October 2017 Moms
Options

The Baby Name Search

autumnbaby-2autumnbaby-2 member
edited March 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Let's talk baby names!! :smiley:

What is your favorite baby name website to look up names? 

Feel free to share names you like but don't feel obligated as I know lots of people like to keep their names a surprise until the baby arrives. 

Re: The Baby Name Search

• Options
    Nameberry! DH and I can always agree on girls names. DD was picked before I was even preggers. This time, if it's a girl, we're 99% sure her name will be Emma Claire or Emma Jane. Boys we cannot agree on at all. I like Maxwell, Ryder, Leo, Vincent, Xander... I like the,middle name James after my dad. DH is stuck on Sebastian and all i can think of is the little mermaid. So if it's a boy, the kid might not be named until he is born lol.
  • Options
    I'll have to checkout Nameberry. Thanks for the suggestion.

I love the name Emma. A close friend of mine has a DD named Emma. :) That's too funny about Sebastian lol maybe put the movie on so your husband will start to associate it with the crab too and not a baby boy name haha. You've got some cute boy names picked out. 

We havent decided on any names yet. Just starting our search. We don't agree on many Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a big deal naming a human! I'm a little apprehensive about Emma since it is so popular, but I've loved it for a long time. DD's name is still my favorite for a girl (Mila).
  • Options
    If you love it, I wouldn't let that hold you back. It's so cute. One of my friends also has a Mila! I made her this onsie recently. Looks like you and my friends have similar taste in girl names! :) Mila is a beautiful name and so unique.

im a teacher which also makes our name search hard because so many names remind me of students I've had haha 

• Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited March 2017
    Lol that is too funny! And super cute onesie!
  • Options
    @kkerner87 I would only think of the little mermaid too! However, as I compromise how do you feel about just Bastian? I know a little boy named that, and he mainly goes by Bash. Just thought I'd throw that out there!

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man, I am dreading this process if we have another boy.  It took my DH 400 names before we settled on Ronan last time around.  I was set on a Celtic name so we just googled Celtic boy names to help us decide.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are non traditional namers haha!

@kkerner87 I love Sebastian haha! For a while all I could think of was TLM but it grew on me over the years. SO has vetoed it though, whomp whomp.

I like nymbler since it gives options based on your tastes. I also just google my style and enjoy the random sites that come up where people give their own name ideas.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    I wish... my husband is foreign born so we will give this baby a Turkish/Azeri middle name. With DD we didn't decide until about 7 or 8 months on a name. We could only agree on girls names the first time around. We never did agree on a boys name.... if this on is a boy it will be hard because a lot of Turkish/ Azeri names don't flow well with male English first names. I have yet to find a good site for baby names from Azerbaijan. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• Options
    So when I was pregnant I got the idea into my head, that my baby's name should start with 'm', because my siblings and I all start with that letter. I thought I could start some sort of tradition here. My husband's background is Indian, mine is German, so that also needed to be part of it. We found it hard to find a nice Indian boy name with M. After a long time we found Mayon and I loved the German name Maximilian. So we named him Mayon Maximilian! I love that name. No idea what to do this time round if it's another boy. But for a girl I have an idea. I like the name Maea. I think I made it up, as I haven't seen it before.
  • Options
    @jaxx723 I love celtic names too, they sound so strong to me. Ronan has been one of my favorites.
    @kkerner87 I had a friend growing up who went by Xander, full name was Alexander. Everyone loved his name, couldn't forget it.

My SO and I have sorta settled on a boys name. He's the 5th generation of initials CEB. Middle name is Eugene but everyone has a different C name. My dad's middle name is Conrad so we were thinking Conrad Eugene but haven't settled on it yet. It kinda sounds old to us.

As far as girl, we have no idea. My first name is Autumn and this will be an Autumn baby. So we thought it'd be fun to do a name that has to do with Fall. But we're completely stuck. 
  • Options
    @AiramH I love the m names! Mayon maximilian is such a great name. Maea would be a beautiful little girl name. I like how short and sweet it is but still unique.
  • Options
    @kkerner87 I'm the same..girls are so easy. DD was named before I was pregnant (Ainsley Jane) and if it's another girl Tenley Claire. We never agreed on a boys name last time and there's not even one that I can think of that I really like that I'd use.  I've loved Jack for years but I know literally about 30 Jack's or Jackson's so not happening!
  • Options
    @flying.fall I love that boy name! I don't think it sounds old at all! 

