October 2017 Moms

Why my SO is an a--hole (3/3)

What's your SO doing lately that's really pissing you off?

Re: Why my SO is an a--hole (3/3)

• Loading the player...
  • I love DH but he has some serious issues with cleaning up after himself. Our bedroom is in chaos, his daily gym clothes and every single pair of shoes he owns blocks the entry way to the front door, and i refuse to pick up after him. I tell him If i have to clean it up, its getting thrown away. Im sick of it.
    \

• I can't b**** today because he actually did stuff yesterday on his off day like cleaning the living room and doing the dishes in the sink WITHOUT BEING ASKED.  But normally he is all of the above. 
  • I am so happy this topic is up! So I have been so exhausted the last few weeks, like so tired that I want to go back to bed just after I get up. So a few days ago I had a bout of energy and went crazy with tiding up. My husband dared to say 'good to see you finally doing some work'. Like wtf!!! I asked him if he remembered that I am pregnant and he actually said he keeps forgetting!!! I guess I could add a few more bits, but I'll save them for another time :smile:
  • @purplestars my husband did the same thing the other day with the jeans. He was like I don't have any clean clothes. He had 2 work jeans in the dryer, dry
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    I'm a planner, like a big planner. I want to have names picked out as soon as we find out the sex. DH refuses to even talk about it. It's not that he's superstitious about it, or is worried it's bad luck. I honestly think he just does it to annoy me. He said it's not important right now, so he isn't going to talk about it until we know. Even just "do you like this name" and he will tell me to stop. He is otherwise happy about the baby, so I don't know WHAT it is. He just likes to be annoying sometimes (for real lol). It doesn't help that is is really picky when it comes to names, which is why I wanted to get an early start. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So DH has off 2 days a week and DD is home with him those days (I'm home with her weekends and MIL has her 3 weekdays). So when I get home from work, nothing is done. The sink piled with dishes from breakfast is the one big thing. Typically, i do dishes and he does laundry. However i do everything else. Make beds, vacuum, mop, dust, clean bathrooms. So i fully expect when I am pregnant you do your damn dishes from breakfast. His excuse was "sorry. I was busy keeping our toddler alive..." Bullshit. I do that and x's a million. I wish one of us could just be SAH. It causes so much stress between us both working full time and while he puts in way more hours at work than i do, i still work full time abd need a little help around the house. My weekends are spent cleaning and it is really getting me so bitter. Especially now that i am pregnant.
  • @curlyq423 the crunching omg!!! I feel like not just my nose is extra sensitive when pregnant, but my ears too. Whatever my husband eats, I swear it's so much louder now!!! It drives me nuts! The other day I stopped him eating crisps until I went to bed. The alternative is that is crunch while he does it, that kind of helps!
  • My husband is a busy social butterfly and I have been exhausted and just not feeling being social/explaining why I'm not drinking... So I've just been left home feeling lousy and lonely. Of course, I havent asked him to stay home... I work just like him to come up with it himself haha.

Oh- and he snores
  • My husband thinks going hunting for a full week when I'm over 8 months pregnant leaving me alone to work and care for our toddler is reasonable. I offered for him to skip my best friends out of town wedding in early September so he can go that weekend and then just take another long weekend at the end of the month (the season is the whole month of September) but that's not good enough....I'm apparently not supportive of his hobbies...not to mention he wants to use his vacation time for hunting and not save it for baby....grrr
  • oh man. I'm so glad to see that I'm not on this boat alone. we have been at such odds lately too like I'm probably a little over sensitive and he's just completely unsensitive and we are bickering ALL THE time. and the above mentioned did you forget I'm pregnant" I asked that the other day and he said, your 9 weeks, not 9 months.  :s

• DH is an a-hole today because he is currently at my tattoo appointment. I get to live the next 8 months including summer with a football sized half finished ostrich on my thigh looking like a haggard pregnant maniac.  :D I had the whole day blocked to finish it up before I found out. Instead of canceling, I just forfeited my appointment to him. Didn't think much of it at the time but today I am jealous. Also my dr. probably thought I was a psychopath the first time he looked under the sheet  :D
    *TW* Angel J. Conceived 1/1/17 - nonviable 3/7/17
  • @operaghost OMG I want to punch DH any time he says "oh here come the excuses". Screw you dude. My other two pregnancies I was ok other than heartburn 24/7, this one is kicking my butt. I'm nauseous ALL DAMN DAY. I'm 2 seconds away from puking at any time. 

