October 2017 Moms

GTKY : What's Your Favorite TV Show?

2»

Re: GTKY : What's Your Favorite TV Show?

• Has anyone watched The Arrangement? I'm somewhat intrigued. I didn't even mean to watch it, it came on after "He's Just Not That Into You" and I kind of got sucked in on Sunday night...
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Grey's Anatomy. The last seasons haven't been that great; but I'm not giving up yet!
  • Loading the player...
  • The Flash but I also love Grey's Anatomy 
  • RHOBH, This Is Us and Homeland...random I know :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Odd Mom Out! I just discovered it on Netflix and I love it!
  • @MCraig1484 yay another housewives fan.  I'm behind on this season but that just means I can enjoy it longer.

@AiramH Odd Mom Out is probably one of my favorites! 

• acnd08acnd08 member
    edited March 2017
    The amount of TV I watch is rather embarrassing now that I type it all out. The DVR just makes it too easy! 

The Americans, This Is Us, The Voice, Grey's Anatomy, HTGAWM, Teen Mom OG, Teen Mom 2, The Goldbergs, Saturday Night Live, Empire, Designated Survivor, Catastrophe (series on Amazon), American Horror Story (if the theme doesn't scare me too much, haha) 

@tyannejohn - I will have to tell my DH I am not the only adult watching Teen Mom OG & Teen Mom 2. He makes so much fun of me! I have followed since the beginning also. Where else are you gonna find that kind of drama?! ;) 
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • GOT, Bach franchise (can't wait for new bachelorette and paradise!!), the detour, modern family, parks and rec, old 90210 episodes never disappoint.

lots and lots of sports

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My all-time favorite, hands down, is HBO's Oz. I love crime/true crime shows, so I'm a sucker for Law & Order: SVUForensic FilesThe Walking Dead, and I'm currently totally into Trapped on Netflix. It's a murder mystery set in Iceland.

However, the girlier side of me will always love Sex and the CityFriendsand Full House. And, of courseFuller House
  • The Office, forever. 

• @acnd08 oh Designated Survivor is my new fav too.  I was shocked at last weeks ending, now I'm not sure where it's going to go?  Who's the mastermind?

I used to watch way too much tv until I had kids, then they took over and I could never keep up.  When all my favorites started ending I decided to only start what really looked interesting. 

• @mrs_fogue - I am actually not quite caught up yet, so am excited to finish now that you say that!! I'm almost there! It was a show of DH's that I got into late. I really like it, though! 

There are a few of my absolute favorites I have watched since day 1 (Grey's I started watching as a Freshman in college wayyyyyyyyy back when, haha. I remember us gathered in one of our dorm rooms just sobbing over Denny, lol.) that I just couldn't part with, but I am sure some of my TV watching will fall by the wayside when this little one arrives, lol. I don't think I could ever part ways with my Shondaland shows, but everything else....we'll see! 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @acnd08 Thursday nights are like the only nights I sit down to watch tv.  I just don't know how much longer Grey's is going to last.  It's just not as good anymore once all the originals left.  The Denny season was like the best season of television ever!  I don't know how I feel about Meredith having a new love interest now.  I feel like she's cheating on Derek and am kind of put off by it/her.  I'm rooting for April and Jackson though so Thursday night made me happy.     
  • @mrs_fogue - Oh, I completely agree! That entire season of Grey's was insanely good! I can remember SO many episodes from that era that were amazing. I also don't see how it can just keep going on. They are renewed for Season 14, though, so I guess they need to come up with something! I feel the exact same way you do concerning Meredith. I also root for April and Jackson! They are my two favorites! Have been for seasons now. Also, Harriet is adorable. 

Do you watch Scandal? I gave up on it a couple seasons ago. One of my friends tells me this season is more like the Scandal of old, but I don't know if I want to get back into it again. 

I believe you said you watch HTGAWM? That is another one that was on fire and then I feel like this past season was just a mess. I felt like they started throwing people together that should have never been together (my opinion anyway :lol: ) and it just ended in a gigantic disaster. I was never a huge Wes fan, but that final scene of him meeting his end got to me. I'm fine with them never knowing exactly how that went down and that he suffered, but I'm sure it'll all come out in time. I know it's back for another season too, so we'll see if it's any better. 

Ok, I'll get off my Shondaland soapbox now! :P 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • autumnbaby-2autumnbaby-2 member
    edited March 2017
    My guilty pleasure right now is the show teachers on tvland! Any teachers here watch this? I just started big little lies.. hooked already
  • @Autumnbaby - I keep being told by friends to read and watch Big Little Lies. I totally need to do it. As if I need one more show......
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Greys Anatomy. I just finished 12 seasons on Netflix. I need to figure out how to watch the first half of season 13 to catch up. 
    Cooking shows, and Mighty Cruise Ships on Discovery 
  • @acnd08 I binge watched Scandal when I was on bedrest 2 years ago and LOVED it.  I stopped watching it this season, it just all kindof ticked me off and was getting old.   

HTGAWM is such a love hate relationship.  I say I'm done, not watching it anymore and then they suck my right back in with the finales.  *spoiler* I had my bets on Laurel or Maggie, so I was close.  But it was a shocker.  I felt like this whole season was a bit different, IDK we will see what happens next.

• Currently watching: Homeland and The Walking Dead. 

And the rest of my favorite shows in no particular order:

Breaking Bad
    House of Cards
    Westworld
    Peaky Blinders
    Game of Thrones
    Dexter
    Bloodline
    Better Call Saul

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Into the Badlands is back on AMC and the ending of this season's first episode was like  :o but I'm glad. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • acnd08acnd08 member
    edited March 2017
    @mrs_fogue - You sound like me with HTGAWM, haha. *SPOILER* (Totally forgot to do this up above...) The biggie for me this season was them putting Wes and Laurel together. I won't even tell you who I like her with, because it's an unpopular opinion, but I've always been on a cloud of my own with most stuff, haha. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with 90% of this season and swore I was done most every Thursday night and yet there I was every week.... :lol: I also suspected Meggy, but never Laurel. Actually, I was almost certain it was Meggy or that she was involved somehow. 

I'm sure our unhealthy relationship will continue until the show ends. ;)  Heck, it's where my girl name came from. I loved the name Laurel the first time I heard it in the Pilot episode and swore if I ever had a girl I was using it. It's the only one DH hasn't put up an argument against in the girl department. She'll never have a middle name, should we need a girl name, but at least we have the first all ironed out! 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @acnd08 I like that name too!  True story, I got my DD's name off of Sister Wives.  ((steps away in shame lol))
  • @mrs_fogue - Hey, no shame! What is your DD's name? I watched the first couple seasons of that show. My Mom named me after a character on the 80's show "Dynasty". The way I see it, I'd just be keeping up tradition, lol. 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @acnd08 her name is Aspen, the girl on the show was Christine's oldest but she spelled it Aspyn.  I figured it was unique enough, I didn't want to complicate it with spelling. 
  • @mrs_fogue - I remember Aspen! Or, well, Aspyn. Very pretty! I also loved the name Truely out of Christine's kids. Kind of reminded me of the name Everly. DH would never go for either, but I think they are pretty! 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker