ended up, all at different times of course, citing ties cold turkey after something would happen with each of them....I never missed them for one second! Cutting toxic/fake/rude people from my life was the best decision I ever made for myself!!!!! Now, I have fewer friends but the ones I have are so supportive and kind, how it's should be! 
  • Options
    This must be the weekend for cleaning/organizing, cause that's what I've been doing too. We're moving DD into her big girl room across the hall from where she is now, all the stuff that was in that room is getting split between her old room (now guest room) and new baby nursery on the other side of the house. So I've been shuffling furniture around and organizing closets all day yesterday and today. I forgot how much baby stuff I had! I almost feel like we just moved in cause everything is torn up and moved around, but I will be glad to have it all done!
  • Options
    LuLiLaEv said:
    This must be the weekend for cleaning/organizing, cause that's what I've been doing too. We're moving DD into her big girl room across the hall from where she is now, all the stuff that was in that room is getting split between her old room (now guest room) and new baby nursery on the other side of the house. So I've been shuffling furniture around and organizing closets all day yesterday and today. I forgot how much baby stuff I had! I almost feel like we just moved in cause everything is torn up and moved around, but I will be glad to have it all done!
    @LuLiLaEv may I ask around what age DD is? And do you know the signs of ' readiness' for a big kid bed? My LO is 17 months and we have a great thing going at nap and bed time. I didn't think it would ever happen as first 12 months he was the worst sleeper. I hate to mess with a good thing but it would be a lot cheaper to buy a tiny toddler bed for him, then use the crib for new baby. Of course, new baby will be in our room for the first 6-12 months....so I have time! LOL I just don't know the signs of readiness for a toddler bed? He climbs great(?!), and gets up and down off furniture no issues. His room is 100% baby proof. I have nothing but time but I'm wondering since I have give or take 4 months until new baby, if this would be the best time to transition BEFORE new baby craziness. Lol 
  • Options
    I took our van in Friday to the shop. When we bought it a year ago the previous owners had lowered it (Im talking too low to put a jack under) so with taxes this year we got it fixed plus new tires.
    Yesterday morning went to this HUGE consignment sale a community holds twice a year about 45 min from me. Was able to score a britax bsafe carseat for only $40 plus some little things for baby.
    This morning I just woke up to my youngest coming in to wake me up and proceeding to get sick. He's back to sleep now but today will be fun with figuring out why he did. No fever or other symptoms. Hoping it's just that he ate too much last night and wasn't able to digest well while sleeping.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @LoveLee85 is your dd in a crib now? generally when they can climb up to the top of their crib, it's time to move to a toddler/big kid bed because safety this happened around 19 months i want to say. we converted her crib and used that for a sec but she liked the queen bed that we kept in the nursery so she just used that instead and we got rid of the crib. my suggestion is to skip the toddler bed altogether and go to a twin. 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 She's 16 months. I should have clarified, because we moved all her stuff from her old room just into a bigger room haha. She's still in her crib for now. We have a toddler bed, and we show her how to get in it and lay down, and we plan on starting naps in it around 18months to see how she does and from there transitioning into overnight. I don't really see any "signs" that's she's ready but she sure does love her toddler bed, which I think is a good sign! 

We don't plan on buying another crib and our pedi recommended having the crib sit completely empty for 2 months so she disassociates it as "hers" before new baby starts sleeping in there. I'm sure new baby will be in our room the first 4-6 months like we did with her, so we still have plenty of time too. I'm in no rush for her to be free to get out of bed! lol
    We close her door at night and she doesn't know how to open it yet and her room has no toys and nothing to "play" with other than stuffed animals that she sleeps with and a reading nook so I'm not really worried about her getting up and playing instead of sleeping but we'll see how it goes...
  • Options
    GreenBean said:

I was taking with SIL yesterday to ask her some baby related questions because she's been giving us suggestions on gear and stuff. She asked me if we were still thinking of a doula and I told her we had met some, and described who we were thinking of going with. She basically told me my choice was "wrong" for xyz reason which is ridiculous because she's never met any of these people. 

