September 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 3/3

2»

Re: FFFC 3/3

• Options
    I alternate between crying at stupid stuff and raging. The rage is real. 
  • Options
    wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    @Carebella oh no don't worry I have friends who are the same and pregnancy didn't make them emotional either! I'm not sure why I turned into a cry baby after having him, my movie tastes also changed, right when we got home from the hospital I had to change the channel if I even saw a preview for a scary movie, and I used to LOVE horror movies. The conjuring, insidious, paranormal activity, sinister... all my jam! Until after baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Carebella said:
    @daniellelynette Phew! I thought I was the only one that didn't become more emotional! I've honestly thought a time or two that DH should be extra grateful that I don't have big mood swings when I'm pregnant  :D But I have changed my movie/show tastes and basically stick to comedy and action now. Basically only bad guys are allowed to die!
    I had terrible mood swings last time, but I also had a lot of anxiety having just come off of a terrible ectopic pregnancy that really scarred me. This time- zero moods.
  • Options
    ashley2824ashley2824 member
    edited March 2017
    Carebella said:
    Belated FFFC? I feel like an odd duck when I see all the things making other moms cry and nothing is really making me cry other than the normal stuff  :/
    So funny I was going to post this too! I've never really been a emotional person, but I feel like since I've been PG, I'm even less emotional lol my H was making fun of me last night bc he can be more emotional than me (or is it I?). 

Also I hate horror movies now too! I wont even watch previews, I'm such a baby. I think like you, it changed after I had my daughter. @daniellelynette
  • Options
    @Msashley2010 Same! I feel like I'm always grazing and never satisfied.
    @Carebella Also same! I'm haven't been extra weepy or emotional. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @lap018 You and my husband would probably have a lot to talk about on this subject! He's actually gone to my therapist with me (In addition to OCD, I have generalized anxiety disorder, so I see someone a few times a month just to keep it all in check. It's really easy for rituals and anxiety to creep in without realizing it.) several times, just to get an idea of what I'm dealing with, and to get pointers on how to help me. I know it's a struggle for him too, but he's usually pretty great about it. I'm just thankful pregnancy hasn't pushed me into any major behaviors yet. I do want to wash my hands about every 10 seconds, but at least that's manageable. 
    I have generalized anxiety disorder too, which comes with OCD behaviors when left unchecked. After becoming pregnant it became so bad that I just completed 6 weeks of intensive partial hospitalization and outpatient therapy. Now I'm back on meds and all seems to be okay. It was a rough January and February for sure.