@kstirton we haven't been getting along for weeks either. Yes I'm oversensitive about things, I'm emotional. But he thinks I can just turn it off if I wanted to. Yep I totally like arguing and barely getting along.

@mountainmartha I totally get the tattoo jealousy. I want to make an appointment to get my sleeve added on to for my 2nd son but I missed my chance. GGrrrrrr
    BabyFetus Ticker

• DH keeps threatening to put my elderly dog outside because she keeps having accidents in the house. And he's the one who keeps wanting to bring more animals home. This is what happens when animals get old bruh, they lose control of their bodies. I know it's frustrating but you don't have to be a dick.
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So my DH went there today.  I spent the weekend working on DD's big girl bedroom and deep cleaned the kitchen cabinets and floors.  I just got B**ched at for drying his shirts.  I told him he could do his own laundry then.  The reply "well you never do that or dishes anyways lately."  Why do guys think this is acceptable to tell a first trimester pregnant woman!? 
  • baker1jm2  my husbands response to an October baby "yes that's hunting season, I get 2 weeks off to hunt now."  Um NO!
  • I feel like it's a special treat whenever I get to go for a run these days. Today I was changing into my running clothes about 45 mins into DS's nap, when my DH started playing music. DS ALWAYS wakes up when there is music no matter how quiet or how quickly you turn it off. Even so DH continues to wake him up at least once a week with music of some sort. Anyways, today he started into his usual "there's no way he actually heard that" and then proceeded to say "well you aren't going running now? He's awake." Needless to say I went for my run.
  • You guys just inspired me to look at the MU football schedule for October. Luckily the two conference games are both away and the other games aren't big teams so I won't have to worry about him wanting to go to a game. And he should be done with coaching (FX) by the time baby comes.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I need to bring this back because I'm about to drop kick my DH into next week. He's being so rude the past few days. I asked if we could have a date night because he's been so busy and not getting home until late so most of the time I'm asleep. Anyways, it goes from me trying to plan a date night to we never do anything fun, our relationship is boring, I'm lazy, there's nothing attractive about someone sleeping and being lazy all the time, I have no drive or hobbies. Apparently I've been this way even before I was pregnant (don't see how). But he chooses now when I'm all hormonal to be a dick and then gets mad when I get upset because I'm too sensitive. IM OVER IT. Okay, rant over. Any ideas on how to deal and not be overly emotional? 
  • @tyannejohn I'm sorry your DH is being so rude! I have no words of wisdom as if mine said those things to me he would be sleeping elsewhere for awhile. I admire your patience in not actually drop kicking him! I hope he wises up quickly. ((Hugs))