I've also used nameberry but I'll have to check out nymber! If it's a girl we have three names to pick from. Middle name will be my mom's middle name. If it's a boy I have no idea. We found DS's name so easily... saw it on a list and that was it, no other contenders. I do know our boy middle name will probably be after CS Lewis because we're nerds like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Autumnbaby my DH is also a teacher. Picking a name for DD was so hard because every name reminded him of a student. It was frustrating!

With DD we picked Brigid Louise. Brigid is a big family name on my side (we're very Irish!) and my middle name is Louise, as was my grandma's who I never met. Loved passing those family names on to her!

If this one is a boy, he will be the 4th and named after DH - Cyrus W. DH is dying for a little boy! (Especially after his dad said "better luck next time" when we found out DD was a girl ... don't even get me started.)

If it's a girl, we love the name Isla but haven't really talked about it much. 
  • Options
    @SDarling324 yikes about DH's dad's reaction! I would almost not even want to tell him if it is in fact a boy this time lol yes being a teacher is quite frustrating with names.. it ruins quite a few cute names :neutral: we really like family names too! If we have a boy his middle name will be after my DH, and if we have a girl her middle name will be after my mom's mother who passed away when my mom was very young which I never met either. 

Such a hard decision to make! Lots of great names out there.
  • Options
    Our DD is Madeline (Maddie) Sherry, if we have a boy this time his name will be Houston Anthony.

If we have a girl (we're still debating) but have both agreed on:

Molly Wren
    Molly Wynn
    Molly Pearl
    Winifred (Winnie) Pearl
    Winifred Wren
    Winifred Molly

Some variation of all that nonsense up there!  :D
  • Options
    Nameberry vote here too.  I haven't even thought about names.  We like unique names, my DD is named Aspen.  
    Now we are debating if we want another A name or just whatever.  

@myelhsa I love Winnie!!  
  • Options
    @Myelhsa Winifred is a family name for me and I absolutely love it! My aunt goes by Winnie. I love family names or variations of them.
  • Options
    @Myelhsa Winifred is a family name for me and I absolutely love it! My aunt goes by Winnie. I love family names or variations of them.
    It's a family name of DH too!! I'm just having trouble with the "Fred" part!

I keep worrying that she'll have a hard time when she gets to school, but I suppose if all the kids grow up around her they wouldn't think that Winifred is an odd name.
  • Options
    We are quick to pick names. Nova for a girl and Lachlan for a boy. We have a DS, Hunter. 
  • Options
    I agree with nameberry! 

DD is Eloise. We have two boy names leftover from when we were pregnant with her, Grant and Dean, so we will probably use one of those if this one is a boy. I like them both, but I'm still on the hunt for something I love even more. For a girl, we're tentatively settled on Colette. Middle name will likely be James after DH's dad, regardless of sex.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    @atlee712 my friend's brother has two kids, a boy called Hunter and a girl called Nova! I love Lachlan as a name, it's great!
  • Options
    We aren't finding out the gender of this little one, but we found out with our first so it was somewhat easier to not have to pick out 2 names lol. For a girl I love Caroline Alice (MN after his grandma) or Caroline June (MN after the month we started dating all those years ago lol). Really stuck for a boy. Absolutely love the name Lane but our last name doesn't work with that. We were reading the Bible to DS and the name Ezra came up and my husband liked it. But all I can think of is Pretty Little Liars hahaha. 
  • Options
    If you love it, I wouldn't let that hold you back. It's so cute. One of my friends also has a Mila! I made her this onsie recently. Looks like you and my friends have similar taste in girl names! :) Mila is a beautiful name and so unique.

im a teacher which also makes our name search hard because so many names remind me of students I've had haha 

LOL I'm a teacher too and there are so many names immediately crossed off my list even begotten we found out we were pregnant.  Hahaha it is so so true
  • Options
    @MamaStreeter the name Ezra is cute! It does remind me of pretty little lairs too haha. I've noticed the name Aria is actually quite popular on the charts lately.. maybe because of that show lol
  • Options
    @jayrabbitt same here! So many names were a no go before it even happened haha and some of them are them are great names too! Womp womp wompppp haha
  • Options
    @mammastreeter Ezra is becoming quite popular.  I guarantee most with reference the Bible and not PLL.  But if it makes you feel better, I found my DDs name on Sister Wives.  Lol!