Anyway, I was upset, partly because I've been super emotional lately. But also because she's been so supportive during my pregnancy, and I thought she was going to be a great resource once we have the baby, but I'm starting to realize that will only be true if we do things "her way".  :/
    I don't get how a doula choice could be wrong?!  They're there to help give your partner a break if they need a rest or a meal and they're there to help suggest laboring positions and pain management techniques.  I understand that some have different personalities and styles but I don't understand your SIL's deal.  Is she upset you aren't using the same doula as her??  It's 100% your choice, don't let her get you down!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    GreenBean said:

@GreenBean - DH & I have been realizing the same thing about a couple people too. It sucks but we're better off knowing now than being shocked later. Nothing about what you mentioned sounds "wrong" to me. You do you mama!
    LoveLee85 said:
    (snipped)
    @SaphireSweetie88 I had, no joke, about 6/8 random friends since high school graduation(a long time ago LOL) that were toxic in one way or another. I ended up, all at different times of course, citing ties cold turkey after something would happen with each of them....I never missed them for one second! Cutting toxic/fake/rude people from my life was the best decision I ever made for myself!!!!! Now, I have fewer friends but the ones I have are so supportive and kind, how it's should be! 
    @LoveLee85 - Yes! I love my friends that I have now. I hardly think about the other people anymore and it is awesome!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @OperaSingerMommy Thanks.  SIL lives out of state so it's not even about the particular doula.  I think the "issue" is that her doula does a lot of pre-birth support and visits, whereas the ones I've been looking at will help with a birth plan and respond to emails, calls, etc., but they're mostly about day-of support.  My SIL said the "whole point" of a doula is to have someone there you know well.  I get where she's coming from, but the way I see it, that's why DH will be there.  As long as I like the doula, she has more experience with birth than I do, and she won't make me feel bad for getting an epidural, I don't care if she's not my BFF.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited March 2017
    stokesm21 said:
    (snipped)

Oh and DH finally got the engine in his car and I'm hoping that thing is out of there by the end of the weekend. I want the garage back! :( Parking outside in the winter is not fun. 

ETA the bit about my Mom
    @stokesm21

I was just thinking about your DH and his car lol. I was wondering if he was still taking his sweet time since he had a way to work still lol. Glad to hear it's fixed :) 

**Stuck in the box**

Ohhh no. It is still very much in the garage. He just got the engine actually IN the car haha!  Last weekend he went skiing with friends and was subsequently out of commission on Sunday. Yesterday he worked on the car then decided to take a double OT shift at work today. I was mad. The house is a mess. The car is still in the garage. Ugh. Then his boss puts him on a job with someone other than his ride tomorrow so I'm probably going to have to take the day off so he can take my vehicle. (He goes to work at like 4/5am and I'm not due till 9. Although I'm not particularly sad about having to take the day off lol!) 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @GreenBean I feel ya. I thought my SMIL would be great through my pregnancy and after. So far all she's done is thrust literature at me because she has taken a few courses (but has never actually had any of her own kids), asked me to watch their dog for a week or 2 when I'll be 7 mths pregnant (waking up early for work to walk the dog? No thanks) and expecting me to know the exact date of LO's birth because she's trying to plan their second vacation to Spain. *eye*roll*  I was actually really upset that they clearly are not interested in pushing their vacation back a week or 2 to meet their new, and only, granddaughter. When they come back she's going straight back to work to start a new contract. Chances are they won't meet her until Christmas. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @stokesm21 - Oh wow. Yeah I'd be a bit annoyed but an extra day off work might be nice lol
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @stokesm21 - I'm sorry about your SMIL. I'd be annoyed too. Some people at work also seemed confused that my maternity leave might not start *exactly* on July 29. I guess a lot of people don't realize that people (usually) have zero control over their baby's actual birth day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mj8215 where did you go for your babymoon? I can't remember from the thread. Sorry it's over but glad you had a great time!
  • Options
    @Xath just today?? You are a stronger woman than I. I hope everything is ok though.

Today switched from absolute chaos to wonderfully quiet, sweet and I have decided DH can live to see another day. The morning was insanity we have DSS this weekend and he is all of a 10 year old boy with more energy than should be legal which riles up the toddlers, and believe me they don't need encouragement. I spent the morning by myself battling the sensory overload and damage that three kids can inflict while my wonderful husband had over an hour sleep in and then snuck out like the yellow belly he is. And he didn't actually sleep he just laid in bed on his phone, took a half hour poop and cuddled with a cat. By the time he finally came downstairs only to leave within 15 minutes without taking any of the chaos with him, to do work outside I was contemplating who would be guardian of the children if I was arrested for his untimely demise.

