Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO 3/2/17

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: Is there one thing you still won't tell your parents you have done?

Re: WTO 3/2/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cdnrunning Being 5/3 is the worst. It's like my body hasn't even given me a chance to try! Sorry your O is being so evasive. FX it shows up soon and you don't end up in purgatory like me.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 17/15

CD: 24

WAYDTGKU: apparently not the one thing that matters this cycle.

R/R:  Well, this is looking like a lost cycle. H has been out of town since Mon and I clearly haven't Od yet. I haven't even bothered with opks since having a head's up would do me absolutely no good.  This might be the one and only time that I hope my body holds off for one of its 46 day cycles. H is back Sunday, so if I could not O until CD32 again, that'd be great. That is probably the only time I have ever said that.

This month also marks 2 years since we stopped preventing, so that's fun...

I'm thrilled that it's Thurs and I only have to spend half of the day in the office tomorrow. I had two phone interviews earlier this week, and I'm rrreeeaallllyyy hoping something pans out with one of them. 

CS/Q: nope.

Probably more than one thing. The first one that I can think of is that I went into the ditch in high school, which obviously my mom knows. The part that she doesn't know is that the car actually rolled before going into the ditch. I never told her because I didn't want to freak her out. The car was virtually undamaged (heavy snowfall) so there was no outward sign that I had rolled it.
  • Options
    @LoveInDC at least we can commiserate :) I'd have a glass of wine but it's a bit early and I think my work would frown on that lol
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: All the stuff

R/R: I'm like a grumpy old man today. My nerves are shot for bloodwork tomorrow. I slept in today. I did wake up at 5:30 to temp and forgot my temp and then double tapped my thermometer and lost the temp. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Is there one thing you still won't tell your parents you have done? They really don't need to hear what I've done. 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• Options
    @loveindc The drug that's mentioned on here to kickstart your period is Provera. I really really hope your body just gets it's shit together and you don't need it, but yeah I don't think Clomid would work here! 

• Options
    Thanks @hartmich and @justkeepswimming8 for the med advice! I mentioned before, but my new OBGYN is all about handing out Clomid as soon as you hit CD15 without O. While I would hope she'd know I'd need something else at this point, I'm not entirely sure I can trust her. I just don't want to actually hit CD60 and take something I'm not supposed to just because she hands it to me. Time to fall down the Dr. Google rabbit hole!
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 12 cycles/ 7 TTCAL

CD:2

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, preseed, avoiding caffeine

R/R: Rave: I slept better last night than I have in a long time. Rant: Apparently there was a windstorm last night, and the main way I go to work was closed this morning due to a downed tree. I ended up 20 minutes late trying to backtrack... =(

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Is there one thing you still won't tell your parents you have done? There isn't much I can hide from my parents as I usually tell them everything anyways, so this one is tough. If I think of anything I'll edit my post.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    Month/Cycle: Back to TTA  :(

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, RRL

R/R: It's been a roller coaster of TTC emotions the last 48hrs. After geeking myself up about TTC this cycle I did a little more research into my company's Maternity policy and I discovered that if I take the regular "maternity" leave vs FML then my job won't cover my medical benefits during my leave! My medical coverage is extremely expensive so... there goes that! Also- AF is really being a biotch right now. Ugh. 

CS/Q: Notta. 

Uhhh I would probably be pretty honest with my parents about my past if they asked but I don't think that they really want to know lol 

@LoveInDC I don't think they give you Clomid just to start AF. My friend hasn't had her period in months and her doctor was going to give her something to kick start it too but she isn't even TTC. Clomid seems intense for that?

@cdnrunning Sorry about your fake out temp spike. What a B. 

@zwink1 FX for a new job!! 

@Dilynne I'm so sorry the appt didn't go as you had hoped! I can imagine how difficult the waiting must be. Hugs. 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @LoveInDC hoping this ewcm is your body getting ready for O!!! 

@lulu1180 yay for good timing!! Fx so hard for you!!!   

@flashley good luck tomorrow!!  Wishing you a smooth appointment and calmed nerves! 

