TTC After a Loss

What day to start testing opk after first AF

So I miscarried on 1/30 just got AF. I had a 25-26 day cycle before and I do know that my cycle may change.  

I don't want to miss ovulation window.  What day did you start testing with OPKs.  I have the clear blue advanced digital at home as well as many cheapos.  I am thinking the clear blue has the earliest day to test at CD7 so thinking I may start the cheapos then.  Last time when I got pregnant the test was positive on about CD13 but again don't want to miss window.

I am new to this testing January was the first month of OPKs for me and that is all I have used.  I see people say they use the cheapos daily to see it increase and confirm with clear blue digital but wouldn't that be too late.  I thought the clear blue digital catches it earlier or is supposed to.

Thanks!

Re: What day to start testing opk after first AF

• @Leesa926 If you know your HCG is 0 and won't turn the OPKs falsely positive, you can start when you normally would.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Thanks.  My level is definitely zero I have just heard that the cycles could still be a little wonky and some have said it is earlier.  Just checking I have leftover clear blue so not too big of a problem
  • Loading the player...
  • I would start the day AF ends.  I'm pretty sure I missed my O the first cycle after MC.   I started testing day after AF after that and have been able to turn OPKs since. 
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    I didn't track the month right after my CP so I'm no help.  This cycle however is back to normal and I started testing OPKs CD11 - positive on CD16.  I have a 30 day cycle
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yah, I did them everyday after I got to 0.  It was a while though before I O'd but I didn't want to miss it.