• @bluejeanbabi05 thank you, oh it's taking everything I have. He gets mad because he doesn't have a lazy bone in his body, like can barely sit still long enough to watch a movie, and I'm not like that so I'm lazy and don't do anything with my life. I hope he does too. 
  • @tyannejohn My DH is the same about not having a lazy bone in his body. I happily embrace being the "lazy" one in the relationship. DH is the type who could very well become so wrapped up in planning the garden, planting the seeds, and obsessing over their growth that he forgets to actually stop and smell the roses he spent so much time creating. Overwrought metaphor but you know what I mean :) Sounds like your DH needs a reminder that you being the chill one makes his life better too!
  • @migdala I wish I knew a way I could remind him. I just feel like he's been purposefully avoiding coming home in the evenings for us to spend time together. I don't know part of me may be being too emotional but then again I don't think I am because some of the things he says really do upset me.
  • edited March 2017
    @tyannejohn I'm sorry that you are having to hear such hurtful words from DH. I think being bothered and emotional about it is completely valid. It sounds like he is projecting his stress and/or issues onto you, and that's not fair. If it were me, I would address it and explain how his method of tearing you down is not conducive to a healthy relationship, and then figure out how to fix it. I know every relationship is different, but I don't think that him putting you down is something you should learn to deal with. Also, my husband has ADHD, so I feel like the "lazy" one since he is never sitting still, but if he ever dared call me lazy and unattractive from being lazy  (especially while pregnant because I am a potato right now), we would have a serious problem. Even though he can't see it, your body is working on overdrive right now, preparing another human, as well as producing a shit ton of hormones which all have fatigue as a side effect. If you need to rest and go to bed early, don't feel guilty about that. 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife thank you, I plan on taking to him about it this evening. I feel like the stress mah have something to do with it. I'm just trying to stay positive but this morning I would have felt better just throat chopping him. :)
  • Oh man I need this thread too.  DH is generally very good about helping out but last week I've been feeling awful with nausea and headaches and he is getting resentful of doing more than his share and frustrated by my spending money on "special" foods.  When will you be able to eat regular foods he asked me the other day? Geesh.  Also we just found out we can't buy a house because his credit isn't good enough yet so we are going to have to rent again but get bigger than a 2 bedroom we currently have (my stepson is with us half time) but he's refusing to live anywhere besides Essex where his son goes to school because he wants to be able to see him more.  Umm what about our two babies that will be coming in October? Guess they get last priority.  He's saying I need to "throw him a bone" since we've lived 30 minutes away from him for the last three years.  Ugh.  I'm just getting more stressed thinking about it!  Sorry, rant over.  Thanks for listening ladies.
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tyannejohn I hear you on the too emotional front.  I'm sorry you are feeling this way too. My DH has also commented on how he thinks I need to get a hobby, etc and not be so needy, clingy to him. Your hormones are likely all out of whack and sounds like DH needs to realize that.  
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I second what everyone has said. His words were hurtful and uncalled for and still would have been even if you weren't pregnant. This definitely needs to be addressed. But I would wait until you're not as emotional about it, give yourself time to calm down.
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kkerner87 this is my life!!
  • Ugh. We're visiting my parents this week. SO usually makes this weekend a guys weekend and I'm fine with that. He even texted me this morning and when I told him I was tired, he came home early!  At some point in the afternoon, I tell him I need to lay down. Within 10 minutes, the kids (DS and my niece) start running into my room. Then out. Then in. And out again. The room is off the living-room, so it would be obvious to anyone *paying attention* that it was happenings. So, I get up and say something to him. He replies with "well, shut the door". When I told him I had, he says (sarcastically) "ok, well, I'll start breaking arms. I told him not to be a jackass and walk away. Ten minutes later?  He's snoring on the couch. My sister thought I was going to throat punch him. 
  • My SO missed the ultrasound appointment today and still hasn't said that he's sorry about it.  It's been a few hours and I'm trying to not get too steamed at him.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @melarowan how can he just forget? OMG!!! A few nights on the sofa for him?!
  • @AiramH He overslept. Thankfully my sister was there. She's going to be my birth coach. He's still in the dog house though. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I scheduled an appointment next week to have blood drawn to test for Factor 5 (a blood clotting disorder where one is more likely to form blood clots) because it runs in my family. I tell my husband and he wants me to just have it done when I go for my ultrasound the following week. I had asked the nurse about that and she wanted me to come in sooner. WHICH TELLS ME that they want the results sooner rather than later. But my husband? No. A week isn't going to make a difference. We got into a pretty decent argument over it. Haven't decided what to do as of yet. 
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So my SO just moved here from ND 2 months ago.  We have been dating long distance with monthly trips for over a year.   I love him to death, but he hasn't found a job yet (he is trying).  He does his man version of helping around the house (Don't get me wrong, I appreciate everything he does), but he keeps wanting to buy packs for this game we both play on our phones.   Umm.. NO.  I know I make enough that we are ok, while he looks for work, but we are trying to save for a house and a new baby coming.  Not to mention lawyers for not only my custody case with my kids from a previous relationship, but his attorney costs for his kids.  The game can wait love!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Love my handsome husband, but here's a funny for you today:

Needless to say, he's got fightin' words. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"