@zwink1 hopefully you O late this cycle so you can get good timing

@cdnrunning sorry your body is being so confusing, hugs. 

Month/Cycle: 14/14 3AL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: sex EOD OPKs cm preseed

R/R: I'm pretty sure O was 2 days ago but I'm gonna wait to be sure! I'm so over this week. I realized all my rants are about work and that's sad that I use all my energy and frustration on it 

CS/Q: question- *TW* i posted this is another thread early last week but I'm wondering if anyone has any information on this. See spoiler box 
    For some strange reason every time I've ever taken a first response pregnancy test is has always been positive (line or digital). And I mean a clear pink line no evap, it's not blaringly dark but pink. Anyways ive taken other brands and they were all negative only the first response. So I put my theory to work yesterday and randomly peed on a first response even though I know I'm not KU and I just got a positive OPK a few days ago. It was positive. Like wth? Is it possible to have a low level of hcg in your body even if your not pregnant? I know I'm not, I got my period just had a positive OPK and now I'm heading into the TWW but I've never gotten a negative first response. I haven't been able to find anything online about this. All other tests like 5 different brands were all negative and this happened last cycle too. I was gonna ask the RE about it but I didn't know if any one else had input

nope I've always been really honest even if it was bad or embarrassing I can't hide things from people without getting tremendous guilt 

edit- to fix spoiler box 
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: Trying to find the time to BD. It's been hard. I work all day at home, and H is a night shift worker. So he sleeps most of the day and then goes to work when I get done for the day. We actually have to schedule sex. :/

R/R: I wish I temped this cycle. I'm so mad at myself for being lazy about it

CS/Q: Nothing to see here. My O pain seems to have gone away. I've never had O pain like I did yesterday before. Do you typically get O pain before, during or after O? 

GTKY: Is there one thing you still won't tell your parents you have done? Nothing I can think of. I was the good kid haha
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @safire3 Big hugs to you. I'm sorry you are struggling. Vent as much as needed!
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @safire3 sorry you are in a funk! :( do what's best for you.   
    @beachbunnyxo123 Unfortunately I can't help with your question. I've never heard of this happening. If you don't get a good response, I would def talk to your RE for some insight. It does sound super odd...also sorry work has been a source of frustration for you!
    @TigerCakes I actually have the same problem. My temps fluctuate on average between 96.9 and 97.1 pre-O. I was really concerned about this, and read online it could indicate a thyroid issue. I got my thyroid tested and it came back normal - so I can rule that out. At this point, I do not know why my temp runs low... As I just got tested last cycle, and I've only been temping for 4 (including this one) I'm waiting to see what happens as my body continues to regulate after going off BC in October. If you're concerned, maybe consider getting your thyroid tested too? Especially if you have some of the symptoms for it. Otherwise, I'm not much help as I don't have an answer yet... 

Month/Cycle: 4/2, 2/1 AL

CD:17

WAYDTGKU: PNV, DHA, CM, CP, BBT and OPK

R/R: Rant: Just trying to get though the week from hell. In between working late multiple nights in a row, trying to track down all the documents my loan officer needs for us to buy a house, and the random spotting, I've been really stressed. Rave: DH has been very supportive and helping out with cooking dinner so I don't have to. 

CS/Q:Still spotting mid cycle. I have no clue what is going on with my body. 

Not much actually. I was always pretty open with my parents because they were not very strict. 
  • Options
    @Kiki75 Beer tasting at a museum sounds like so much fun! 

@TigerCakes The important thing is that your post O temps are above the coverline and that there is a distinct temp shift. I don't think there is a problem with temps running low in general? 

@beachbunnyxo123 I don't have an answer for you but that is real effed up! I'm never using those now. Sorry you have had to experience that.

@safire3 Hugs  <3

@Sailing_Mama Don't come back!! 

