October 2017 Moms
Options

UPDATED!! Slow Fetal Heartrate?!

hsteph0426hsteph0426 member
edited March 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Hey everyone! I am pregnant with baby #2, and we had an early ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days due to a history of miscarriages.  The baby was measuring exactly on track with dates.. however the heartrate was only 109 bpm.  My DD's 7 week bpm was much faster and everything I've read about 7 weeks heartrate should be 120+.  I realize I was still two days away from 7 weeks at the time of the ultrasound but still.. even if the heartrate increases 3bpm per day we're still looking at under 120.  Was anyone else's baby heartrate similar to a this? Trying to get a better idea and some peace of mind lol. I'm so nervous! 

Re: UPDATED!! Slow Fetal Heartrate?!

• Options
    I don't have anything helpful to say but I hope everything turns out ok.  Have you had betas drawn?
  • Options
    I had some drawn earlier on and they were doubling every 30 hours but I haven't had any done recently.  My doc isn't going to do a follow up appointment or anything.. and my next appointmdng
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *my next appointment isn't until the 14th.  Thank you for the best wishes! 
  • Options
    Are you in the US?  Can you switch doctors (or do what I did last time around and just go to a new one without telling the other one)?  If you're worried about the heart rate I don't see why you should have to wait til the 14th for another appointment... I'd get aggressive about it if it were me but then again I don't mind being labeled as crazy  :)
  • Options
    What did your doctor say?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    CytheCythe member
    edited March 2017
    I know when I had my u/s at 6 weeks, my doc wanted anything above 100. I believe 109 is within normal range for where you are so I wouldn't worry too much (yeah right, I know). 

When are you scanned again?
    **herp, I see you answered that. FX for the 14th! I think you'll be pleased how it's increased.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We had our first US last Wednesday at 6+2 as well as a precaution after spotting along with our history of MC. Baby's HB was 108. We went back 5 days later (This past Monday) due to more spotting and Baby's HB was up to 125. Nothing on either US indicated a reason for the spotting, but the MW said that she was reassured by the stronger HB. After the first US, she told us to try to just foucus on the fact that there WAS a HB. hope this helps! <3
  • Options
    my tech said anything over 100 was good and that was at 7w. they didn't measure earlier then that but they not to worry. if there were cause for worry your doctor would let you know and you'd be going in sooner. 

• Options
    Most likely everything is okay! Hang in there and keep your mind busy until your next appointment. I know that's easier said than done.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    At 6 wks my LO heartbeat was 106 and at 9 weeks it was 168. Don't stress. It will be a OK
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!! I feel much better after reading your comments.  Thank you for responding and helping put my mind at ease.  It doesn't help that this pregnancy is complete opposite to my DD,  I literally have NO symptoms this time around and with her I had severe morning sickness.   @migdala
    - I am in Canada... it's a little bit hard to explain but basically I have a main doctor who I've enrolled with at a clinic for years, however that main doctor often has residents and students underneath her to help with the work load.  Since I will be switching to a midwife at 9 weeks, they put me with one of the students to do my initial blood draws, physical, and booking my first ultrasound.  So the student is the one I've been dealing with.  I could call and possibly ask to book with someone else (either my actual doctor or another resident) but I would have to go through my initial student doctor to get to that other person if that makes sense.  He says it's totally fine.. and at first I was worried that he didn't really know what he was talking about because it was sooooo low compared to my DD, but now I'm not so sure reading all of the other comments.  @dogperson11
    - I hope that answers your question as well.    We are telling my family this weekend at my dds birthday party.  I lent my sister my Doppler when she was pregnant, so I'm hoping that once we tell them, I can get it back and have some luck picking up an early heartbeat like I did with my DD?  My appointment on the 14th isn't actually an ultrasound.  They didn't book me a follow up ultrasound after this last one.  It's just my first appointment with my midwives.  They will do the Doppler there however, in case I don't have any luck.  Do my next scan isn't until 11 weeks.. 4 weeks away :(. @Cythe

• Options
    AiramHAiramH member
    edited March 2017
    I think it's hard to pick up the heartbeat with a Doppler before 12 weeks. So don't go crazy if you can't find one, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Having said that...I got my Doppler out already, couldn't resist!
  • Options
    I just had an US, thinking I was 7+1, but they think I ovulated later, so closer to 6+4.  Our heart rate was 128, but my RE said anything over 100 is great! Hopefully all is fine for you!
  • Options
    I had my 1st u/s last Thursday at 6weeks 3 days heart rate was 117 they said low end of normal and come back in a week.  We went last night at 7weeks 3 days and heart rate jumped to 153.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I will update you if I get my Doppler and by some blessing can find the heartbeat!! 
  • Options
    Don't they say a slower heart rate, less than 140, could be an indication of a boy?
  • Options
    MyelhsaMyelhsa member
    edited March 2017
    Don't they say a slower heart rate, less than 140, could be an indication of a boy?
    No.

@hsteph0426 Glad to see your update! I'm sure the spotting was really worrisome too.  :/

Sending vibes for a happy, healthy and hopefully uneventful 9 months your way!
  • Options
    @Myelhsa thank you so much!!!   :) I really appreciate it! 

@relax&amp;smile2 - I've heard that before but I don't think there is much stock in it if you look it up.  Not to mention now the heartrate is over 150 - talk about mixed signals if that's the case lol.   I would love to have a boy but I think I'll just have to be patient until my 18-20 weeks ultrasound :) thanks for checking in
  • Options
    I had an ultrasound done around 6w5d and the heartbeat was 114 and baby measured 6w1d. My doctor said they like to see above 120 before they will feel completely confident and good to go (especially since I've had a miscarriage before). I stressed about it, but everything online was saying 6-7 weeks it's normal to see within 90-110 range. I went back on Monday (one week later) and this time baby was measuring 7w3d (so it grew more than week's worth) and heartbeat was 143. It's torture, I know, but try to relax and see how the next one goes. It's very likely the heartbeat was just starting to pick up it's tick when you had the first ultrasound. <3 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker