October 2017 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating - 3/2

What are you eating this week? Cravings, whatever will stay down, begrudgingly eating healthy stuff?

Re: What my pregnant self is eating - 3/2

• I went to CFA for lunch, really wanted it for breakfast, but that would have meant I would have to have left the house before 10:30. Yeah, not happening lol. Really need to get back in the habit of eating at home, so maybe frozen pizza or spaghetti for dinner. Oh I have garlic bread in the freezer too...
  • Ugh. I've been trying to not eat all the carbs. But that's pretty much what is happening. I choked down a salad last night which I'm pretty proud of. Oh, and I have no problem eating Girl Scout cookies apparently. I told DH he needs to help me meal plan for next week because even thinking about food is hard.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @purplestars same. Doc said to stay off carbs but carbs are the most satisfying thing for me right now.
    Including the GS cookies.

Today I had a cup of hot cocoa, 1 breakfast burrito, 1 granola bar, 1 banana... and then I had a 6 piece chicken wing combo with a soda and fries. Dinner is uncertain for me as by night time I am no longer interested in real food.

DH wants to have a steak, honestly, the thought of steak for me is too much. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Carbs are the only thing that I can eat right now... thank goodness for prenatal vitamins, although I need to eat more healthy it's just so not appetizing. Hot wings were a winner over here yesterday also.
  • Pretty much all the food! I've been craving jimmy johns veggie sandwiches - I've had 3 in the last week. And super into white grape juice, which I haven't had since I was a kid.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Pretty much all the food! I've been craving jimmy johns veggie sandwiches - I've had 3 in the last week. And super into white grape juice, which I haven't had since I was a kid.
    White grape juice sounds amazing right now! So random. I haven't had that since I was a kid either. Maybe it's the sudden lack of wine in my diet ;)

• I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but in my mind, healthy crap can wait until it can actually be stomached. It's all about survival mode right now lol. Granted, if your doctor is concerned, that should be taken into consideration... I guess... 
  • @purplestars yea I have no idea where the craving came from, but once I thought of it I couldn't get my mind off of it. I've been drinking so much of it! The lack of wine definitely might be involved.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • I found a recipe for gluten free mac n cheese! I've been craving it for weeks and all the GF boxed mac n cheese is nasty AF. Made my own and almost ate the whole pot lol.
  • Bagels with strawberry cream cheese, queso, apples and bananas. 
    But seriously though, I bought bagels 2 days ago and have had one for every meal since.  It's the only thing that isn't nauseating to me!
  • Pork Vermacilli from our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. Hoping to get a few bites in before my body changes its mind! I will eat clean(ish) tomorrow hopefully! 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • popcorn!

@ChocolateIsLife I love Viet food.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm hungry ALL the time! One thing I've been eating daily (or multiple times a day) is turkey lunch meat  (heated through) with honey mustard sauce. It's SOOO yummy!  And peanut butter toast every night before bed that I'm home. 
  • sarebear55sarebear55 member
    edited March 2017
    Celestial Seasonings Ginger Lemon tea has been my life saver... I've been drinking twice a day when I get to work and after lunch. 
    My favorites right now are saltines and P3 packs. I haven't had actual dinner in a week.
    Yesterday I ate a platter of potato skins for dinner :p
  • @feeislove me too!! I came on here looking for food inspiration hoping something would sound  good. 

I have cravings during the day but by night, I'm hungry and everything sounds disgusting. During the day I've been craving a lot of Taco Bell bean and cheese burritos
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    For breakfast I had leftover veggie Lo Mein and a cup of coffee lol. I know it is the weirdest combo, but I already made my coffee and when I saw my lo mein in the fridge I needed it. Definitely not the healthiest breakfast lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @keriflores and now I want lo mein for breakfast :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • I just made the most amazing breakfast burrito..eggs bacon cheese homemade green chili sauce...covered in tapatio (which I'm sure I'll regret later)!!
  • I just got up out of bed ( kids are off from school today), and they are asking for pancakes. I really need to replenish the deep freezer so they can microwave their own. Me, on the other hand will have to force feed myself something. Woke up with the worst nausea I've had thus far this pregnancy. Like dry heaving at every smell and thought. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• or what I'm not eating!  The last few days I can barely stand just a few sips of my coffee so this morning I decided not to even bother with it.  Regretting that now as I can barely keep my eyes open. 