After a slightly uncomfortable lunch at my MILs I put the toddlers down for a nap and my dad unexpectedly dropped by to say hi, we showed him the progress on the house we are building and then him, DH and DSS played football. When he left, DH took DSS out and taught him how to drive the UTV (kinda like a dune buggy) so now I am sitting by myself in the quiet mostly staring off into the distance and I can't be happier (or creepier). Happy Sunday to you all! 
  • Options
    Does anyone know how often Buy Buy Baby sends their 20% coupons? I'm annoyed bc my "welcome" text expires tomorrow but I'm not sure I'm ready to order my chair... I don't know if I will have a place for it in 6 weeks!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish I got a pack of BBB coupons when I purchased clothes from Destination Maternity. Also, someone else mentioned that they honor Bed Bath And Beyond coupons or expired BBB coupons. Maybe that is with trying? If they have an email list they will spam you with coupons everyday. Annoying but worth it if you can use a coupon on a larger purchase. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know how often Buy Buy Baby sends their 20% coupons? I'm annoyed bc my "welcome" text expires tomorrow but I'm not sure I'm ready to order my chair... I don't know if I will have a place for it in 6 weeks!
    I swear I get those coupons like every other week. And the weeks I don't get one in the mail, I get the text ones. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    Oh good! I heard about the bed bath coupons but I figured if you are getting several hundred dollars off they may be more difficult about it! Ill have to double check my spam settings though bc I haven't gotten any emails yet!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish - just checked my texts, looks like I get the coupon once a month. So you should be good!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    @LoveLee85 is your dd in a crib now? generally when they can climb up to the top of their crib, it's time to move to a toddler/big kid bed because safety this happened around 19 months i want to say. we converted her crib and used that for a sec but she liked the queen bed that we kept in the nursery so she just used that instead and we got rid of the crib. my suggestion is to skip the toddler bed altogether and go to a twin. 
    I didn't clarify, lol, DS is in a crib now and about to turn 18 months. I just don't want to have to deal with this right as baby girl is arriving LOL but I'm sure that's how it will happen. 
  • Options
    dancegurl1118dancegurl1118 member
    edited March 2017
    @oheliza44 @GlitterFish I don't know if it's different at every store but the one by me only takes unexpired bed bath & beyond coupons, they won't take expired like the regular BBB. It may be worth a shot to try though and play dumb. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Also random....I tried several different types brands flavors of dairy free ice cream......ALL NASTY!!!!! I was so bummed each time. And that stuff isn't cheap!!! Grrrrrr. Four months until I can have a real chocolate malt milk shake!!!! I keep trying different things to get my ice cream fix and nothing is cutting it. Such a bummer. 
  • Options
    Okay ladies, I think it was this board but who remembers the lady that wanted the government to pay for her pregnancy and her SO was always gone, etc???

I think she may be back????  https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12703343/maternity-grants-for-single-moms-in-the-u-s#latest

due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @GlitterFish For what it's worth, BBB definitely honors the bed bath & beyond coupons. I used one last night when we ordered our glider. They didn't seem to care at all about the price of the item being discounted. 
  • Options
    DS wanted to watch Trolls tonight. That movie made me stupider. Never. Again.
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 have you tried the Ben and Jerry's dairy free?  
  • Options
    Just went into DD's room because I'd finished cleaning the kitchen and things were too quiet. She's pulled every book she owns off the shelf and they're on the floor. 

I'm really missing wine right now. 
  • Options
    @PurplePoppy424 I feel you. I just got home from a car trip that was supposed to take five hours and took eight.  Right now I'm enjoying my first glass of red wine in 5 months with no regrets. 
  • Options
    @oheliza44 I'm not even going to lie. I'm jealous. We don't even have any in the house.  :s
  • Options
    Guys, our "friend" is back...
  • Options
    LuLiLaEv said:
    Please tell me you're not referring to the drama starter extraordinaire from Thursday...
  • Options
    abmommy15 said:
    @LoveLee85 have you tried the Ben and Jerry's dairy free?  
    Yes, that was one of them! It doesn't even taste like ice cream. Lol. It was kind of dry tasting and the flavor wasn't good. I guess I just need the real deal.
  • Options
    LuLiLaEv said:
    Please tell me you're not referring to the drama starter extraordinaire from Thursday...
    Omg it's so painfully obvious...just found it. 
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    LuLiLaEv said:
    @LoveLee85 Where?
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    LuLiLaEv said:
    @LoveLee85 Where?
    Intro thread. LOL not that I care but they tried to pretend like  otherwise when it would just be easier to not pretend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"