@dragonfly87 Yes, I started a new job in Dec which is the only reason my DH and I have been TTA. I have been waiting to time things so I know I will qualify for FML when I go out on maternity. My job does have another maternity policy for women who have worked here under a year but as I said it won't cover my medical so waiting the extra 2 cycles to insure the FML just makes the most sense at this point. 
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 We do have a very small amount of HCG in our systems at any time, which is why the sensitivity of the tests isn't to pick up any amount of it.  I want to say that generally there is less than 5.0 mIU/mL and the FRER picks up 6.3 mIU/mL.  I don't know if you body just produces more than most nonpregnant women naturally.  Sorry you have to deal with that confusing situation!

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @lulu1180 the one reason I hate starting daily thread is because of the GTKY questions.  I'm the worst at coming up with questions.  Sorry it was a repeat!

@Kiki75 there are a lot of things that could cause you to O later than normal including stress.  In the past year I've been charting my O day ranges from CD13-CD17.

@TigerCakes my cover line seems to stay around that temp every month.  I have low temps and my OB is well aware of them and hasn't voiced any concerns.

• Options

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: HIO, BBT, Starting OPK this cycle, FertilAid, OvaBoost, FertileCM, Vitamin C, Omega3, Probiotic, Dessicated Liver, Collagen, Red Raspberry Leaf Tea, Maca, Green Tea CD1-O, POM Juice CD2-O, Pineapple 1DP-5DPO, No Alcohol/Caffeine, Fertility Yoga

R/R: Rave: Nothing particular, but I’m just in a really good mood today!

CS/Q: My temps are going back up and it’s really annoying me.

GTKY: had a one night stand

@Dilynne that’s a really frustrating appointment.  Are there any other RE’s in your area?

@kiki75 lots of things can make you O later than normal: stress, being sick, etc.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @BertieMeetsGertie I'll join that pity party with you.  I'm so super excited for the ladies that got their BFP but sad for myself :(

@mispanda It's not your fault and certainly not the first time it's happened (and won't be the last)!  It's more a commentary that I've been here too long

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    @TigerCakes @darkrose88 When I was temping orally, my temps would be really low pre-O (like 96.5-96.9). I talked to my naturopath about it because I'd read the same thing in TCOYF, and she said that the 'normal' temp range is just like the 'normal cycle length' and not to worry about it unless it was extremely low, and even then it would just be a prompt for a test, not necessarily an indication of a problem. Temping vaginally helped with both leveling out my charts and with being in the more typical range, but it still varies.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @safire3 Hugs girl. I am at cycle 15 and it kills me typing that every day. I have a hard time with others BFP too. Not that i am not happy for them, because I am.

Month/Cycle: 9/10 TTCAL 14/15 total that count

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: BBT, PNV, fish oil, vitamin D, CoQ10, Myo-Inositol.  Starting tomorrow OPK, HIO ED/EOD

R/R: 

CS/Q:

I was too well behaved in HS. I still never did anything too crazy after HS, but there are some sexual encounters I def wouldn't want them to know about.

eta: typo
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @Tigercakes Hope you feel better soon!

@safire3 Sending internet hugs...I'm the same way this month. I had my hopes up for the last cycle, but now I'm just so frustrated...

@Karrotelle My fiance also works nights, so I know the struggle. Sometimes he'll stay up, other times I have to catch him before work, it can be difficult.

@dragonfly87 The main streets looked fine this morning, except for the road that was closed off. Apparently a lot of places lost power over night, however.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    You guys are reminding me of all kinds of stupid things I did and never told my parents! @shortstack930 I went through a bad boy phase and "dated" someone similar! Although, he wasn't quite so bad until after I'd already quit with him. Afterward, he dealt drugs for a while, ended up in jail (not for dealing drugs and not for very long),  and tattooed himself from basically the top of his head to his waist. Don't get me wrong, I can get on board with some good tattoos... The head was just too much.  We haven't spoken in almost a decade, but from my fb perusal he seems to have circled back around. He's married with 2 kids now.

Actually, I think I did let that one slip to my mom a while back. But it was years after I had stopped talking to him, and my mom is sort of hard to shock with that sort of thing.