• feeislove said:
    I'm in that weird place where I get hungry but nothing sounds good. So I just end up forcing myself to eat whatever doesn't gross me out. 
    Me too @feeislove !  I'm sooo hungry but I don't want to eat anything.  I literally have to force myself to eat whatever won't make me gag.
  • mrs_fogue said:

or what I'm not eating!  The last few days I can barely stand just a few sips of my coffee so this morning I decided not to even bother with it.  Regretting that now as I can barely keep my eyes open. 

I'm right there with you! The other day I just couldn't stand the thought of coffee. Then a few hours later I had the worst headache (which Tylenol didn't even touch). I learned my lesson.

• @buttercream_frosting I love Viet food too! I ended up having to sift through everything because I didn't realize there were bean sprouts in it, and my RE made a big deal about no bean sprouts. Womp
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Costco apple fritter muffins and sparkling water.  If I'm feeling extra perky I'll throw some pickles or chips in but more and more food is sounding gross to me.  Thanks nausea.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @purplestars I found a tea bag in my desk which I'm actually enjoying more than the coffee.  This may be my new morning drink just to wake me up.

@jaxx723 food aversion is a real thing this pregnancy.  I can hardly stand being in my kitchen lately.  It just all stinks.

• I'm so sick, so whatever sounds good I will eat. Pizza rolls, crackers, hoping for some subway for lunch (toasted of course). I threw up 3x this morning and couldn't keep any breakfast down so whatever sounds good is what I will be eating. Trying to stay hydrated mostly.i want to do my best and eat healthy but theres always the second and third trimesters, Lord willing.  
  • Had toast with PB this morning just to curb the morning nausea. Snacking in Cool Ranch Doritos until I can figure out what to make for lunch, which will most likely be Mac n cheese since the kids aren't in school today. Yuck.
  • Captain crunch cereal.. mmm I could eat it by the bucket lol..  and when I feel nauseated in the morning I can usually stomach any kind of tart or sour fruit to keep it at bay.. or else popcorn hah.. I'm soooo healthy 
  • I made the BEST wrap for lunch!! And it was probably the healthiest thing I've ate since getting pregnant. 

Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, cheddar cheese, and some light ranch dressing. 

It was amazing!! My DS wanted some and I really didn't want to share. I did. Because that's what mom's do. But I wasn't happy about it. 
  • Chili dogs are on the menu for dinner but I just want white queso! 

• Cheese, salt and fat are all I want.  I've been craving Mac and cheese, chips, buttered bread and really anything carb and fat related.  Veggies sound horrible to me right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just want Indian food so bad! But we are have pork chops and mashed potatoes tonight. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My mom ended up bringing over arbys for lunch and it sounded good when we talked on the phone. Once I dug into the sandwich, it was gross. So now I need something delicious for dinner to make up for it. I'm thinking olive garden sounds totally appropriate  :*
  • Lots and lots of carbs. That's all that sounds good and with MS, I'm just happy to be keeping stuff down. I was eating a few Jimmy Johns sandwiches a week (mostly because the bread is delish) until realizing that counted as deli meat. Boo! I agree with those of you that say coffee has been tasting bad. As much as I miss it, I'm wayyyyy less nauseated since I cut it out. 

PS- DH is taking me out to Benihana's tonight. Can't wait!!
  • @MamaStreeter

I haven't been able to eat anything all day, except a handful of cranberries, almonds and 3 sticks of asparagus. As soon as I read Subway. I was like YESSSSS that's what I want, so now I'm gonna be on my way to get one of those chicken onion teriyaki subways! Thank you!  <3
  • All I want is super greasy, nasty food. Which is really unusual for me. I have been trying to stay away from that and stick to healthy foods but unhealthy foods are calling my name! haha

• My appetite has vanished this week... It's like my mouth wants food but my stomach says no thanks. I have had some cravings for frosted flakes and orange sherbert freezes- apparently I'm in to sweets
  • @jaxx723 before I got pregnant with DS, I was eating a mostly vegetarian diet. It seemed like the second I POAS, I couldn't stomach vegetables anymore at all!  I survived off of plain toast and buttered noodles!  

@australianshepherdlover me too!  I had takeout three times this week!  Part of me feels terrible about it and part of me does not!

• Buffalo chicken subs! I've been ordering them at a rate of one a week from this little place that delivers. I really need to learn to make my own because this restaurant is getting all of my money.
    BabyFetus Ticker