March 2017 Moms
Options

Water breaking vs. peeing

Ivorytower2Ivorytower2 member
edited March 2017 in March 2017 Moms
Hi ladies- I'm super paranoid about water leaking, since I had it with my last labor and ended up needing antibiotics for both of us, etc. but for the past week or more after I pee, I stand up and then within a few minutes leak something. I'm assuming it's just a little more pee breaking out of my rolls when I change positions, and especially because it only seems to happen right after going to the bathroom.

I had appt yesterday and fluid levels look good, so maybe nothing to worry about, but can't help it.

Has anyone else experienced this consistently right after using bathroom?  Thanks!

Re: Water breaking vs. peeing

• Options
    I have not experienced this but I can say that it seems odd for your waters to only leak after you use the restroom- wouldn't they trickle continuously? Because of that Im going to say you're probably not leaking haha! And you can always ask your doctor to check! :) 
  • Options
    I had this for weeks! Water stayed intact and my dr said it was just urine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This happens to me all the time. Pretty sure it's pee. I had a similar experience with my first baby. My fluid levels are currently low though so ....there's that. Doctors don't think I am leaking. 
  • Options
    I've been experiencing the same thing for weeks. For me it's just been pee
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been peeing a little like 5-10 minutes after using the bathroom on and off for a few weeks.  My dr said it's normal from baby pushing on the bladder and squishing it in such a way it doesn't empty completely all at once. 
  • Options
    This happens to me too! I've found that tilting forward and backward at the waist while still seated on the toilet will sometimes help empty my bladder completely...even though it is becoming harder to lean forward! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Do you have a step stool handy?  I put both my legs up on a step stool in a squat position after I urinate to make sure it all comes out...otherwise it doesn't...