June 2017 Moms
Options

Teacher Check-In :)

How are all my pregnant teacher friends doing?  I'm 25w3d and by the end of the day, I'm so sore!  I only taught until 30 weeks when I was pregnant with my twins, and the thought of 15 more weeks of being on my feet all day is a little bit scary!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

Re: Teacher Check-In :)

• Options
    I'm doing alright, but I'm not directly in the classroom anymore so I spend most of my time sitting at a desk, or sitting in meetings.  But I'm still EXHAUSTED at the end of the day....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today was rough! My feet are starting to swell, and the kids were just terrible, and of course DH had to work late tonight. I am really dreading tomorrow as it's my day with no break. Spring break can not get here fast enough! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly it's not bad. I'm terrible at remembering that I cannot do as much physically as I normally do. Like I should probably stop lifting my 5th grade student and ask one of the paras to transfer him instead. However, that she not even 60# and I can do it comfortably for now. Soon I will have to make more adjustments to how I teach. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    Doing OK. Had a tough parent meeting Friday morning after being kind of shaky already from a tougher doctor appointment Thursday. It definitely made me more emotional than it normally would. I am on the third floor so those stairs seem neverending some days. I worked until after my due date with DD last time so this is still in the doable stage for me. DS is due after school is over for the year and the principal and I talked maternity leave today. I decided I am going to still take 8 weeks when we return in the fall because I definitely went back way too quickly after DD last time so he will be close to 4 months when I return rather than 2 months

• Options
    I'm hanging in there. The last 30 minutes of the day are always the longest. The kids have been alright but I'm ready for Spring break too. I feel bad because I get home with zero energy and my 3 y/o is always ready to play. 

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    I'm feeling okay in general, just back to being tired.

The biggest issue right now is weird scheduling due to state testing. My plan is usually in the middle of the day, and lately it's been first thing. It's hard to not feel exhausted without that much needed break. 

Speaking of which, when is your Spring Break? Do you have any plans?
  • Options
    If my students could stop being so so terrible that would help greatly.  I think I say please stop talking at least 5,000 times a day.  I am really ready for spring break and my due date because I am at my wits end with some of them.  As for me physically, I am doing ok, just get tired towards the end of the day.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @FSUNole31 when is your 2nd interview again?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 it was Monday.  I have my last mock class to teach Friday early morning and if I do well I will hopefully get the job.  It is part time though so we would have to really number crunch to see if it is doable.  I am willing to pretty much cut out every non necessity to make it work though.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    If my students could stop being so so terrible that would help greatly.  I think I say please stop talking at least 5,000 times a day.  I am really ready for spring break and my due date because I am at my wits end with some of them.  As for me physically, I am doing ok, just get tired towards the end of the day.
    Exactly this. I have 5-6 that don't stop all day long. 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Options
    Counting down the days to leave.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Today I am good (my principal and assistant principal are both absent, that must be why!)... but most days I leave close to tears.  I have 38 students on my caseload, and am getting little help.  Today, I am letting my kids have a "fun" day in here so I can get some stuff done that I have been putting off, that is due tomorrow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in early childhood education and only work part time but my back hurts so bad if I bend and lift kids too much! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm a Para and starting to feel the Rath this week (25 weeks today).  I'm just hoping to make it to the end of our school year.  I'll be off all summer and the infant spot at daycare opens the 2nd week of August, so I will be going back as regularly scheduled.  I'm excited to have the full summer off though.  
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Options
    Today I was so exhausted and grumpy in the am. I felt frazzled all day. Had to stay later to clean up the mess I made lol. Tgif tomorrow. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been doing well, just tired, like so many of you other ladies. For the first time in my six years of teaching, I need to sit down. Luckily, I have very good kids right now, so it hasn't been a problem. 
  • Options
    What does everyone teach? I'm wondering if certain grades/subjects are harder than others.  I currently teach a primarily self contained class of medically fragile/severe to profoundly disabled elementary kids. My job is much more physical than when I was pregnant with DD teaching grade 3-6 resource. 

Due June 25 2017

• Options
    Sorry everyone us having such a rough time. I feel slightly bad posting this. I have an awesome class of 3rd graders this year. Just the kind you want when pregnant. I have had to do a lot of "chair teaching" though because my belly is hurting from standing.

Spring break is in April and we rented an ocean front condo for 4 days.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @hopeful808 My degree is Early Childhood Education. I babysit a 2.5 year old and an 8 month old twice a week and I help out at my friend's in-home daycare and those kids range from 5 months to just over 2 years. Usually we have 2 5 month olds, a 10 month old, a 1 year old and 3-4 that are going to turn 2 in the next few months. I also work at the gym daycare and am usually in the infant room with babies under 2 years. It's getting very hard to lift everyone and get up and down off the floor. I'm only 24 weeks! I can't imagine how hard it will be at 34+ weeks! At the beginning of April I am going to start nannying 3 days a week for infant twins. They will be 3 months old when I start and 5 months old when I end.

I guess the short answer to your question is that I don't usually work with kids much over 2 years old! :) 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What does everyone teach? I'm wondering if certain grades/subjects are harder than others.  I currently teach a primarily self contained class of medically fragile/severe to profoundly disabled elementary kids. My job is much more physical than when I was pregnant with DD teaching grade 3-6 resource. 

I teach third grade. 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • Options
    FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
    edited March 2017
    I teach 6th grade Read 180.  I have one student out of about 60 that is on grade level.  And just barely.  Most of my students are between a 1-4 grade reading level and many of them have been retained so they are older.  I love most of them, but they are a challenge.  I also have them for two periods a day which is very trying.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    FSUNole31 said:
    I teach 6th grade Read 180.  I have one student out of about 60 that is on grade level.  And just barely.  Most of my students are between a 1-4 grade reading level and may of them have been retained so they are older.  I love most of them, but they are a challenge.  I also have them for two periods a day which is very trying.
    Whew, you do have a rough group. I give props to anyone who does middle school. I couldn't do it and to take the struggling students must be both rewarding but exhausting.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @kahlan82 this is my first year with intensive reading.  Before I took my two years off after my daughter I taught in grade level/advanced reading and while I had some rough ones this years group is by far my most challenging to date!  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    teacher mom-2teacher mom-2 member
    edited March 2017
    6th-8th grade math, 6th geography, religion, and reading. My 7th and 8th grade students are in an advanced class, so in the two years they have me, we cover 3 years of material so they can skip a year of math in high school or take a college class their senior year. Sometimes I have trouble being smart enough for it LOL I make so many math errors

• Options
    Middle school math
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been doing well, just tired, like so many of you other ladies. For the first time in my six years of teaching, I need to sit down. Luckily, I have very good kids right now, so it hasn't been a problem. 
    This is my 6th year and I sit so much now. Felt kinda bad at first, but we have good excuses . ☺
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I teach 8th grade US history. Not as physically taxing as those of you who work with the little ones, but definitely exhausting dealing with 150 hormonal kids throughout the day! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    5th graders over here

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Options
    8th grade Language Arts
  • Options
    I am student teaching so I just finished teaching special education to 2nd 4th and 5th graders and Monday I start my placement teaching geometry to special education students at a high school. 
    Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29 
  • Options
    I am student teaching so I just finished teaching special education to 2nd 4th and 5th graders and Monday I start my placement teaching geometry to special education students at a high school. 
    That's a big jump in grade levels, good luck! 
    Due June 25 2017