Pregnant after IF

March Multiples Mamas!

Hey there mamas of multiples! I'm so excited to see so many of us here after the long road of infertility! Here is our monthly discussion with each other about concerns/questions that are unique to us!

Introduce yourself with how many babes you're cooking and what your expected delivery date and gestation is!

Any questions about being pregnant with more than one babe?

Anything else you'd like to discuss, like baby gear?

I'm assuming that we multiples like this thread, so even though I've had my trio I thought we could still have this around. If someone else wants to make it next month great, if no one else is really interested, that's fine too!
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: March Multiples Mamas!

• I love this thread since only momsof multiples can understand. I took my girls out today by myself it was a proud twin mom moment 
  • @ultratomato You go girl! I bet that was a Herculean effort to take both by yourself!

I think the biggest downside of multiples is if they come early and need NICU time. I am definitely filled with so much love for my trio, but dang do I wish they had stayed put for a little longer so we didn't need so much NICU time! We drove up and saw them today, and I'm so glad we did. I thought about staying the night, but ultimately decided to come home with DH. I'm sure I'll be back up tomorrow anyway, and I know they're in great hands!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • @AandDM2014 that must be hard to have your babes in the NICU and to be able to bring them home yet.  Soon enough and I'm sure you'll be so excited for that!  Love the pics on the other board...so excited for you!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I posted in 2nd tri but I will post here too. I am still pregnant. These have been the hardest most exhausting days of my life. I have had contractions everyday since Tuesday. It turns out that my cervix doesnt like to dialate and that baby girl hates it when they check. So I have contractions when she sits low then they check my cervix and she flys away and they magically stop. It sounds horrible but on one hand I'm extremely happy that they are staying put but another I am just mentally and physically exhausted. One moment you think you are having babies that day and the next you aren't. It is also hard on DH because he works an hour away and they have been thinking babies might be coming so he hasn't worked. The said I might just be one of the women who contract all the time but don't dialate. So it looks like this is the new normal until I start dialating, my water breaks or the babies go in distress. On a good note tomorrow is 28 weeks which is a huge day for babies. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @kelrauh oh goodness. I'm glad to hear you're still hanging on, but after just one night in the hospital I was ready to be done with it! I can't imagine how awful your stay must be. I feel for your DH too. I know most places aren't father friendly, so I can guess that it hasn't been easy for him. I hope you keep cooking them though it sucks being in the hospital. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 I was lucky enough not to have them in the nicu and I couldn't imagine what your going through not having them home ugh.  They will be home soon enough though 
  • @ultratomato it is hard having them so far away, especially since I can't drive yet so other people have to be a available to drive me. So far I have still seen them every day, but it's a tiring journey. I'm hoping to have them all home before the end of the month. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi ladies, curious as to what strollers you guys have/will purchase. I'm thinking the Joovy Twin Roo+ Seat Stroller. Thoughts, recommendations, insight, appreciated :) 
  • @JaneJane I have the chicco stroller don't remember the exact name of the double stroller and I just order the universal snap and go double stroller it was cheaper then the jovvy and had same reviews. I haven't used it yet because it hasn't come in but I think it will be a lot easier when I want to take the girls out on my own. And it was recommended by twin moms on Facebook sites 
  • @ultratomato - thank you! I'll definitely look into it. 
  • @ultratomato yay for taking them out by yourself.
    @AandDM2014 they'll be home soon, and I know you can't wait.
    @kelrauh glad they're still cooking, and praying that your stay gets better.
    @JaneJane I have a grace that I like, it was lighter than a few others, I'm blanking on the rest of the name.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi ladies

Im still early on in my first trimester- 7 weeks and 4 days with an oct28 due date. I'm still very cautious and super nervous and probably will be until I give birth. It's just hard to believe that I'm finally pregnant and with twins at that. We had the embryos pgd tested so we know chromosomal abnormalities aren't an issue. Does the anxiety go away? I really want to let myself celebrate but I hold back bc the nerves. Anyone relate?
  • @mous - congrats! I'm going to speak for everyone and say the anxiety doesn't really go away. I struggled to get excited until my anatomy scan at 19 weeks. I didn't really buy anything until after that scan. Once I felt both babies on a regular basis and developed personalities and names it got a bit better. I'm probably not the best person to say how you should feel as I have been on bed rest at the hospital for the past 7 weeks due to an incompetent cervix (came in at 22 weeks). I can say though that I am extremely excited to meet my little girl and boy and that knowing they are and will be okay and feeling them inside of me is the best feeling in the world. The first trimester and a half are hard mentally but you have been through alot to get where you are and you will get through whatever you are given to take care of your two littles. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @mous welcome!!!! The anxiety never fully goes away! It's burned into us. BUT the excitement and joy 100% builds!! It will eventually become stronger than the anxiety too! You will enjoy and love your pregnancy, you'll just worry a lot in the beginning (and at times throughout) :smile:
    every milestone gets better! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @mous the anxiety doesn't really go away but once their born your mind is at ease a little in a different way. My girls are almost 11 weeks and i would say that I still worry about them but about different things 
  • Hi.  I found out today that im pregnant with twins.  We already have a dd thats 2 yrs old. Originally i was due on 10/31/17 but with multiples, im sure that date will change. 

I'm wondering if anyone has an older sibling for their twins and how they dealt with it.  Im worried that when the twins are born, she will be ignored or we wont have the energy to deal with all 3 kids and she will suffer as a consequence.  Already, we are reconsidering some vacations we wanted to take this summer.  TIA!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats @hopeby2015 on your twins! I have a stepson from DH's previous marriage who just turned 11.  We've already talked about not wanting him to feel like he's ignored or less important now that we are having twins.  It's going to be hard but I think keeping that in mind is helpful and letting them know you'll try your best.  We go to NC every other summer for a family reunion and next summer after twins are born will be a challenge with all three kids.  In the past, DH gets stressed because his son wants to spend every second with him on this trip.  I've already told DH I hope he doesn't desert me with the twins while him and DH go hang.  I know I'll need all the help I can get.  So, I feel your pain but I think it's important to talk with your DH about it ahead of time to plan accordingly!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DDRGirlieDDRGirlie member
    edited March 2017
    @hopeby2015 I'm an older sibling of twins. I have to say I never felt like my parents loved my sisters more than me. Although my sisters did tend to play with each other more than me. One thing to remember though! If the twins say the older sibling did it, check for evidence!! My sisters always got me in trouble for things I didn't do!!
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @mous - Welcome and congrats!! Like others say the anxiety doesn't really go away. As time goes on its easier but its always there. 

@hopeby2015 - No insight on your question but welcome to the group! I know from watching my sister's kids, and there are no multiples, that when my niece was 2 she went through a very clingy period when her baby sister was born. I'm watching this occur w/ my friends 3 year old son and her newborn daughter. In short, its probably normal that there will be some growing  pains. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Since your daughter is 2 as time goes on you can have just "her" time. Like story time, baking time, etc. The twins will be too young to participate and the focus will be on their older sister. Again, I have no experience in this area but just some ideas.