March 2017 Moms

C-section Thread!

2»

Re: C-section Thread!

•  I'm 1 week post cs and overall feeling great.  I did a bunch of light housework this morning (folding laundry and putting it away) and organizing baby gifts that have come since LO was born which made me feel like a normal human (sad but true).  The only things that generally suck are coughing (holy F it is still terrible) and pooping.  It's gorgeous out here & I am pushing to take DD and the dogs around the block for little walk to get some fresh air!  I worry I am overdoing it,  bit assume my body would tell me if I was.

Did anyone else's doctor warn them there would potentially be a second coming of heavier PP bleeding 7-10 days out?  Did you experience this?  I feel like I had a weird burst of heavier bleeding today that was short lived.   Hopefully that is what they warned me of because, if so, it wasnt bad at all.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MrsBinPA yes coughing is horrible! I did have the increased bleeding exactly 2 wks pp that lasted about 3 days
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsBinPA your body will definitely tell you if you're overdoing it! Coughing is the worst, second to sneezing. I actually reopened my incision a bit several days PP sneezing. I also had an increase in bleeding around then, but I was also starting to do a bit more then too.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @mcdonald-bailey I'm itching to start exercising, too. I came across this website today, looks like it has some great information, and a couple simple exercises I might start doing now.
    https://www.girlsgonestrong.com/blog/pregnancy/c-section-pregnancy/returning-to-exercise-after-a-c-section/ 
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @MrsBinPA I'm almost 3 weeks post scheduled C-section and have random, sporadic episodes of bleeding. Overall, it's way less than i expected and hasn't really been bothersome. OB said basically "anything goes" with regard to the joy of lochia (such a weird word) for 6 weeks! 

As for general C section advice, I would say I'm so glad I did it and that it worked well for my situation. I thought that the hormone crash was way worse than recovering from surgery. I asked for an abdominal binder and wore it during the hospital stay, which I think helped speed healing. I never had discomfort coughing or laughing and was up and around as soon as we got home, and back to full strength within 2 weeks. 

Love to all all the other CS mamas! I'm thinking healing thoughts for you. 
  • Ok ladies, this itching is driving me nuts! When did everyone shave for the first time PP??
  • Jilliants said:
    Ok ladies, this itching is driving me nuts! When did everyone shave for the first time PP??
    Just shaved yesterday and I'm 6 wks pp
  • @Jilliants I shaved about 1 week PP and it was a terrible mistake on my part. I have never had such bad razor burn in my life!!! I have no idea if the razor burn/itching is actually related to my c section recovery at all but that is the only thing that is different about this time! I couldn't even get "fully" shaved because the steri strips covering my incision were partly in my hairline.... So frustrating!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• I braved it last night, I'm 3 weeks PP. I was too sacred to go over the incision so I just took care of above and below. I look crazy. 
  • I shaved the sides and undercarriage but have a 70s patch going on the front.  It's gross but I am terrified to get too close.  I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow....

my incision is bothering me a bit tonight.  I did some baby wearing for the first time this morning.  I think maybe I overdid it a little.
    ****TW****

• I'm in desperate need of a shave. I may brave it this weekend. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • When did everyone stop bleeding? I am so dang tired of wearing pad! I will be 4 weeks pp on Wednesday and I feel like it should have stopped by now!

• SienaC said:
    When did everyone stop bleeding? I am so dang tired of wearing pad! I will be 4 weeks pp on Wednesday and I feel like it should have stopped by now!
    I feel like I bleed for a long time. It took me until about 6 wks pp and then randomly had some spotting for a couple of days at 8 wks. This was even the same after my vaginal delivery last time. 
  • SienaC said:
    When did everyone stop bleeding? I am so dang tired of wearing pad! I will be 4 weeks pp on Wednesday and I feel like it should have stopped by now!
    I bled for about six weeks.... and then got my period 3 days later.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Ok at least I'm not alone! I just saw a couple posts from people saying they stopped bleeding at 2 or 3 weeks and thought maybe I was weird! 

• I'm still using a couple liners a day and I'm 4 weeks out too. 
  • I'm only 2.5 weeks out but my bleeding stopped for 2 days and now is back, but is lighter. 
  • I guess I'm the odd one. I had bleeding for like 5 days and then it was light orangey-red discharge for like 5 weeks. @jenny0228  it sort of sounds like me. I would stop for several days and then it would start back up.

My incision also took for-ev-er to heal. There was one spot in the midde that kept weeping. It finally stopped and started fully healing at 9 weeks postpartum. My OB had me cleaning and applying hydrogen peroxide 3x a day and that definitely helped.
  • I'm still wearing liners for weird yellowish tan remnants.  The rusty brown stuff I had for weeks finally seems to have stopped.  Dying to be out of liners & back to cotton on my lady bits!!  I'm 4w 4d PP today.
    ****TW****

• I've been feeling really good- 4 weeks PP today. I went for a long walk today and was fine, then suddenly I feel terrible period like cramps and am bleeding heavier. Seems almost like a period starting, I have a headache, feel moody...  I was still bleeding really light as of yesterday. I know it can be really early for your period to return so soon but I'm formula feeding. Or maybe I overdid it on the walk but are cramps normal with PP bleeding?  
  • I had cramps on and off and still do at almost 7 weeks postpartum. I did bleed heavier anytime I did some sort of heavy or strenuous activity . I had bleeding until almost 7 weeks postpartum. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks @lilies5/28/06 - I think it was just due to more strenuous activity and went away after I rested.